ADVERTISEMENT

Football LIVE THREAD: RFootball @ Northwestern

No Millen, Northwestern can't get to 6. They're one rung maybe 2 up on us from the basement.

I guess Simon sucks too. Or wait, could it have something to do with the offensive line? No wait, it must be Vedral. Vedral sucks.

I know it doesn’t matter, but if you go for it on 4th and 2 there’s no risk in throwing the ball up for grabs versus taking a sack.

Frankly, this is the difference between a coach who played in the big 10 and a coach who played for Bucknell. I have a lot of respect for Fitzgerald and what he's done at Northwestern.

If we had our bye week this week, I wouldn't think much of the last few games. But, this really makes me wonder exactly why we pursued Schiano so aggressively. It seems as though the game has passed him by. Everybody wants it to be 2006 again. That ship has sailed and we have a coach who doesn't know how to use the transfer portal.

Reactions: bac2therac
Welp there goes a game that should have been an easy win and we did everything possible to lose the game until we finally succeeded.

No way we make a bowl game now.

Better luck next year I guess

I am so disappointed.

Reactions: TGonzRU
Nebraska is 3-5 and Frost has been there 4 years. Michigan State is better example because Tucker is in 2nd year.

Is Rutgers future comes down to one man, Wimsatt? How pitiful is this program?
Schiano looks totally lost. He even got a 15-yard penalty. I have never seen this before.

Reactions: 1coastalknight
Totally depressing. Forget this year. play the young guys, bring in this next class and hit the portal.

We were dominated in both trenches. Don’t care what the analysis was, we saw the evidence today and it wasn’t good.
Well coached teams don’t let their players get dominated in the trenches.

Greg and his team was totally outclassed today by Fitzgerald.

Reactions: Caliknight
Sad that they stuffed our O without 8 in the box.
Our O line is not Big Ten quality.

Well coached teams don’t let their players get dominated in the trenches.

Greg and his team was totally outclassed today by Fitzgerald.
He puts too much emphasis on the elementary. The ball is the program is no big time football mentality. I get that it’s our best chance to compete but you don’t win games when your biggest goal is not turning it over and keeping penalties low which we don’t even do anymore.

His mindset in a day and age of big offense is antiquated. He hired a good staff. Put Gleeson on another team and I guarantee they score points. I big concern of Schiano was can he allow coaches to coach. Sure doesn’t seem like it.

That said whoever the OL coach is should be sent home today and told not to return.

I know the OL is bad, but there must be something to be done on offense to put up more than 7 points on NW. Did we throw a quick slant the whole game? A pass to a TE? a 5-7 yard buttonhook? Something other than those sideline passes to nowhere.

No we are stuck now. Better hope he can chop his way out. No one needs to do that more than Schiano now. How long is his contact?
Cali, please stop. He has proven he is a terrific coach and Flood/Ash burned his beautiful house to the ground. I get you don’t like him, but nobody is bashing Brecht and his record .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT