ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State series

What were/are the other OOC opponentsthose years? No need for more than 1 tough OOC game per year.

Reactions: RUPete
Great to hear, these tough OOC match-ups are no longer needed being in the B1G. We need guaranteed wins fellas, schedule 2 lower level local schools and 1 Florida/Georgia school i'll be happy.
Kansas State would lose to half of the Big Ten teams we play, easy. Their wins are over inflated with their schedule and usually aren't quality wins.

LOL…GS schedules down, not up. U of Rochester has open dates.

Yes, KS cancellation is truly a cause for panic. Do you ever grow tired of cementing your reputation as our resident village idiot?
It’s Greg’s track record. Fact. No panic, just truth. Smoke and mirrors, path of least resistance. If not Rochester then Oberlin. The Yeomen.

Last edited:
Reactions: brgRC90
It’s Greg’s track record. Fact. No panic, just truth. Smoke and mirrors, path of least resistance.
Hey, why don’t you take over? You’re brilliant enough to refer to yourself in the third person. I’m sure you’re qualified. 😂

Yes, KS cancellation is truly a cause for panic. Do you ever grow tired of cementing your reputation as our resident village idiot?

It’s Greg’s track record. Fact. No panic, just truth. Smoke and mirrors, path of least resistance.

Hey, why don’t you take over? You’re brilliant enough to refer to yourself in the third person. I’m sure you’re qualified. 😂
nice how you laugh at your own barb. I bet you giggled after posting that hilarity. I’d allow passes past the sticks on third and four…and wouldn’t play a qb who can’t be trusted to do that.

Not sure what you’re asking. My point is that we will always have plenty of quality opponents in league and many opportunities to schedule quality OOC opponents regionally. Scheduling KSU doesn’t make a lot of sense right now.
I'm asking why since that factor wasn't any different than it was a year or two or three ago. We still play two cupcakes plus 1 good OCC. What is your issue of KSU vs. Va tech? Travel?

I'm asking why since that factor wasn't any different than it was a year or two or three ago. We still play two cupcakes plus 1 good OCC. What is your issue of KSU vs. Va tech? Travel?
Yes. It’s a wash and a better wash for us. Not sure what entering into a series with KSU ever did for us. No point now.

It’s Greg’s track record. Fact. No panic, just truth. Smoke and mirrors, path of least resistance. If not Rochester then Oberlin. The Yeomen.

I hear that the early Fanduel line is RIT -6 over Syracuse.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Yes. It’s a wash and a better wash for us. Not sure what entering into a series with KSU ever did for us. No point now.
South Western B12 Respect. Showing that Texas Bowl wasn't a 1 off. Helps to recruit that area.

Wish we wcheduled more cool opponents like this. Our fans travel.

My guess is with Oregon, Washington, UCLA and USC and even Nebraska in the conference, adding another trip halfway across the country wasnt appealing to Greg. The Big Ten probably told the schools that each team will head West once a season. With 4/5 league home games needed by each team, that’s 18 games a year needed by the West Coast schools. Assuming they all play each other yearly, that’s 12 slots still. There’s only 14 other teams to fill those 12 slots, so 2 get lucky every year, and those 2 probably have to fly to Nebraska if they’re east, or Rutgers if they’re west.

Reactions: G- RUnit
South Western B12 Respect. Showing that Texas Bowl wasn't a 1 off. Helps to recruit that area.
No one cares about KSU as an opponent and the recruiting area argument is weak particularly now that we’re in the portal era. The stuff folks get upset about here.

Bottom line Greg is afraid to play anyone with a pulse. I get we play in the B1G and need a practice game, but those games suck to attend (a glorified practice). If that 80 team league ever happens there will be no Howards/Wagners.

Those games were canceled by Chris Ash in favor of more local games like BC, Syracuse and Virginia Tech.
No, by Schiano. Long before Ash. He added them as future opponents after some questioned why he scheduled two low FCS in the same season. PR move.

Later, canceled both. Wasn’t ever going to play OOC against higher level programs.

Why are so many here assuming we initiated the cancelation? There is nothing in the article stating that. This could easily be all on KState.

KU was good last year at 9-4, the bottom of the league was Baylor and Cincy at 3-9. Who knows who the bad teams will be in 2030?
You're right about 2030 but who really knows what conferences and CFB will look like in 6 years?

I'm guessing he was making a joke about KU, reminding how most felt RU would smoke them in 2018 but got crushed 55-14.

Just another Ash highlight.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
Bottom line Greg is afraid to play anyone with a pulse. I get we play in the B1G and need a practice game, but those games suck to attend (a glorified practice). If that 80 team league ever happens there will be no Howards/Wagners.

I guess Alabama playing Chattanooga means they are also afraid to play any team with a pulse.

BTW, Va. Tech doesn't have a pulse?

That 80 team league is a pipe dream. It was proposed by the Syracuse chancellor and the West Virginia president. Of course THEY want to see an 80 team league. The Big Ten and SEC commissioners have reportedly declined invitations to discuss this. Why would they want to accept less revenue and more teams?

Reactions: TRU2RU
If we are going to play a non-conference game, we are better off playing a team from Ohio, Florida, or someone on the east coast. There is no recruiting advantage to playing a team from Kansas. I bet we slot in FAU or South Florida as a replacement.

No, by Schiano. Long before Ash. He added them as future opponents after some questioned why he scheduled two low FCS in the same season. PR move.

Later, canceled both. Wasn’t ever going to play OOC against higher level programs.
No. The series was cancelled in 2018. Schiano was not the coach then, Ash was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT