ADVERTISEMENT

Madison WI Recap - GREAT college town. NB could be similar

Nice post but to hope that New Jersey will someday have a similar pride in Rutgers? I would not be overly hopeful. I love this state even with all the warts but maybe 20 years from now? Different mind set … history of winning … considered to be almost a Blue Blood school. We can only hope so.

Agree. It’s a long , multi-decade and multi-generational uphill climb but I think many of the ingredients are there.

Sure there’s lots of things with potential that never get recongnized. But Rutgers being admitted to the Big Ten is the biggest catalyst for change there may ever be. And that change is still brand new. We’ve already seen Rutgers physically and structurally take strides in the last 10 years that it hadn’t made since the 70s in regards to up- profiling the school.

Rutgers has and will continue to improve its physical campus. It’s ranking amongst peers. It’s marketing and athletics.

Then things like traditions are born or more emphasized. Reputation starts drastically improving. Donations increase . Athletic teams then get even better. Then investors pour more money into the campus and surrounding areas. and the flywheel only spins faster from there.

Double edged sword since parental viewpoints comes into play (in NJ ) more than on most campuses of the B1G Where I think we still have issue is Rutgers is seen as being within a large urban city like the Newark campus where I first started . Does BTN ever plan to do a montage on the new builds downtown, the campuses which are actually tree lined sanctuaries, the less brick and mortar places where people can find great food, entertainment and a respite from life’s craziness? I can’t recall having seen anything from BTN other than a 5 minute foodie segment at Stuff Yer Face. Time to let our own state and the B1G see . It’s not an industrial wasteland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT