ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s LAX vs St John’s game - Please post scores/comments here! Thanks!!

freshmen goalie pounds was not even going to play this year
(was to redshirt)--and by the way he was first team all state

But we may as well write off the next 3.8 years. [/sarcasm]

So many fair weather drama queens on this board!!!
I don't get this post at all. This is how every single game thread goes in every single sport. People aren't on these boards because they're casual fans. Rather they're die hard fans and as the team plays so go their emotions. The ups and downs are always displayed in these threads as people have a vested interest in the outcome. If people don't like that type of posting stay off a game thread. Then when the contest is complete go to the last page to find the score.

Reactions: nikoru09
What’s up with Army next week. They lost their last six last year. They’re always tough. I assume we’re favored at home
Army is a game you throw the records out. We are favored, but that game is always a battle, often a one or two goal affair. We are favored, but it’s going to be a war.

freshmen goalie pounds was not even going to play this year
(was to redshirt)--and by the way he was first team all state
There are 10 1st team all state goalies in NJ but he was a top five goalie in the state last year

Reactions: gef21
Also, for those who watched the entire game, how did we do with face offs as the game went on?

I know Harryman went down very early, then we lost a bunch of face offs (not all).
I missed the middle of the game, but it seemed we won quite a few in the last 5 minutes or so.

I think we were using multiple guys for a while.
Did we settle on one replacement as the game went on?

Did anyone get a good view of how Harryman got hurt?
Did not get a close view but it happened during a face off, he also came off the field injured last week, he wears a big brace on his knee & that seemed to be the problem both last week & today.

Reactions: RUonBrain
PHEW!!! NICE COMEBACK!!!

Well...we CLOSED OUT and pulled this one off, THANK GOD, but there are MAJOR issues here and it starts with coaching (sorry guys). We’ve seen this far too often (with MANY of our programs):
- come out slow BOTH halves slowly IIRC going down 2-0 in each prior to scoring.

- inability to SQUASH an opponent. Up 8-3 SJU tore off 12 of the next 16 to take a 15-12 lead.

...these are MENTAL issues and, while they happen to everyone - I get it - it’s far too commonplace at RU and starts AT THE TOP. Yes, I understand injuries are playing a role in this, but it’s very clear to see when we went on the role after being down 2 to 0 in the first half, then on the road to end the game, that we are much more talented squad up and down the field. So, no excuses, just straighten the shit out OR we’re going to have major problems the next couple of games.
I will admit that you know a lot about other things but I. This case you are far out of your depth.

Reactions: jayman
I don't get this post at all. This is how every single game thread goes in every single sport. People aren't on these boards because they're casual fans. Rather they're die hard fans and as the team plays so go their emotions. The ups and downs are always displayed in these threads as people have a vested interest in the outcome. If people don't like that type of posting stay off a game thread. Then when the contest is complete go to the last page to find the score.
Like I said bunch of fair weather drama queens & it sounds like many of them hope RU loses so they can whine some more!

Reactions: ru66 and RUonBrain
Army beat UMASS 12-11 today. That will be another test.

I'd sum up today as denying the Baltimore Mafia an excuse in May.

Reactions: biazza38
It shows how little some people know actually. But hey, at least they are watching. Unless they turned the tv off. This team has a lot of talent. Obviously there is a ton to work on, but today was big in many ways. Feels weird to say about a St Johns game but that was a gut check and they answered.

Hope Harryman is not as bad as it seemed.

It’s a game of runs and this game had them! Lucky, we had ours last!

Also, the Johnnies really wanted this win. Glad our Knights fought through the challenge, including losing Harryman, and played all 60 minutes.

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: Caliknight
Some pretty eye popping scores. Uva got woodsheded by Loyola, who is going to be tough for anyone. Spencer is simply incredible. Not sure how we play him.

Penn St put up 27. Hopkins blown out by Towson. With Syracuse losing to an unranked Colgate, we should move squarely into the top 10.

Nuts, this program has nothing to do with any other. It’s a different beast. And our staff is incredible. I promise you.

Sorry but the last 3 years of “inconvenient” losses, and a couple bad ones, have soiked me I guess lol! Also - as clearly listed previously - I see too many of the same mental traits that we see all over our athletic department DESPITE the clear wealth of talent in this program.

Now, THEY PULLED IT OUT, and In the end that’s all that matters but I will be the first to say this: we don’t make the NCAA’s this year and that 4-year extension is going to get really hard to defend. I like Brecht, I support him, but let’s GET IT DONE (with no excuses)!!! [cheers]

19-15.....:chairshot:St Johns wasnt bad:chairshot:
:pray:we need Edelmann back !!:pray:

[banana]I will take it ![banana]

[cheers]drinks are on me [cheers]

Sorry but the last 3 years of “inconvenient” losses, and a couple bad ones, have soiked me I guess lol! Also - as clearly listed previously - I see too many of the same mental traits that we see all over our athletic department DESPITE the clear wealth of talent in this program.

Now, THEY PULLED IT OUT, and In the end that’s all that matters but I will be the first to say this: we don’t make the NCAA’s this year and that 4-year extension is going to get really hard to defend. I like Brecht, I support him, but let’s GET IT DONE (with no excuses)!!! [cheers]

It’s the easiest thing in the world to defend. The people that matter most in this regard are fully behind his extension. It’s incredibly well earned.

Enjoy the ups and downs of the season. This is what sports are all about.

Reactions: TRU2RU and rondi
Like I said bunch of fair weather drama queens & it sounds like many of them hope RU loses so they can whine some more!
I don't agree. When a team that has NCAA aspirations(and we know how difficult that is) is down 12-14 at the under 12 min. mark in the fourth against a team that could wreck their resume(we now how the NCAA loves to hold that against us) it's not drama but worry. Fans are dying for this team to make the NCAA's and in game 2 at that point in time their hopes were being dashed. So of course they're going to vent frustration. This team hasn't been to the NCAA's in 14 yrs., people are putting all their hope in that streak ending this year.

Reactions: rags
I will admit that you know a lot about other things but I. This case you are far out of your depth.

Not at all. Our roster is incredibly talented, I know that, and we have a very talented coach, I know that as well, which is why the mental issues that I see on this team, within this program, which resemble those of a lot of other teams and programs within our athletic department - worry me. If they don’t worry you then, well, MAYBE they should?

I mean it’s not like I’m making anything up about today’s game. [thumb2]

It’s the easiest thing in the world to defend. The people that matter most in this regard are fully behind his extension. It’s incredibly well earned.

Enjoy the ups and downs of the season. This is what sports are all about.

Sounds like you’re already preparing for if/when we don’t make the NCAA’s again brother. Again, I am 100% behind the extension, but just get it done!! If we’re that talented, and he’s that good of a coach, this really shouldn’t be an issue. Yes I know, we got screwed once, maybe twice, but still let’s go! You know me I’ll be cheering on the entire season, even when I get distraught, but get it done!

Sounds like you’re already preparing for if/when we don’t make the NCAA’s again brother. Again, I am 100% behind the extension, but just get it done!! If we’re that talented, and he’s that good of a coach, this really shouldn’t be an issue. Yes I know, we got screwed once, maybe twice, but still let’s go! You know me I’ll be cheering on the entire season, even when I get distraught, but get it done!
One at a time bro. Army is the focus now. That’s it. And this program is very different than a number of our other programs. We expect to win. Even down 3 in the 4th. And they did.

Not going to watch and get upset ... doing errands and will see how bad the damage was ... maybe MBB can beat Illinois ... nah ... I’ll watch that until down by 15 at the half ... on the road ... maybe WBB tomorrow ... nah ... very good player suspended and UMD out for revenge ... waiting for PSU to start winning for RU to finish last in MBB ... and women to officially choke a 3 game conference lead ... and Ash and Nick to be AA but finish 2nd and 4th ... still have about 30 years to see a miracle!!!
Relish these minor miracles when you can!!!

Reactions: rondi
rufamily, I know a shit ton about lacrosse, playing for close to 15 years (80s & 90s). This team got up 9-3 and then put the breaks on for some unknown reason. The offense was stagnant and the defense was horrible, the later could be a problem all year. That being said, the reason i posted my statement was to get the TKR jinks (reverse) working in full effect. Surprisingly, they turned it on right after i posted. So i will take credit for the win. Your welcome...[banana]:boxing::cool2:

Reactions: LC-88 and rondi
The brakes put on for two reasons. We couldn’t get grounballs or make stops.

Get this offfense they ball and they will score. On anyone.

Reactions: rondi
Not at all. Our roster is incredibly talented, I know that, and we have a very talented coach, I know that as well, which is why the mental issues that I see on this team, within this program, which resemble those of a lot of other teams and programs within our athletic department - worry me. If they don’t worry you then, well, MAYBE they should?

I mean it’s not like I’m making anything up about today’s game. [thumb2]
But your not seeing today’s game and that’s the difference. You are thinking about lacrosse 10 years ago

Reactions: TRU2RU and gef21
I don’t care if you poke a voodoo doll or don’t change your underwear....whatever you think works...but, in the end, we get the damn W!

[cheers]

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
rufamily, I know a shit ton about lacrosse, playing for close to 15 years (80s & 90s). This team got up 9-3 and then put the breaks on for some unknown reason. The offense was stagnant and the defense was horrible, the later could be a problem all year. That being said, the reason i posted my statement was to get the TKR jinks (reverse) working in full effect. Surprisingly, they turned it on right after i posted. So i will take credit for the win. Your welcome...[banana]:boxing::cool2:
Just because you played does not mean you know anything. And you actually called for a blow out while I said it would be much closer

It's literally a different game from the 90s.

And that's the counterpoint to the rest of your post. And with a true freshman #3 goalie and the #1 FOGO leaving injured right at the start of the game. Think he could have slowed down the St. John's run?
Yes. Absolutely.

But your not seeing today’s game and that’s the difference. You are thinking about lacrosse 10 years ago

None of this has ANYTHING to do with my commentary. Literally. and I’m well aware the game has changed, BUT It’s okay to be critical, of things others TOO CLOSE may not see, while being supportive [thumb2][cheers]

Hopefully we can get Max back soon. He will instantly make rhe D better. A side from his great ability to stop the ball, he is the QB of the defense. That’s a lot to ask of a freshmen. He also triggers our fast break game. His outlets passes are incredible and the team will score more transition goals than we are seeing now.

We gave up a lot of rebounds today. Many of those, Max is controlling the ball and getting it up field. Fast.

We just beat what is a decent D1 team on their own field with our third string goalie and our number 1 fogo out. Two critical positions. It was a gutsy, team win. I watched the replay. We played a lot of guys. That’s going to helpful later in the season.

Did you just call me an idiot?
Really? How would I know if you’rean Idiot? I just know that the team was very leery of this St. John’s team and they knew this would be a tough game. Playing our freshman 3rd string goalie was never going to be easy.
Maybe a little frustrated that so many people gave up on this team. Once Max comes back and they figure out their third close defense spot they will be ok.

And that's the counterpoint to the rest of your post. And with a true freshman #3 goalie and the #1 FOGO leaving injured right at the start of the game. Think he could have slowed down the St. John's run?

We won because we’re a helluva talented squad; that doesn’t mean we should ignore other things that WILL - and have - biyecus in the ass in the long run. That’s all.

Guys, any and every road win in D1 lacrosse is a good win. St Johns isn’t NJIT. They play in a real conference and have a real team.

We beat them with one hand behind our back today.
Please stop trying to make sense and use logic with some of these people they simply want to be angry over the fact that we won by four goals on the road and scored 19 goals all with a back up goalie and back up face off guy

The brakes put on for two reasons. We couldn’t get grounballs or make stops.

Get this offfense they ball and they will score. On anyone.

Hey Cali, understood but something else looked amiss. We lost the ball a few times and took what I would consider bad angle shots. It's all good. We pulled out the win.

It's literally a different game from the 90s.

Hey gef, yes it is. And its changing again for the better in my opinion. I remember watching that Princeton / Duke game where Princeton sat on the ball for what felt like the last 10 minutes of the game. Is still the most amazing thing I have seen in the sport. But the game trended in a bad direction towards slow play. I am happy there is finally a shot clock to get this back to "the fastest game on two feet" it used to be.

Really? How would I know if you’rean Idiot? I just know that the team was very leery of this St. John’s team and they knew this would be a tough game. Playing our freshman 3rd string goalie was never going to be easy.
Maybe a little frustrated that so many people gave up on this team. Once Max comes back and they figure out their third close defense spot they will be ok.

Hey family, I get what you are saying and I was getting very frustrated watching the game. We are a more talented team than SJU and looked like we were headed towards a blow out, then a loss. But we pulled it out as top teams do / should. I have very high expectations of this years team and today just frustrated me.

Hoping to be at the Loyola game in a couple of weeks so we should have a beer or two before the game.

Now on to another close finish.......lets go RU BB!!

It's a win...you take it and move on...2-0.

24 hours from now it's just a win and thats much better than an upset loss...doesn't mean things are perfect, but it's easier to work through film and discuss issues and fix problems without sustaining a tough loss...

IMO, they're are still lots of moving parts, lots of guys playing which is good for depth, but it's also hard for guys to get into a rythym...that will work itself out as the year progresses and guys get a better feel and consistency is established...still a work in progress.

Film will be tough again this week for many of the guys...but they will keep working

As a side...if you look around the big ten today...the only team that I would say is clicking is PSU...after that, nobody is at the top of their game...yet

Let it play out...

Cheers, enjoy the rest of your weekend lacrosse fans..and for those that were at the game, warm up...I heard from a good source it was very cold and not ideal today

Hey Cali, understood but something else looked amiss. We lost the ball a few times and took what I would consider bad angle shots. It's all good. We pulled out the win.
We shot 19/45 which is 42%. That is an incredibly high shooting percentage. Generally a good number is is 27.5%

We also put 27/45 shots on cage that is 60% on cage. Meaning we scored 19 goals against 8 saves.

We had 8 more ground balls than them and less turnovers.

And even with a rough day for a freshmen goalie he had 15 saves. The only thing I could even got on board with people complaining about is that we gave up 30 shots on goal to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT