ADVERTISEMENT

Mathematician John Nash & wife die on NJ Tpke

how terrible. I met him and his wife once at one of the surgery center's I ran in New Brunswick. She was lovely and he was kind and quiet and had a wallet full of notes he had written for himself to remember things, very much as it was portrayed in the movie A Beautiful Mind

Last edited:
PS- how do I edit the title to correct the misspelled word? When I hit edit, only the body of what I wrote comes up for editing.

There were 3 ejection fatalities on New Jersey roads yesterday.

The loss of any one life in a motor vehicle accident is sad, and tragic for the friends and loved ones of the victims.

The loss of any life in a motor vehicle accident due to unrestrained occupant ejection is preventable and stupid.

Wear your damn seat belts.

Unreal, just read this. So sad, yet so possibly preventable. What a shitty way to go out after such a tremendous life.

I don't think most people wear seat belts in Taxis.

Taxis and School buses seem to be two vehicles where seat belts are ignored.

I wonder why. Doesn't make much sense. In fact a lot of school buses don't have them at all.

I don't think most people wear seat belts in Taxis.

Taxis and School buses seem to be two vehicles where seat belts are ignored.

I wonder why. Doesn't make much sense. In fact a lot of school buses don't have them at all.

Anyone who has taken a ride in a NYC taxi knows you damn well better buckle up. Sometimes it's like being in a Mad Max movie.

Such a shame and so preventable. I always wear my belt. Always. It's just engrained behavior now after so many years. Heck, even if I'm just moving the car in my own driveway. It's just habit now.

The highways all have signs promoting the"click it or ticket" campaign that the State is running this weekend. A real shame that this might have been prevented. I beleive that Bob Simon of CBS news was also not wearing a seatbelt when he was killed in a NYC limo earlier this year.

Was one of the smartest people alive. He was basically the father of most of the modern concepts in Game Theory and was a key contributor to the cryptography that most of our computer security concepts are built on.

As brilliant as this guy was, he likely died because he didn't wear a seatbelt. How ironic

John Nash was perhaps the most impactful mathematician of our time. The "Nash Equilibrium" is a pretty clear and elegant way to describe climate inaction by individual nations.

PS- how do I edit the title to correct the misspelled word? When I hit edit, only the body of what I wrote comes up for editing.
Hover on the 'Thread Tools' that is to the left of the 'Post New Thread' link. One of the options of Thread Tools is edit title. click that and you can edit your title.

Happened in March during a trade show. Four passengers in the cab along with the driver.
Three in the back without the seats on ended up in the hospital while the 4th seating in the front passenger with seat belt on walks away without scars or any pain. One of the passengers in the back sued and was settled recently because the lady t-boned the cab after running a red light.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT