ADVERTISEMENT

Junior Etou

wasiman

Freshman
Mar 25, 2015
Too bad Junior Etou didn't stay. He looked good yesterday but I don't think he plays enough defense for Coach Pikell.

Worth noting that Rutgers finished 8 notches above Etou's Tulsa in the Sagarin rankings. His presence probably would have had little effect, except perhaps add to the team's maturity since he sat out a year.

Worth noting that Rutgers finished 8 notches above Etou's Tulsa in the Sagarin rankings. His presence probably would have had little effect, except perhaps add to the team's maturity since he sat out a year.
Don't kid yourself. His presence would have meant a great deal to RU. If we had a player we could consistently rely on for 8-10 ppg at the SF position, we would have won at least three more games.

Don't kid yourself. His presence would have meant a great deal to RU. If we had a player we could consistently rely on for 8-10 ppg at the SF position, we would have won at least three more games.
I agree.

No regrets for me saying goodbye to Junior Etou.

As a long time RU fan I want guys who want to be at RU.

Junior is not part of that group. And since when did Tulsa become a CBB destination ?

Had always felt that the fuzzy aspect regarding age led to some false expectations about him - some looked at him and said - wow - and just wait & see what he becomes when he fills out & gets just a bit bigger ... but he was already everything he was going to grow to be ...

He was an EJ recruit who bailed on EJ. Was a big loss last year when we were down so many players. Would have helped a great deal this year.

Too bad Junior Etou didn't stay. He looked good yesterday but I don't think he plays enough defense for Coach Pikell.

Etou was the only defender on our team and was constantly pushing seniors like Kadeem Jack into the correct position. I think he would have done fine under Pikiel, and I thought one of Eddie's biggest mistakes was featuring Kadeem on offense to the detriment of Junior. Kadeem had a horrible shot selection while he was trying to audition his range for the pros.

I do in a way feel bad for Junior who transferred to Tulsa to be closer to his cousin Serge Ibaka, who was subsequently traded almost immediately.

This should have been Etou's 4th year of college. It would be ironic if he became a graduate eligible player for a 5th year.

Etou would have bought into Pikiell and Staff and if so - his presence and having another big rebounder in there for us would have helped us big time. I can't count how many times I threw my hands up with so many second and third time opportunities we gave opposing teams.

Junior was grossly inconsistent in productivity and effort. He actually transferred before his sophomore season at RU. He just didn't tell anyone.

I agree with Piscataway mike but with etou it was more about is he a undersized PF (and behind Freeman) that can learn to play the three spot on defense and with handle

Think he would have been a help if he could have as we really lacked offense at the SF spot

Okay, I clearly missed something, lol
You missed...
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT