ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on this game

RuBird

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
1. Much like a Tuesday lunch go go dancer it was not pretty but it got the job done.

2. My heart skipped a beat when Kyle went down. I love Brown and Benjamin but this offense is just at a different level when Kyle is churning up those extra yards.

3. Sure Gavin sailed throws ( and yes he had receivers drop a few) Bottom line he account for over 180 yards, 3 TDs and protected the ball. QBs don’t win the Heisman throwing for 39 yards. That said he has led us to six wins.

4. Greg is patient to a fault at times. That said you could see he was setting up Indiana for Gavin to keep that handoff and he did. A thing of beauty.

5. We beat a team at their Homecoming, last week we beat a team coming off a bye. May not seem like much but did not happen around here that often.

6. When looking at the recruiting rankings article this week IU vs Rutgers It looked like on paper IU should have the advantage. Greg and staff have done a tremendous job with so many 2 and low 3 star recruits. He and his staff deserve so much credit.

7. I had to break the bad news to my wife and daughter who already complain we leave too early to get to the games……..I am thinking you may see us on the Black lot pretty soon for the OSU game😎

8. No passing game, missed many opportunities to sack their QB we needed something today. Can we get an extension for our special teams coach? ( yes tongue in check). Two weeks in a row they came up big.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News