ADVERTISEMENT

***Junior Day Recruit Reactions***

bobby deren

Heisman Winner
Feb 8, 2007
Shawn is on campus getting up to date feedback from the RU visitors. Here is a look of what some had to say:

WR Hasise Dubois - Depaul
"It went well. I saw a lot of top targets from the 2016 class here today and we just bonded really well. There is no problem with staying home, we are trying to start something big right here. We just wanted to get here and make sure we all had a bond."

LB Solomon Manning - Colonia
"I liked it. The best part was I got to listen that some of the players that play here and that was the most important part. It's close to home, my parents can come to my games and that is pretty important too."

Manning was told he would have to camp to earn an offer and show a 40 time around 4.7.

DT Mike Dwumfour - DePaul
"It was a great visit, I am used to being down here. This is a great coaching staff, it feels like home and it was fun to learn more about the process of Rutgers football."

Dwumfour was invited back for a spring practice where he said he will have more time to talk to Coach Panagos about a future offer.

DL Fred Hansard - The Hun School (class of 2017)
"I liked it very much, the whole Rutgers family. Every time I come here it is a good visit. It just keeps getting better and better and that is why I love Rutgers so much."

WR Mo Jabbie - South Brunswick (RU commit )
"I was going to come up anyway to help recruit a little bit. I wanted to see my boys and help talk them into coming to Rutgers and stuff like that."

Jabbie was decked out in Rutgers gear and his message to the recruits was "Stay Home, there is nothing else to really say. If you want to ball out and make a name, stay home at Rutgers."

WR Gene Coleman - Bergen Catholic
“I think this was a great visit, just being here with all the players and just connecting with everybody and being with has [Dubois] and Mo [Jabbie] and Jarrett [Guarantano] and Donald [Stewart]. I think we all had a great time. It's always great going to visit schools with people you know, it makes everything better.”

WR Donald Stewart - Paramus Catholic
"I had a great visit today. I got to meet several coaches that I hadn't met before and some players that I never met last time I came down here. So I had a great experience, just taking everything in and having a great time."

DB Tyrone Hill - Don Bosco
"It was great, I learned a lot more about the school. It felt real good to see how hard they work and it shows."

ATH Pat Johnson - The Bullis School (Md.)
It was pretty good. I got a good feeling about this school. This was my third time up here. I came for a game against Penn State, it was electrifying, maybe one of the most electrifying football games I have ever been to. This visit made me regain the family feeling because I talked to multiple who go to Rutgers and have gone to Rutgers. They say when you commit to Rutgers, that is the same way they are going to treat you as if you were a high school recruit."

LB Cam Brown - The Bullis School (Md.)

"The visit definitely educated more about the school. I did come up for a game against Indiana. I didn't get to see as much in detail as I did today. It definitely helped me see the focus of the school and how they really do focus on family here. It is more than just the football aspect. Family helps you get through football."
OL Michael Clark - Downingtown East (Pa.)
"It was really exciting. I love coming here. I was here earlier this year for the Tulane game, it was an amazing atmosphere. The coaching staff is amazing here, a lot of Downingtown guys have come here and been successful."

WR Taysir Mack - Grand Street Campus (N.Y.)
"The visit was good. I have a real good connection with the wide receivers coach, Coach Flood and Coach Fraser. We set and we talked, he told me how I could get better on my game. He made me realize there is more to just football in life."

WR Marcus Simms - Sherwood (Md.)

"I loved it. It was great, I love the atmosphere. I really enjoyed the people that were there and I got a really good feeling. Really what stood out was all the coaches."

OL Elijah Johnson - DeMatha (Md.)
"I loved it, it was actually great today. I love the facilities, the coaches and everything. I love the campus, it is somewhere I could myself being."

DT Ellison Jordan - Gilman School (Md.)
"I even heard from Kemoko Turay. It wasn't what you want to hear, it's what you need to hear. I had that mindset before, but it's better now."

ATH Phil Campbell - South Brunswick
"It's definitely a lot more exciting [getting the offer]. I grew up watching Rutgers. I always wanted to play here. It's a big deal to me and my family."

DB Joe Jay Smith - Bethlehem Catholic (Pa.)
"It went great. It was actually better than I expected. I really enjoyed myself. It really feels like a family environment, really someplace I would definitely look forward to coming to in the future."

This post was edited on 3/8 1:57 AM by Bobby Deren

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News