ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Pollock and Trey Sneed - Beasts from FL

KingHigh

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
For those who don't know, Jon is already committed and has become a very enthusiastic ambassador of the program with fellow RU recruits and beyond. Trey Sneed is a FL running back who is as talented as any running back RU has ever recruited. He seems to be an RU lean based on his comments that he was a big fan of RU growing up. Hopefully he commits soon because he is the real deal.

Both these guys are freaking 17 years old. I cannot wait to see them on the field for RU.

The Dream Team is coming together VERY nicely and I expect more great things on the horizon.

10922189_783946115023375_1438019758_n.jpg

NJ will grow into the core of the idea, and it's developing albeit slowly, but RU is what it is because of Floridians. And I don't care what state the guys are from when they love Rutgers as much as these two guys do. People don't understand how gotdang good Pollock is. He has shut down his recruiting and does not even report his offers, so Rivals pays no attention to him (they can't make any money off him). If he were half as interested in self-promotion as most of these kids, he'd be a rivals 4* with 20 major offers in his pocket.

Florida is part of the state of Rutgers. These kids are big time. Hope we land Sneed too.

Originally posted by ILOVERUTGERS:
Personally, when I hear this #DreamTeam thing, I'm kinda wishing its NJ kids
so you dont want Marques Ford? The whole state pride thing is so stupid, who cares where they're from. Our two best players over the past 10 years are New Yorkers (Rice and Leonard)

This post was edited on 3/7 12:20 PM by Rokodesh

After years of empty promises with Dream Team scenarios ( especially with New Jersey players) I'll wait and not hold my breathe.. remember talk is cheap by athletes so impressionable though it appears we may soon make it a reality...I like KyleFlood and his personality ...the staff and direction going forward is on an up tick...the final thing is do these top players realize this as well or are they blowing smoke up our proverbially arses?

This post was edited on 3/7 12:38 PM by RUBOB72

Would love to have the "Dream Team" thing come together consisting mainly of NJ kids, but until the top players in this state can see and recognize what they've got right in front of them, then I don't care if the best players come from Jersey or Genoa. -If they're premier athletes who can help get RU where we all want it to be, then I say come on up, down, over, or wherever it is they've got to come from....but just come and join the Rutgers family. -(And you can be sure I'll happily take all the quality players from Florida we can get.)

This post was edited on 3/7 5:57 PM by devoted2ru

Sheesh, a simple thread praising the kids we have ready to go out and kick ass for us descends into the same old chickenshit in a second.

Indeed and if jersey kids don't appreciate playing in the BIG in their home state let them leave - we'll find another kid who does someplace else...

Personally, when I hear this #DreamTeam thing, I'm kinda wishing its NJ kids
I'll take anyone that's talented and wants to play here. Who cares where they're from. The top kids in NJ are starting to wake up and realize that they can play Big Time football at Rutgers but some are going to be late to the party as we get talent from out of state to fill up scholarships.

Get the best possible players and the "get the best NJ players" will take care of itself. Applies to hoops as well.

This post was edited on 3/7 3:45 PM by Mr_Twister

Very excited to have both of those FL guys.
It doesn't matter where they are from - as long as they are good players, good people, and fit into our Rutgers culture.

Would you want the entire team to be from NJ?
If course not. That would be dumb, let alone, unrealistic.

Sure we want more of the top shelf NJ guys, and it WILL happen sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, welcome to Pollock and Sneed (I hope!)

Originally posted by Caliknight:
Florida is part of the state of Rutgers. These kids are big time. Hope we land Sneed too.
I have no idea what this means…seriously. 120 + teams recruit Florida….

While its all about wins and loses at days end, it chaps by butt that The State University of New Jersey is accepting applications from anywhere and everywhere…..not what a lot of NJ folk envisioned I assure you.

While its all about wins and loses at days end, it chaps by butt that The State University of New Jersey is accepting applications from anywhere and everywhere…..not what a lot of NJ folk envisioned I assure you.
You're being purposefully instigative with these posts. You know full well what the State of Rutgers means and you're saying it to get a rise out of people. Florida kids know that a lot of other Florida kids will be here, even if it is 1,000 miles away. Of course a lot of other schools recruit there, because there's a big emphasis on football down there. Why shouldn't the state university of New Jersey try its best to teach kids from all over the place? Diversity is a big part of life at Rutgers.

And in other news, Pollock looks a bit bigger and meaner in this picture than in a lot of the others I've seen. It scared me at first that he was a bit on the smaller side.

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:

You're being purposefully instigative with these posts. You know full well what the State of Rutgers means and you're saying it to get a rise out of people. Florida kids know that a lot of other Florida kids will be here, even if it is 1,000 miles away. Of course a lot of other schools recruit there, because there's a big emphasis on football down there. Why shouldn't the state university of New Jersey try its best to teach kids from all over the place? Diversity is a big part of life at Rutgers.

And in other news, Pollock looks a bit bigger and meaner in this picture than in a lot of the others I've seen. It scared me at first that he was a bit on the smaller side.
Pollock is a big kid. He's playing at 220 now. He will be as big as the coaches want him to be. He plays fast as hell too. During the USA/Canada game, Canada's line pretty much dominated the game, but they had no answer for Pollock off the edge. I don't think he got the QB down at all, but he was an obvious disruption and Canada had to eventually assign two linemen to account for Pollock's blitzes. Not to mention he is a great student and a born leader.

Rutgers material all the way.

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:

Not sure what you're implying here…..no ones against diversity here.

Just don't want to see whats transpired at West Virginia, a school where the fan base can't name a kid on the team from the 'home' state...almost as if kids use the school for one single purpose.

ILOVE -- NJ parents hold their nose when they sign the tuition check for their precious child who is settling for Rutgers. Meanwhile out of state parents are thrilled to write a larger check to send their kids to a 1766 school near NYC. If Jersey parents gave a shat, then they'd get their local legislators to support RU the way that other states support their flagship campusus. PA, FL, MD, NY kids? Keep 'em comin'.

ding ding ding, 78 took the words out of my mouth. we can't begrudge these kids who don't choose rutgers and to stay in NJ when older folks in the state bash RU, from the local media, to their own family and friends. so what you do is get the fl, pa, ga, ill kids that want to get away from home too. eventually the jersey kids will realize what they have with Rutgers, but it takes time. but so far, i love what we are doing with our FL recruiting, keep em coming.

Didn't we hire Schiano at least in part because he could bring the Sunshine State to Jersey..? We are now part of a pipeline that everyone else east of Kansas City depends on and does not have to be voted on by congress thank God.. Now we pick up a few from the Midwest to go along with NJ and Maryland and Pa. and New York guys and, BOOM, we are a playa'

I for one CAN'T WAIT to see Pollock be running the show on defense for us in a couple of years. The kid is literally EXACTLY what Rutgers is all about.... top notch academics, top notch character, and top notch athletics. I can easily see him becoming a student section favorite. Who care what state he comes from?! Like I stated before Rutgers is NOT about being from NJ... it is about being a school that produces some of the best future employees, entrepreneurs, and professional athletes in the country. And honestly this kid Pollock seems like he could be any of those that he wishes.. the kid is smart and also a warrior on the football field.

As for Sneed I do not know as much about him as I do Pollock, but any kid who WANTS to come to RU and has the ability to perform on the field and off is more than welcome.

Who said he's small? Pollock looks like a beast to me.

15810181-large.jpg

The last pic was from after his freshman year. Here's one from yesterday at the rivals camp. Looks like a 220 lb 4.5 40 HIGH SCHOOL JUNIOR to me. He's your typical Rutgers high-quality kid, too. Future is bright.

11039458_784806578270662_1547050204_n.jpg

Pollock is a day one starter for us. Good job king high. The '16 dream team is coming together nicely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT