ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan taking PSU to the woodshed

Based on what I saw this week, the only big ten team that I trust to win a game in the tourney is Michigan

PSU and Hop looked terrible and Maryland shouldn’t even make it. They’ve been bad all year.

See how this shakes out but outside UM, I’m not impressed with the big ten teams at this point in May.

Michigan definitely peaking at the right time The speed at which they were moving the ball was really impressive.

B1G will be a four bid league.

Reactions: Steve91562
When it comes to big ten lacrosse, I root for Rutgers and only Rutgers. I guess I’m a little different than you guys. I don’t root for our direct competition to get into the event…that in directly hurts us

PSU got embarrassed last night…run off the field in a championship game…a very bad look for the conference IMO

Kudos to Michigan. 7-7 regular season with only 1 good win v Maryland and they go on a 7 day heater and play their way in the tourney…and got pretty much zero resistance from the conference foes…so either Michigan is final four material or the Big Ten is gonna get destroyed next weekend

When it comes to big ten lacrosse, I root for Rutgers and only Rutgers. I guess I’m a little different than you guys. I don’t root for our direct competition to get into the event…that in directly hurts us

PSU got embarrassed last night…run off the field in a championship game…a very bad look for the conference IMO

Kudos to Michigan. 7-7 regular season with only 1 good win v Maryland and they go on a 7 day heater and play their way in the tourney…and got pretty much zero resistance from the conference foes…so either Michigan is final four material or the Big Ten is gonna get destroyed next weekend

If Michigan plays like they did last night they ARE Final Four material. Their ball movement on O was excellent, dominated faceoffs and played solid D. Question is was that a 1 off unlikely to be repeated.

What will be interesting is the tourney seedings. Did the results of this week and last cost the league more challenging first games (possibly on the road) and 1 spot. TBD after today's games

And our only B1G win. Tells you how small the margins are at this level.

Gotta give them credit. They are playing their best at the end of the year. Something we’ve typically done in the past.

It's getting increasingly tougher to make this tournament. I wasn't as onboard with the staff's opinion that the B1G season matters so much that the OOC season is almost irrelevant but I'm starting to believe that.

Quint is so petty. When talking about Sean Cameron (who is a player) "his brother played at Carolina" lol

His hatred runs deep. He should get in a ring with Brian.

Reactions: Wagram97
Happy for the Hawks. My second alma mater and we have a grand daughter finishing her junior year there. No intrest in lacrosse. Heavy into club frisbee. Oh well.

At least I have a team to root for in the tournament this year.

Reactions: Caliknight
Princeton is going to be very, very good for the foreseeable future

It's getting increasingly tougher to make this tournament. I wasn't as onboard with the staff's opinion that the B1G season matters so much that the OOC season is almost irrelevant but I'm starting to believe that.

Quint is so petty. When talking about Sean Cameron (who is a player) "his brother played at Carolina" lol

Quint just sucks. Especially his attitude about talking about the same teams over and over again. That's not why lacrosse is growing and bringing in fans like me - I don't want to keep seeing the same 4 or 5 teams in the media all the time. Like the growth, heck, I can get on a conference call and there's just as much a chance of talking about college lacrosse as college basketball and football these days. Just the other day, all of a sudden four us on a call started talking about lacrosse (one guy mentioned club lacrosse for his kid, then all of a sudden we're all talking about it).

Quint can go back to the 80's and talk on and on about Syracuse, Duke, Hopkins, and ND. Rest of us will enjoy the growth of the sport.

did something happen between Quint and Brian/Rutgers? He goes out of his way to take subtle shots

Reactions: Caliknight
I actually couldn't believe my ears though during the Princeton-Penn game when Quint and Carc both agreed that next year the Ivy League is going to be the best conference in the country

did something happen between Quint and Brian/Rutgers? He goes out of his way to take subtle shots
There is definitely no love lost. I don’t want to get into too many specifics mostly because I don’t know a lot but it started when Brian first took over. Maybe his first or second year. We went to South Bend and lost a game that was much closer than the score indicated. I believe it was tied or a one goal game deep in the fourth. Whatever it was Quint was really dismissive in his write up and as a young coach looking to gain traction Brian wasn’t going to not fight for every inch his program earned. I know there is more but he’s very disliked in the program because of it.

He’s actually very disliked throughout most of college lacrosse unless you are one of his pet schools. Lacrosse will be better when he’s pushed aside. He and the other ESPN Acc shills aren’t doing lacrosse any favors. It’s being noticed at the highest levels of the game.

They are playing their best at the end of the year. Something we’ve typically done in the past.

I am curious on your thoughts here. Outside of 2016 when we closed the season pretty well but still couldn't beat Maryland in the BIG championship game it doesn't feel like we are peaking towards the end of the season. If this was the case I think we would have won a BIG championship by now.

There is definitely no love lost. I don’t want to get into too many specifics mostly because I don’t know a lot but it started when Brian first took over. Maybe his first or second year. We went to South Bend and lost a game that was much closer than the score indicated. I believe it was tied or a one goal game deep in the fourth. Whatever it was Quint was really dismissive in his write up and as a young coach looking to gain traction Brian wasn’t going to not fight for every inch his program earned. I know there is more but he’s very disliked in the program because of it.

He’s actually very disliked throughout most of college lacrosse unless you are one of his pet schools. Lacrosse will be better when he’s pushed aside. He and the other ESPN Acc shills aren’t doing lacrosse any favors. It’s being noticed at the highest levels of the game.
The growth in this sport is amazing. Just wait until more D1 programs located outside the tradition strongholds -- the west really needs to get its' act together. it's coming.

The growth in this sport is amazing. Just wait until more D1 programs located outside the tradition strongholds -- the west really needs to get its' act together. it's coming.

Title IX and finances are the big holdback. A lot of big football schools out of traditional lacrosse strongholds have club teams that play decent lacrosse (they'd be solid D3 competitors) while the women's lax teams are NCAA to help Title IX compliance.

Title IX and finances are the big holdback. A lot of big football schools out of traditional lacrosse strongholds have club teams that play decent lacrosse (they'd be solid D3 competitors) while the women's lax teams are NCAA to help Title IX compliance.
Yep, it is almost entirely T9 driven. The presence of the MCLA doesn’t help because many schools treat their club lax program almost as if it were varsity, at least from a marketing standpoint. They get a lot of the benefits of fielding a MLAX program without officially having one which makes figuring out how to navigate T9 less of a priority.

Didn't know that. Interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT