ADVERTISEMENT

More than a good shot to win.

SBP

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
Some here and in the media act like we haven't played Top 25 teams this year.
BIG 10 life has prepared this team to be tough and they will impress.
Now...if we can't stop "Air Wake", then it's going to be a tough afternoon!
But in Max we trust, and with Schiano running the Defense, we will be OK
Offensively, POUND THE ROCK!! We've shown we can move it, and Wake sucks against the run.
Keep their Offense off the field. Ground control, Coach knows this.

I like our chances. Nothing to lose. Underdawg mentality.
A lot hinges on if declared Seniors can get waivers. Coach thinks its probable.

Will be a fun and very interesting afternoon!

RU wins a nailbiter...

Last edited:
Now...if we can't stop "Air Wake", then it's going to be tough
Offensively, POUND THE ROCK!! We've shown we can move it, and Wake sucks against the run.

Al ot hinges on if declared Seniors can get waivers. Coach thinks its probable.

RU wins a nailbiter...
Ok Al Jr.

Tough game.

Wake has a good QB in Sam Hartman and he puts up 43 points per game on average.

Interesting match up.

If we lost to Wake, I guess Rutgers would be playing Pitt.

Hail to Pitt !!!!!

Reactions: beaced and ruronny
Not a great matchup for us honestly. Sort of like a better version of Maryland. But hey, we're rested and anything can happen. It's worth the risk.

Reactions: Steve91562
Ok Al Jr.

Al is delusional

In contrast, I don’t think it’s delusional to think that we can make a game of it.

now chances are that we will be blown out but I wouldn’t be totally stunned if we give them a game

Reactions: SBP
Let’s say Wake gets 14 possessions…
Schiano tells the squad this is what he expects for a competitive game at least.

5 TD’s - mostly due to long pass plays and the efficient red zone offense Wake has…utilizing tall receivers and QB runs for TD’s.

2 INT’s - Hartman has been throwing picks in recent games (one very costly one late vs UNC shouldn’t have been an INT because UNC was actually offsides but not flagged so Rutgers should stay out the neutral zone because UNC got lucky).

1 Fumble recovery - Could be a sack/fumble or a strip of a runner.

4 punts - roughly Wake’s average if you round up from 3 3/4 per game.

That leaves two possessions…which could leave Wake with 49 points and an almost sure victory…or alternatively two more turnovers or at least punts for Wake.

Wake gives up 200 yards rushing per game. Get a few turnovers and thus more possessions and Rutgers could realistically find themselves at 250 yards rushing.

This is certainly a chop game on paper as UNC found themselves way behind Wake because of big plays but came back for the win.

Last edited:
No, this will only be fun if we win. Watching us lose is never fun. It's all only about winning.

That being said, expectations are as low as can be, so better that we play and lose than not play at all.

MBB pulled off an enormous upset, so, yes, anything is possible.

RU wins a nailbiter...
I hope that your voice carries far.And that HE does not have his ear buds in at this time.

No matter what I try to look on the positive side when Rutgers is playing.
I feel there always is a chance for victory, no matter how slim that chance might be.
I also feel the culture surrounding the program needs to be changed from thinking about
Rutgers probably losing in games like this .
That needs to be changed into Rutgers is not the loser anymore, it can compete and win any and every game it plays.
Time for Rutgers fans to start thinking positive, not giving up before the game even starts.

Other program's fans have superiority complexes, acting like they are better than everybody else.
Too many Rutgers fans whine : "we're going to be screwed again" and expect loses
and I.m not talking about Mr and /or Mrs Screw ( they have can do attitudes)

By game time I expect a good portion of this board will be predicting Rutgers wins by 3 touchdowns. I love how one post builds on another in these threads until it gets to a peak of absurdity and then the inevitable sky is falling posts after we lose. It can be very entertaining.

Winning is a long shot given the inability of the offense to score more than 2 TDs in a game against any P5 competition. You don't win many games with 13 or 17 points and our team didn't. But anything can happen. Maybe Wake Forest will sleepwalk into the game like Michigan did.

By game time I expect a good portion of this board will be predicting Rutgers wins by 3 touchdowns. I love how one post builds on another in these threads until it gets to a peak of absurdity and then the inevitable sky is falling posts after we lose. It can be very entertaining.
You forgot about the impending upset alert thread.

Al is delusional

In contrast, I don’t think it’s delusional to think that we can make a game of it.

now chances are that we will be blown out but I wouldn’t be totally stunned if we give them a game
Pretty much my point. OP gave basically a one sided outcome. Many things will have to break in our favor for a victory. "More" than a good shot to win?? Is OP going to put an upset alert on this game?

Pretty much my point. OP gave basically a one sided outcome. Many things will have to break in our favor for a victory. "More" than a good shot to win?? Is OP going to put an upset alert on this game?

agree that the use of the word “‘more” is off. Truth is we have “less than a good shot to win”

bit by citing Al (who I view as a delusional useless nut job who adds nothing to this board) your post implied, at least to me, that the thought of us winning was delusional. Thx for the clarification

I heard a rumor that we put a couple weeks of practice in after the MD game, and the team had only dispersed fairly recently.

Reactions: scottsdaleal

RU wins a nailbiter...
Congrats Rutgers! Kick some butt.

I heard a rumor that we put a couple weeks of practice in after the MD game, and the team had only dispersed fairly recently.
Against NCAA rules to practice after your last game of the season

Perhaps “more” is a bit much, but I said IF WE CAN KEEP THEIR AIR ATTACK under control we have a good chance if we can control the TOP. I’ll stand by that. If not, as mentioned, it could be a long afternoon.

RU wins a nailbiter...
With Pacheco and Kyle potentially out it may be tough to find some one to pound the rock

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Ha, love that we get some time in via a technicality.

If we get a good week in this week, I don't see the lack of practice as an issue.
The practice this week won't come close the the value of a normal bowl lead up. Night and day different. And what technically are you speaking of??

With Pacheco and Kyle potentially out it may be tough to find some one to pound the rock
Wright-Collins is a big kid at 215 lbs and Aaron Young is a ‘do everything’ back. Mix in some QB runs and Rutgers should be able to matriculate the ball down the field against Wake…

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Aaron Young is a tough and effective runner.

Wright Collins is a bigger, tough runner.

Last edited:

RU wins a nailbiter...
Good shot? Half court shots are Not considered Good Shots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT