6. Ace Bailey
7. Dylan Harper
8. Lathan Somerville
9. Ogbole
10. Dylan Grant (possible red shirt)
11. Bryce Dortch ( possible red shirt)
12. Transfer starting 5
13. Transfer backup 4 for Ace if Mag leaves

I don't see anyone else leaving, and I see Grant a little ahead of Dortch offensively, but Dortch a little ahead of Grant defensively. We definitely need an experienced 5 man and will have to pay up some. Some 5 is really going to want to play with this group.

Last edited:
Pike will need to make coaching adjustments: specifically letting his 2 future NBA Stars up their game on the offensive side of the ball at the expense of his defensive coaching expertise.

Reactions: Scangg
Some older kids who I'd go after if they entered the portal.

Dixon - Senior, NOVA - perfect fit, and he was interested in us out of high school.
Zach Freemantle - Senior, Xavier, Bergen Carholic Kid. 4 man.
PJ Hall - Senior, Clemson - tons of experience vs. great competition
Soriano - Senior, St. Johns
Ryan Kalkbrenner - Senior, Creighton

Dixon makes us a national championship contender.

Last edited:
UK’s 2009-10 team is the model. We really need a post player to return to be our Patrick Patterson… It really needs to be a veteran Pike player - a transfer doesn’t step in and lead McDonald’s all Americans. Just not happening. Im not sure I see that role in Mag. Holding out hope that Cliff will see this as an opportunity to come back and shine - he could really pencil in a legacy by returning.

In the age of the portal, a red-shirt year for an uninjured player is plain stupid. Could have used that sholly year on a potentially serviceable transfer player. You're carrying a borderline, quite possibly a future transfer and making him more attractive by adding a year of eligibility. With rare exception, you don't want scholarships tied up in borderline players for four, much less five years. It was never a great idea. Now it is plain foolish.

It's got a cruel edge to it, but you actually have to burn their 'ships to encourage them to leave if they don't show signs of making the grade. Even less fun to be the 12th man on the bench than it used to be. Coaches used to have to chase off on average one player a year, now it is more like three.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT