ADVERTISEMENT

MSU Game Thread

Originally posted by RU MAN:
RUCONN, give it a rest. They have played like CRAP! M. State's team is CRAP! And what we've witnessed today with our women is CRAP! So please, get over your sanctimony. If you're a realist then show it instead of, "Oh well. It's okay. We lost to a team that was better than this...Blah, blah, blah." This is NCAA BB not Tiny Tike BB where everyone gets a ribbon.
OMG im not saying it's ok. I alreadystated I am angry at the effort. But if you thought we were just going to waltz into msu on senior day and win going away you were dead wrong. its one FKin game we have 3 left and the tourney. id love to see you say to these players' face at msu and ru that they are crap...Internet muscles.

Originally posted by MC1974:

Look at Stringer with 3:41 to go. Just shaking her head in disbelief. I hope she makes them run wind sprints after the game or something for punishment. This is not on the coaching staff today. This is on the players.
No, I think Stringer must share in the blame, because:

Put the press on way too late.

I didn't see any actual plays or purpose on our possessions.

And now Rachel is carried off in a game that's already decided.

This game will do wonders for Scaife's confidence. I think Shrita needs to start the next two games...Tyler's head is messed up.

Get her out of the game NOW
MC, I will definitely agree with you on the one point regarding Stringer. I think you're right. She waited too long to put the press on. And I think if we had put the press one earlier, it may have been a way to get our women out of their funk, so they didn't have to think about make 15-17 foot jumpers against a zone D.

Well - that's that. I know we are a bad 3Pt team but down 9 with a minute left, you have to try it.

This is a game we woulda/could/shoulda won. Waited too long to press and the shooting was frigid. Move on, regroup, and come out strong at Northwestern.

The women are a 20 win team. this team had a bady day. THE MEN's team that you trolls drool over is A CRAP TEAM

i can't believe the amount of trolls over here today.

big FU to you all and don't come back. Truly sickening how you can't support ALL RU and you're just a bunch of bigots

Originally posted by gigantor1024:
The women are a 20 win team. this team had a bady day. THE MEN's team that you trolls drool over is A CRAP TEAM

big FU to you all and don't come back. Truly sickening how you can't support ALL RU and you're just a bunch of bigots
This.

HATE the effort today. the that the shots didn't fall but calling people crap is ridiculous. shouldn't hate on the men's team either. good kids, just not good enough players

Originally posted by RUCONN:
RUCONN, give it a rest. They have played like CRAP! M. State's team is CRAP! And what we've witnessed today with our women is CRAP! So please, get over your sanctimony. If you're a realist then show it instead of, "Oh well. It's okay. We lost to a team that was better than this...Blah, blah, blah." This is NCAA BB not Tiny Tike BB where everyone gets a ribbon.
OMG im not saying it's ok. I alreadystated I am angry at the effort. But if you thought we were just going to waltz into msu on senior day and win going away you were dead wrong. its one FKin game we have 3 left and the tourney. id love to see you say to these players' face at msu and ru that they are crap...Internet muscles.
See the prediction thread RUCONN. I predicted we would win in a squeaker. I played and coached the game for many years. I understand the ebbs and flows of the season, and things like SENIOR DAYS. I knew this would be a fight. But to come out and not show up the way they did and play so tight this late in the season, was disgraceful.

Geez, these games happen to every team. Look at Duke and Oh St today. Anyone saying this team is crap is going wat overboard. We still have 20 wins, we are still in 3rd place in the Big Ten (I believe), and we still control our own destiny for 3rd. I am more worried about Hollivay than anything else. Players are not Madden figures or robots. They have good days and bad days. We've had two bad games now this season, this and OSU. Since we are now 20-7, and 11-5 in the conference, I am not going to overreact.

Hey Clown, get back on your clown car and ride into the sunset. The ONLY troll around here is you! Obviously you haven't been on these boards long enough to know the regulars like myself who have been posting here for years. I don't know you except for your idiotic posts like this gem.

See the prediction thread RUCONN. I predicted we would win in a squeaker. I played and coached the game for many years. I understand the ebbs and flows of the season, and things like SENIOR DAYS. I knew this would be a fight. But to come out and not show up the way they did and play so tight this late in the season, was disgraceful.
I coached too. and if you are a coach im even more shocked by your reaction. u call your kids names and get results?

I coached too. and if you are a coach im even more shocked by your reaction. u call your kids names and get results?
I didn't know I was out on the floor with these women. Your argument is so pathetically weak. This is a message board where we can offer up our opinions. If you don't like some of them, then don't respond. YOUR opinion is NOT the only one here. And I can assure you that I was very successful when I coached. And no, I didn't call my kids names, so stop assuming.

This team will go nowhere until they get some shooters. They win on their superior athletic talent. Throw up a zone like every team we play and when we can't shoot, bingo, a ten point loss. Sorry but true.

I hope you don't count me among the trolls but I did say some unsupportive comments today, because I have seen this year after year as we get down the stretch and put up a bomb. I don't get how we can miss so many easy shots in one game against a so-so defensive team. We kept oursekves out of the NCAA's by losing to USF on our home cort last year.

If I don't rant I will go crazy. This sin't the first time this season that we laid an egg against an inferior opponent, it's just that we were able to pull those games out.

We will probably drop out of the top twenty five, and rightly so, Look for the team of underclassmen Ohio State, to replace us.....there and in the BIG standings.

This team always seems to take the path of most resistance.

We couldn't shoot and had NO inside game whatsoever.

That's it, no more posts for me today. Well, maybe a few more.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by wngarbarini:
This team will go nowhere until they get some shooters. They win on their superior athletic talent. Throw up a zone like every team we play and when we can't shoot, bingo, a ten point loss. Sorry but true.
The women supposedly have one 3 point shooter in Cynthia Hernandez. But Stringer has always stressed defense and if you don't play good defense you don't play. Or as we have learned over the season, Hernandez has back issues. I don't know how she is doing now, but she was in there for a few minutes, but was immediately taken out earlier in the game. If she was okay to play, there was no reason to not play her when we were trying to come back with six minutes left in the game.

GIgantor - when you calm down, I suggest you edit your post.

I know the women's team is having a good season. Scaife is very talented. Today she stunk it up on offense. Maybe she's sick, maybe there's a nagging injury nobody knows about, maybe it was just one of those days. Everyone has a bad shooting performance every once in a while. Let's hope Hollivay isn't injured and the team turns it around at Northwestern.

Originally posted by MC1974:

I hope you don't count me among the trolls but I did say some unsupportive comments today, because I have seen this year after year as we get down the stretch and put up a bomb. I don't get how we can miss so many easy shots in one game against a so-so defensive team. We kept oursekves out of the NCAA's by losing to USF on our home cort last year.

If I don't rant I will go crazy. This sin't the first time this season that we laid an egg against an inferior opponent, it's just that we were able to pull those games out.

We will probably drop out of the top twenty five, and rightly so, Look for the team of underclassmen Ohio State, to replace us.....there and in the BIG standings.

This team always seems to take the path of most resistance.

We couldn't shoot and had NO inside game whatsoever.

That's it, no more posts for me today. Well, maybe a few more.
wink.r191677.gif
MC I thought your posts were spot on today. Why are you apologizing to this idiot. You don't have to defend yourself. Who the hell is this clown? He or she is the troll here calling people out like he/she is the board police because everyone is not going along with the "let's all win a ribbon together crowd."

The loss has huge seeding implications...for one...Ohio State has the edge for the Third seed which puts Rutgers in the 4th spot and having to play Maryland in the semis...the nationally rutgers pretty much lost their shot at a 4 seed hosting and now falling into the 5-7 range...a loss to NW could put them down to 8 and a date with a one seed

Furthermore the loss of Hollivay could spell disaster for any ncaa success plus Scaife is in a huge slump

Listen..the only reason people are freaking out because we believe this team is capable of a deep ncaa run..today did not have to happen

Originally posted by bac2therac:
The loss has huge seeding implications...for one...Ohio State has the edge for the Third seed which puts Rutgers in the 4th spot and having to play Maryland in the semis...the nationally rutgers pretty much lost their shot at a 4 seed hosting and now falling into the 5-7 range...a loss to NW could put them down to 8 and a date with a one seed

Furthermore the loss of Hollivay could spell disaster for any ncaa success plus Scaife is in a huge slump
This has been my whole premise on this thread for being so ticked at this team. This loss was huge. We are now tied with O State and BAC as you stated, "there goes an outside chance for a 4th seed in the NCAA's."

My only gripe with CVS today was not using 1 of her 4 TO's with about 10mins left and letting a 4-6 pt game go to double digits. I think she ended with 3 left.

I also agree that they needed to create more tempo with an earlier press but the way the shooting was today it really just wasn't their day. Ref's got pretty tight there at the end on Rutgers as well.

Oh well.

+1

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

Why do we have so many visitors after a loss.

You sit and wait, ready to pounce, after a loss by the women's team. You want them to fail. You are like a bunch of blood suckers ready to feast. . There is nothing wrong with this team. If the shots aren't falling nothing can be done about that. .The defense was excellent.

We are a proud 20 win team, and have not lost since January. We had a bad game not the end of the world, no reason to try and pick this team apart. SO STOP DOGGING THIS TEAM.

GO BACK TO THE MENS BB BOARD AND CHEER FOR YOUR LOSER, I DONT HAVE A CLUE, COACH AND THAT CRAPPY TEAM.

Originally posted by redshoes:

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

Why do we have so many visitors after a loss.

You sit and wait, ready to pounce, after a loss by the women's team. You want them to fail. You are like a bunch of blood suckers ready to feast. . There is nothing wrong with this team. If the shots aren't falling nothing can be done about that. .The defense was excellent.

We are a proud 20 win team, and have not lost since January. We had a bad game not the end of the world, no reason to try and pick this team apart. SO STOP DOGGING THIS TEAM.

GO BACK TO THE MENS BB BOARD AND CHEER FOR YOUR LOSER, I DONT HAVE A CLUE, COACH AND THAT CRAPPY TEAM.
Let them come and blast, bash , bitch or whatever they feel like doing after this loss.
I'm pissed that the team lost today, but happy that of all the main RU Athletic programs, WBB is still the one everyone
expects to win all the games it plays.
Maybe UConn might be an exception to that, but the expectations of the RU WBB team playing them competitively
and not get blown out will be there.
FB is startting to be expected to compete as an equal with the top teams and win against the rest
MBB is expected to lose to them and its fans hope that RU won't get blown out.
But also RU MBB fans worry that the lesser programs will win and hope of a good RU MBB team is talked about in terms of the distant future.
WBB on the other had is expected to win against lesser opponents and when they don't the bashers should be expected to have a field day complaining about the loss..
That's the price of being a fan of a good team , you have to accept the criticism when the team loses and not hearing a peep from some that bash after a loss when the team wins.

No matter what: Im proud of the team this season , but hope it plays a lot better against Northwestern and Indiana , than it
did today .
Also want the Women's team to play spectacular in the B1G tourney proving they are one of the B1G's best.

redshoes posted on 2/22/2015...

Wow, what a class act you are.....

Originally posted by cyrock3:
redshoes' post is accurate.
Maybe I'm out of line posting this but it is how I feel:
You say " post is accurate."
I think it is: except for bashing RU MBB and it's HC to make a point.
Jordan inherited a mess and the players who stayed after being given a chance to leave, should be praised ,not inmsulted.
RU MBB has disappointed RU MBB fans for many years, but that doesn't make it right to bash RU MBB because the RU MBB program was bashed.
Have something to say about RU MBB or RU FB that makes you feel they aren't preforming up to expectations,they have their own boards that you can discuss your thoughts

Go after the posters that cause trouble, not other Rutgers sports just because negative nellies and debbie downers piss you off.
When you bash another RU program, just to put them down, you become one of debbies & nellies .

One thing I have noticed on these Rutgers message boards is that there is a segment of the fan base that will not accept criticism of the team after a poor performance.I just came back from the mens basketball game where they had another abysmal performance.I'm sure there will be some fans saying Rutgers has talent and things will be better next season.,which is utter nonsense.
As to the womens game it clearly was the worse performance of the season.As I have said time and again this team will be in trouble when their three main scorers are not hitting their shots.The center and point guard positions are mostly non producers offensively and the bench gets limited minutes.The worse part of this loss is that Michigan State stinks and had a limited squad because of injuries.You simply can't lose to inferior opponents when seeding is on the line for the league tournament and the NCAA Tournament.
This post was edited on 2/22 8:56 PM by RU-JMM78

I'm not a visitor & I love this team. But you can't not show up for a game as important as this coming down the stretch. I put a good deal of that on the coach. I know, sometimes a team is mentally not ready to play. That's where the coach comes in. She or he has to get their attention. Get them out of the funk. Get their heads screwed on straight. Get them to come out with their hair on fire. Usually this lethargy & nonchalance can be seen in the lead up to the game. Not easy to counter, but it can & has to be done. That's where the coach comes in.

The team has had an excellent season, just do not like that the point guards don't shoot well. Davis missed foul shots vs. NC when we could have put game away.

I didn't know I was out on the floor with these women. Your argument is so pathetically weak. This is a message board where we can offer up our opinions. If you don't like some of them, then don't respond. YOUR opinion is NOT the only one here. And I can assure you that I was very successful when I coached. And no, I didn't call my kids names, so stop assuming.
didn't say you were but gave me a window into your thought process. you assumed first. your argument isn't even an argument its callig people trash and crap.

Who wants the women's team to lose? I want Rutgers athletics to be successful in every sport, and I would expect any Rutgers fan to feel the same way. Defending the women's program by criticizing the men's program (which is obviously in terrible shape right now)? What message does that send?

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I don't often post on this thread because I don't usually have time to post while watching the women's team play. Another reason I don't tend to post often here: sometimes it comes across as no criticism of the players or coaching is tolerated by some of the frequent posters on this board. The line above about there being nothing wrong with this team? No, there is something wrong (i.e. that could be improved or better) on every team in every sport.

I still think we have a real chance to win the B1G women's tournament. I also hope for an appearance in the Sweet 16. Today made it harder to achieve those goals.

Home game, sell out, senior night and a 30 point nailbiter to cap off the weekend. Did any RU team win this weekend?

What disappointed me most about this game was how badly we got outhustled under the boards. Missing shots can happen but being outplayed, there's no excuse.

Originally posted by RUtrumpet92:
Who wants the women's team to lose? I want Rutgers athletics to be successful in every sport, and I would expect any Rutgers fan to feel the same way. Defending the women's program by criticizing the men's program (which is obviously in terrible shape right now)? What message does that send?

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I don't often post on this thread because I don't usually have time to post while watching the women's team play. Another reason I don't tend to post often here: sometimes it comes across as no criticism of the players or coaching is tolerated by some of the frequent posters on this board. The line above about there being nothing wrong with this team? No, there is something wrong (i.e. that could be improved or better) on every team in every sport.

I still think we have a real chance to win the B1G women's tournament. I also hope for an appearance in the Sweet 16. Today made it harder to achieve those goals.
Agree 100% with your first and last paragraph.

As to the middle - I have never felt that "no" criticism of the players and coaching is tolerated. Certainly, today, the players did not play well - call it "did not show up" or "having a bad shooting day" or whatever you want, but most of the Rutgers players were not "on" today. I don't think anyone will disagree; but that is a far cry from insulting them. They certainly didn't want to lose or look bad on national TV. No, it isn't OK, but what exactly do folks want done about it - the players fired?

The problem with criticizing Vivian is two-fold - a lot of the criticisms are probably accurate enough, but how many times do they need to be repeated (especially since they are inherent in how she coaches - she isn't changing) and, more importantly - it begins to sound like folks are just complaining in the hope she won't be the coach anymore. Without suggesting how things are going to be guaranteed to be better.

Yes, this was a "bad" loss, with potential serious impact to our B1G tourney and NCAA experiences. It stinks. It shouldn't have happened. It did. It was a bad day at the worst time. Onward to the next games.

Posted by Doug
This post was edited on 2/23 12:27 AM by Knight Time Fan

Originally posted by knight82:
What disappointed me most about this game was how badly we got outhustled under the boards. Missing shots can happen but being outplayed, there's no excuse.
This is the only thing I am angry about. Missed shots happen but getting outhustled shouldn't. it's a bad loss, it's inexcusable but to start moaning about seeding implications and talking about how MSU sucks and RU sucks and how they should run wind sprints etc etc is just stupid and annoying nonsense

how can you say seeding implications were not effected...Big 10 wise it put us in a bad position where we don't control our own destiny for the bye.

also any shot at hosting the opening rounds is now gone..as we now are probably in the 6-7 range where before we were a solid 5 creeping on on a 4

how can you say seeding implications were not effected...Big 10 wise it put us in a bad position where we don't control our own destiny for the bye.

also any shot at hosting the opening rounds is now gone..as we now are probably in the 6-7 range where before we were a solid 5 creeping on on a 4
I didn't say they weren't. they probably were but there is time to turn that around. we have 2 conference games left and the Big Ten tourney. if we can get to the final we would be back in good shape
This post was edited on 2/23 11:25 AM by RUCONN

I didn't say they weren't. they probably were but there is time to turn that around. we have 2 conference games left and the Big Ten tourney. if we can get to the final we would be back in good shape

This post was edited on 2/23 11:25 AM by RUCONN
That's what I am hoping for. Got that out of the way and now onto another run of wins. If you're gonna lay an egg.... It is behind us so onto bigger things
fighting0030.r191677.gif

Games like this are hard to digest and I really thought we were on a win streak that would last right into the BIG finals and maybe beyond that. This is the best team we have fielded, in my opinion, since the 2007 championship game. Personally, I have high expectations. This, I believe, was the root of the complaints of the regular board posters.

Many ranked teams have had very close calls this weekend and throughout the season, some they lost and most they pulled out. This is a tough league we are in, and last week many of us said that this and the NW game could be trouble.

The two teams that look to be the hottest and most dangerous are the two in this league that I don't like.....any other team can have my blessing.

Back to yesterday: I am still flabbergasted on how the teams top three shooters, who have been shooting very well, all went cold in one game. It's freaky, especially Tyler, who looked like she couldn't miss last season but had some tough stretches this year. The others? Was it the lights, the depth perception in an unfamiliar arena? It was crazy.

Rachel was playing much better of late, doing a good job of staying in the game. I really hope she is OK, because she is a good kid, plus we need her. Get well soon!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT