ADVERTISEMENT

MSU romps in Game 1

Outplayed, outhustled today. Botched bunt play and dropped fly ball in first inning - gift runs to start the game. Missed cut off throws turning what should be first-and-third situations into second-and-third situations. Michigan State batter hustling a single into a double when Rutgers outfielder is slow fielding and returning ball to infield. Michigan State has batters with real pop. No sign of Kirk Gibson in the stands. Son Cam is a pretty good player for Michigan State. BTW, what's with the Michigan State catcher lobbing bloop throws when returning pitches to the pitcher? Kept waiting to see a delayed steal from Rutgers.
This post was edited on 4/17 7:45 PM by Mr_Twister

Another bad game by Rutgers. Kirk Gibson was there with his wife in left field stands. Talked with him the last 3 innings of the game. Was a very nice guy and we talked about a bunch of different subjects.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Kirk Gibson was always a nice guy. His grandmother lived in Sarasota, Florida two houses from my wife's grandmother and the two grandmothers were very close friends. My wife's grandmother got kirk's grandmother to sign a baseball card for our son who was a very young boy at the time. Kirk didn't visit that often but he came by probably at least once a year. The next time we visited my wife's grandmother had the card for our son. She said he was so happy to do it. We always heard great stories from Kirk's grandmother about Kirk. She was so proud of him.

Lost game 2. This time we had a short lived lead but still got smacked. The brooms await.

Kirk Gibson was always a nice guy. His grandmother lived in Sarasota, Florida two houses from my wife's grandmother and the two grandmothers were very close friends. My wife's grandmother got kirk's grandmother to sign a baseball card for our son who was a very young boy at the time. Kirk didn't visit that often but he came by probably at least once a year. The next time we visited my wife's grandmother had the card for our son. She said he was so happy to do it. We always heard great stories from Kirk's grandmother about Kirk. She was so proud of him.
Sadly news reports that Kirk is battling Parkinson's disease.

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/sports-mlb/20150428/Kirk.Gibson-Parkinson_s/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT