ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska’s 72% shooting from inside the three point stripe.

zappaa

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Montclair NJ
Think about our runs to the basket even on fast breaks, we run into a sea of bodies, legs and arms that leads to contorted, stuffed attempts and desperate bounce passes with no where to go.
In contrast We didn’t draw a single charge and at least a dozen uncontested lay ups by Nebraska.
It’s so opposite of what’s been our identity going on 4 years now

Was pointing this out throughout the entire game …. And thsr number has a f couple of block shots in it

Was pointing this out throughout the entire game …. And thsr number has a f couple of block shots in it
Even the blocks were last ditch swats by Cliff, no real traffic on their way to the basket.
We try go to the hoop it looks like a ball carrier facing penetration by the D line and no where to go

I only caught the end but cliff didn’t move his feet just tried to block after he got beat. Assume it was like that all night

Reactions: zebnatto
This was the story of the game. I kept mentioning it during the game. We probably could’ve survived bad 2 or bad 3 defense but we gave them both.

Even the blocks were last ditch swats by Cliff, no real traffic on their way to the basket.
We try go to the hoop it looks like a ball carrier facing penetration by the D line and no where to go

It’s part of the reason I want to see more Derek

He can get all the way to the rim …and forxe others to decide to help and that leads to potential open looks ….

Reactions: Scangg
It’s part of the reason I want to see more Derek

He can get all the way to the rim …and forxe others to decide to help and that leads to potential open looks ….
Simpson has been rounding back into form and he brings something we desperately need on this team... speed and quickness at the guard spot, the ability to get to the rim, the ability to create his own shot

It's basically mandatory to get something from him at this point though. We have nothing else from the bench right now

Reactions: Knightmoves
Cliff had 5 blocks so how many 2 point shots did they actually "miss"?

Like 3? 🤣🤮
Not sure how blocks are counted but they were 20 for 27, so if blocks are counted, they missed 2 other shots. At halftime they were 11 for 12. Can’t say they don’t know how to shoot layups.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT