ADVERTISEMENT

Mag!!

richthedentist

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2001
There were some on this board ones whose opinions I really respect but they were just dead wrong when the said last years tailspin and this years slow start were not due to Mag’s absence but they were 100% due to it.
When he got hurt last year in his last 10 games or so he was the second leading scorer in most of those games first or second in rebounding was clearly our second best defender behind Caleb and to me the biggest thing was he was a one man press!!
Some tried to say Mulcahy slumped and other crap but yesterday only proves what I said and others to the naysayers it WAS THE LOSS OF MAG
Just look at our rebounding this year we have been getting crushed on the boards by the likes of St Peters!! Well we reversed that mightily quickly yesterday
I can’t wait a few more games the road when he and Pikell feel comfortable and unleash him on the press!! Watch out as our guards have been great at creating havoc without someone like him trapping the ball!!

There were some on this board ones whose opinions I really respect but they were just dead wrong when the said last years tailspin and this years slow start were not due to Mag’s absence but they were 100% due to it.
When he got hurt last year in his last 10 games or so he was the second leading scorer in most of those games first or second in rebounding was clearly our second best defender behind Caleb and to me the biggest thing was he was a one man press!!
Some tried to say Mulcahy slumped and other crap but yesterday only proves what I said and others to the naysayers it WAS THE LOSS OF MAG
Just look at our rebounding this year we have been getting crushed on the boards by the likes of St Peters!! Well we reversed that mightily quickly yesterday
I can’t wait a few more games the road when he and Pikell feel comfortable and unleash him on the press!! Watch out as our guards have been great at creating havoc without someone like him trapping the ball!!
So true.
Mag brings a lot to the table.

Reactions: socaldave
Mag is so huge for this team. The embarrassment on the boards immediately ended. His defense is a huge boost. The intangles of hustle toughness energy and grit all matter. Mag does the little things that lead to a victory like making the extra pass. 24 freaking minutes and 8 boards!

His return saves the season from the brink of disaster. Getting that away OOC win was absolutely massive. Wins over only small conference cupcakes and a terrible Georgetown and losing to every team with a pulse in Princeton Wake and SHU would have ended any hope of the tournament

He looked like he was moving really well last night. Was awesome to see. I bet that tough fast break layup he made in traffic and then hit the floor hard was huge for him mentally

Mag is so huge for this team. The embarrassment on the boards immediately ended. His defense is a huge boost. The intangles of hustle toughness energy and grit all matter. Mag does the little things that lead to a victory like making the extra pass. 24 freaking minutes and 8 boards!

His return saves the season from the brink of disaster. Getting that away OOC win was absolutely massive. Wins over only small conference cupcakes and a terrible Georgetown and losing to every team with a pulse in Princeton Wake and SHU would have ended any hope of the tournament
It’s like Jenga. Mag was a huge foundational piece last year, and when he got pulled out, our team crumbled.

experience GIF

It's more than defense and rebounding.

Leading by example

Making the extra pass

2 things that were different in my eyes
1. Cliff was fully engaged
2. Guards were looking to pass more.

Mag's presence had something to do with it

Watch when Cliff gets the ball in the low post. What is Mag doing....timing when to arrive weakside to get the offensive rebound. Other players aren't hunting OREB. They will soon.

what happened last year post his injury was not a coincidence.
combine that with a huge drop in Mag's replacement and a team that was already approaching E based on minutes played with the intensity that quite frankly other programs dont play with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT