ADVERTISEMENT

New Brunswick Amber alert

yeah - got that on my phone, but mine said knifepoint.....crazy world.

I thought mine said 9 month old...definitely knife point (what it said...not saying thats what happened)

either way...hope they catch the mofo....

Wow, this guy broke into my house a few years ago on Woodbridge St. and I pinned him in the window and he got arrested. His court hearing kept being postponed for over a year until I stopped following it. Crazy.

A 9 year old kidnapped at gunpoint

0 for 2. Lol. But you were first to post...so that's gotta be worth something. Reading the JPP threads, I guess first is what really matters these days anyway. People will eventually figure out the details.

The Amber Alert issued to locate 9-month-old William Merino has been cancelled.

The child was found safe, and the suspect, William Merino has been taken into custody.

He was the kid's dad, BTW.

0 for 2. Lol. But you were first to post...so that's gotta be worth something. Reading the JPP threads, I guess first is what really matters these days anyway. People will eventually figure out the details.
I know, horrible reporting on my part ...glad the baby was found safe.

99 percent of the time these amber alerts are domestic custody disputes gone horribly wrong. Not that a dad kidnapping his son isn't very bad but no the child was not in danger and these alerts help add to stranger danger nonsense panic.

I know, horrible reporting on my part ...glad the baby was found safe.

Me too.

99 percent of the time these amber alerts are domestic custody disputes gone horribly wrong. Not that a dad kidnapping his son isn't very bad but no the child was not in danger and these alerts help add to stranger danger nonsense panic.

Seems that way lately. I believe the original Amber alert rules prohibited issuing alerts when the "kidnapper" was a parent, because they did not want there to be a fatigue element like there is with silver alerts. They originally wanted just legitimately "stolen" children to be announced, so it would command a ton of rapid attention.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT