ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Hoop Summit: Ace and Dylan (Tonight Saturday April 13)

I know it's unreasonable to expect, but I can't be the only one wishing these guys would stop playing until next season.

It's great that Ace and Dylan dominated the game but I've been a Rutgers fan too long to not expect one of them will blow out a knee with this nonsense.

I know it's unreasonable to expect, but I can't be the only one wishing these guys would stop playing until next season.

It's great that Ace and Dylan dominated the game but I've been a Rutgers fan too long to not expect one of them will blow out a knee with this nonsense.
We are just a stop on their path to the NBA. This is how it works with the high level recruit.

Basketball players play basketball, they are going to be playing all summer when they get on campus.

Ace makes 1st jumper of game
Dylan fouled not called
Drive later on. Goal tend not called

I do like that Dylan seems to be a vocal leader out there in games I've seen recently.

He's diving on the floor for loose balls out there tonight too.

Ace may have more of the "wow" moments, but Dylan is soooo consistently good.

I do like that Dylan seems to be a vocal leader out there in games I've seen recently.

He's diving on the floor for loose balls out there tonight too.

Ace may have more of the "wow" moments, but Dylan is soooo consistently good.
I am ever so slightly concerned about Bailey now that he's seeing tougher competition.

• Haha
Reactions: cshelley
Ace having a bad game. Overall the game is hard to watch. Not much sharing the ball. Lots of 1 on 5

Reactions: shields
It’s incredible we have 2 of the starters on team USA vs the world playing at Rutgers
Harper is incredible ACE is sooo talented it’s going to be a blast

Reactions: Kbee3
Ace played much better on offense since that late first half three. His man defense was much better than I expected.

You fell into Green Rice FIG's trap of thinking these guys don't/can't play defense. Anyone who's actually seen them play live knew that was rubbish.
I have seen Ace play many times, and his defense for his HS team was no where near his play yesterday.

Reactions: PaKnight
Flagg is incredible.
Having watching a bunch of these games over the year (primarily because of our guys), I thought last night was Flagg’s best performance. He’s awesome.

As for our guys, Dylan is so much better than I ever thought. I really do see the comparisons to Brunson.

Ace - based on the comments some people just don’t get it. He is so far and away the most talented player to step on campus in the last 45 years. He can basically get a bucket whenever he wants. When he’s on, he’ll easily go for 25-30 pts. And of course like all great players he will have 3-14 nights. So be it.

Our guys performed well last night. I finally found the box score. Dylan and Ace each scored 14 points. Dylan played 29:21 minutes and Ace played 27:57 minutes. Dylan shot 4-11 on fg's but was 1-1 on threes. He also was 5-5 on foul shots and had 7 rebounds for third on the team and third for everyone in the game. He also had 3 assists and 3 steals. Ace was 5-15 on fg's and 2-7 on threes. He had 6 rebounds and 2 steals. They were second & third in minutes played only behind Asa Newell who played 30:36 on the USA team. Cooper Flagg had a great game and led the USA team with 19 points in 25:42 minutes and shot 8-11 on fg's with 1-2 on threes and led the game with 11 rebounds . Asa Newell had 17 points and 10 rebounds and shot 6-12 on fg's, 1-4 on threes. I hope this helps. The fifth starter Ian Jackson played 18:00 minutes but only scored 2 points on 1-5 fg's but he led the USA team with 4 assists.

Reactions: RUBlackout
Our guys performed well last night. I finally found the box score. Dylan and Ace each scored 14 points. Dylan played 29:21 minutes and Ace played 27:57 minutes. Dylan shot 4-11 on fg's but was 1-1 on threes. He also was 5-5 on foul shots and had 7 rebounds for third on the team and third for everyone in the game. He also had 3 assists and 3 steals. Ace was 5-15 on fg's and 2-7 on threes. He had 6 rebounds and 2 steals. They were second & third in minutes played only behind Asa Newell who played 30:36 on the USA team. Cooper Flagg had a great game and led the USA team with 19 points in 25:42 minutes and shot 8-11 on fg's with 1-2 on threes and led the game with 11 rebounds . Asa Newell had 17 points and 10 rebounds and shot 6-12 on fg's, 1-4 on threes. I hope this helps. The fifth starter Ian Jackson played 18:00 minutes but only scored 2 points on 1-5 fg's but he led the USA team with 4 assists.

Traore annd Dybantsa we’re outstanding for the world team. Hard to believe Dybantsa still has another year of high school.

Dylan was very good again. He’s just as rock solid and college ready as Flagg. In addition to his ability to run the offense and get down hill, he plays good on-ball defense, and he’s an excellent rebounder. Oh, and he was 5-5 on FTs.

Ace has all the talent and athletic ability in the world, but he’s erratic. There are going to be some lows and WTF moments mixed in with the highs and WOW moments. He had two airballs on threes last night, one of which was a wide open corner three. (NOTE: I’m not complaining— these are just observations).

Reactions: soundcrib
DylanHarper was clearly the best player on the court. Unlike other all star games, these teams played defense and a lot of half court offense. Flagg was in foul trouble in the first half and a no show. He had a good second half. He is not better than Dylan or Ace. Ace hitting some threes and hitting the offensive glass was tremendous. Now a team with Dylan, ACE , Flagg , Jackson and Fland starting with 2 of them RU guys puts us in the lead in recruiting and impact freshman next year. We haven’t seen Lathan yet and saw 2 other Duke guys and they are good but our potential matchup with Duke next year in a tourney early or down the road will be electric. We are in great shape. Pike has 3 scholarships to go get the shooter , big man and rebounding bruiser in the portal . Once accomplished we are in for one great ride next year.

Basketball players play basketball, they are going to be playing all summer when they get on campus.
Not like they used to. NBA is now rest up roulette. Wemby sitting out a season finale. I get both points of the argument, don’t play ina meaningless game to prevent injury. But the notion that players play every chance they get is falling further and further away from the truth. They just want more sponsorships and $$$ and now goes the same for college players.

Traore annd Dybantsa we’re outstanding for the world team. Hard to believe Dybantsa still has another year of high school.

Dylan was very good again. He’s just as rock solid and college ready as Flagg. In addition to his ability to run the offense and get down hill, he plays good on-ball defense, and he’s an excellent rebounder. Oh, and he was 5-5 on FTs.

Ace has all the talent and athletic ability in the world, but he’s erratic. There are going to be some lows and WTF moments mixed in with the highs and WOW moments. He had two airballs on threes last night, one of which was a wide open corner three. (NOTE: I’m not complaining— these are just observations).

I think once Ace gets to the college level, he'll learn that he doesn't always have to be the main scorer and thus is able to take better shots.

It'll also help that Pike will be his coach, because while his defense is great from an intensity perspective, he does get a bit lost on switching.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT