ADVERTISEMENT

John McNulty is returning to Alabama

@NickRU714 -

McNulty spotted at the bar of Schiano's favorite restaurant. . . . .

jim-carrey-at-the-bar.gif

Reactions: NickRU714
Is there anything to read into that he couldn't get a real coaching job so he had to go back as an analyst?
From his Boston College hiring news release:

"During his two-year stint at Notre Dame as the tight end coach, he oversaw the development of Michael Mayer, who set Notre Dame single-season records for a tight end in receiving yards, receptions and receiving touchdowns.

In 2020, en route to a berth in the College Football Playoff, Irish tight ends made noise in the pass and run game, led by eventual NFL draftee Tommy Tremble and Mayer."

Doubt he would be hired for the role because we now have a TE coach, and it might be uncomfortable with JM and KC on the same staff (maybe not), but could he have added value as a TE coach considering the lack of production from that position under Greg 2.0??

From his Boston College hiring news release:

"During his two-year stint at Notre Dame as the tight end coach, he oversaw the development of Michael Mayer, who set Notre Dame single-season records for a tight end in receiving yards, receptions and receiving touchdowns.

In 2020, en route to a berth in the College Football Playoff, Irish tight ends made noise in the pass and run game, led by eventual NFL draftee Tommy Tremble and Mayer."

Doubt he would be hired for the role because we now have a TE coach, and it might be uncomfortable with JM and KC on the same staff (maybe not), but could he have added value as a TE coach considering the lack of production from that position under Greg 2.0??
I forget . Did we only fire him once already? Or was it more

Twice, and IIRC, did not end well when Ash was fired.
He followed Greg to Tampa Bay, I think.

I don't think he was fired by Greg the first time around, I think he moved onto the NFL (Cardinals) for a few years, then rejoined Greg for his last year with the Bucs.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT