ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan/Rutgers 2015 Military Appreciation Game

Innermind

Junior
Sep 18, 2012
The Rutgers at Michigan football game this November 7th (four days prior to Veterans Day) will be designated as the 2015 Military Appreciation Game.

Details at the following link:

http://www.mgoblue.com/tickets/fbl-military.html

As you can see in the article, fans may purchase tickets which will be donated to current and former members of the military.

Follow up comment.

As you can see in the article I linked above, part of the festivities will include a patriotic themed half-time performance by the Michigan Marching Band.

I think it would be a cool idea if Rutgers could bring their Marching Band to this game and organize a joint performance with the Michigan Marching Band.

If any of you folks have connections within the Rutgers Athletic Department and/or Music Department, perhaps you can see if the idea can be kicked around by Rutgers Administration.

Thanks.

I seriously doubt that the RU band has the $$ to go that far...a small pep band is probably all that we can afford...

If everyone remembers this year, Indiana brought their band for Military Appreciation day at RU. It was a great halftime performance with both band performing together.

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
If everyone remembers this year, Indiana brought their band for Military Appreciation day at RU. It was a great halftime performance with both band performing together.

There was also a pregame drum line
and a postgame performance. Both were worth seeing.

Great idea about both marching bands working together, but I doubt it will happen just because of the money issue. It would cost a lot of money to transport the entire marching bands plus all their equipment and also pay to put them up overnight.

Either way though I love that we get Military Appreciation day against Michigan so we will now be able to dedicate our away game VICTORY to the troops!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT