ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Treks to No. 1 Penn State Monday Night

And is the reason why people question the coaching. I get it, wrestlers have to wrestle but we seem to underachieve in a lot of spots like this and lack sense of urgency. Almost like they dont listen. Seems like Peterson, Turley (who is his own animal) and some others want to do their own thing.
Definitely horrible

And is the reason why people question the coaching. I get it, wrestlers have to wrestle but we seem to underachieve in a lot of spots like this and lack sense of urgency. Almost like they dont listen. Seems like Peterson, Turley (who is his own animal) and some others want to do their own thing.
If that is what is happening and I have no idea if it is how is that not the coach's fault anyway?

Reactions: Goathead88
Penn State wrestlers are literally laughing at us. But keep defending the coach.

My son wrestled with a torn rib cage he sucked it up and wrestled. Plus 10 stitches above his eye. You gotta sucked it up and go.

At this point we have one AA hopeful in Shawver. Before this match I thought Yara had a shot but not anymore. We'll be lucky to finish close to Top 15. We're just not wrestling well not sure what's going on but whatever it is, it isn't working.

Reactions: rugrapfan1
This is exactly why people are calling for new coaches. Our potential AA heavyweight ks losing to someone 190 lbs! Complete embarrassment

Team and coaches really need to take a look in mirror. Bc its not going well

What a disgrace. This clearly team doesn’t want to wrestle at times.

Yara gets completely embarrassed by a guy he outweighs by 40+ pounds. Zero fight or fire.

Coaching and preparation has hit rock bottom.

Reactions: bluemountain1967
Geez..I hope it comes out that Slava has been sick, throwing up and diarrhea for the past 48 hours. He literally 💩 the bed.

Who cares! Find a way. Your 15 lbs heavier and supposed to be a dynamic and innovative wrestler
Where are ppl getting this bear claw is 15 ibs lighter narrative??? He is backing up Cstar, whom wrestles at 174, and pushed Griffith in a close loss… if bearclaw wasn’t backing up Cstar he is a AA caliber wrestler….

At this point we have one AA hopeful in Shawver. Before this match I thought Yara had a shot but not anymore. We'll be lucky to finish close to Top 15. We're just not wrestling well not sure what's going on but whatever it is, it isn't working.
People don’t understand Kerk is on another lvl to EVERYONE.. he TECHED the #2 wrestler in the all star match… Kerk was already amazing but he kept working on his craft and went up another lvl this year !!

Where are ppl getting this bear claw is 15 ibs lighter narrative??? He is backing up Cstar, whom wrestles at 174, and pushed Griffith in a close loss… if bearclaw wasn’t backing up Cstar he is a AA caliber wrestler….
They said it on the broadcast that he weighed in at 160 lbs tonight

Gibbons said he weighed in at 160 tonight. He’s the backup at 157 and 165

I was happy with the way 33,41 and 49 wrestles tonight
Agreed. Thought SCW competed. Beyond that it was a pathetic showing. Glad this was our one shot on National TV. So their 2 backups beat our highly ranked wrestlers and we won 1 tossup match.

People don’t understand Kerk is on another lvl to EVERYONE.. he TECHED the #2 wrestler in the all star match… Kerk was already amazing but he kept working on his craft and went up another lvl this year !!
Kerk didn’t wrestle. Lucas Cochran beat Yara. Backup 197

• Wow
Reactions: KidDagger
Huh? That was the backup 197 lber that Yara lost to 8-3

Last edited:
LOL stop. He isn’t close to AA and he is the backup at 165. Plus they said it on the broadcast that he weighed in at 160 tonight.

They said it on the broadcast that he weighed in at 160 lbs tonight
Oh ok well… he still pushed Griffith to a close loss.. even Cstar said bearclaw would probably contend for a national chip if he wasn’t in a backup situation… the point is bear claw is very good even if he weighted in underweight ..

Reactions: goldenanimal
Huh? That was the backup 197 lber that Yara lost to 7-2
Yup. He weighed in at a whopping 195 lbs

Seemed completely unprepared to compete or what to expect vs him. Didnt try anything heavyweight like underhooks or use his weight advantage at all.

Oh ok well… he still pushed Griffith to a close loss.. even Cstar said bearclaw would probably contend for a national chip if he wasn’t in a backup situation… the point is bear claw is very good even if he weighted in underweight ..
Id be fine if it was our 157 or 165. Im not ok with it being our AA and 13 ranked 174.

We lost to two backups who were bumping up weights and they weren't even competitive. There is no spinning those loses. They were horrendous.

Reactions: SirScarlet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT