ADVERTISEMENT

No. 22 Rutgers Wrestling In Tulsa for 2023 NCAA Championships

NCAA really needs to change the top stalling rules. Allowing a parallel ride with no attempts to come out to the side or turn is ridiculous. And boring.

Just looking at whole team performance. Not impressed. Other the Soldano.
Yep Soldano was my pick for best chance to AA. Peterson was my close second… he will need to go into mean Dean mode…. Turley would be third

At least RU won a Match, scored and won’t finish last. Woo-Hoo!!!!!

Seems to be a common occurrence amongst multiple sports at Rutgers. Not being prepared in the post season.

Hobbs needs to have a sports psychology symposium in the off season for all staff and athletes.
Every team except Soccer this year has regressed, and that team got crushed in the first round of the NCAA.

Gymnastics scored a team record, but went winless in conference l. Maybe that is Team 2. WBB did better with a losing record so that is Team 3. Maybe

Every team except Soccer this year has regressed, and that team got crushed in the first round of the NCAA.

Gymnastics scored a team record, but went winless in conference l. Maybe that is Team 2. WBB did better with a losing record so that is Team 3. Maybe
Lacrosse?
Baseball started out slowly but swept a very good team and is now over .500. They won't have as good of record, but they may have a better rpi with the hard beginning schedule

For those of us who can’t watch, is there a place where we can just see the list of the seven results for RU?

Got home just as Boone was walking off the mat. Might have been better for me not to watch the 1st round. But in reality, the only real disappointments were Peterson and Heilman. Sucks as those were two of the guys we hoped would make blood round.

Lacrosse?
Baseball started out slowly but swept a very good team and is now over .500. They won't have as good of record, but they may have a better rpi with the hard beginning schedule
The baseball RPI is 33 right now, believe it or not.

Reactions: Bobbynieds

try this link......on track

125​

Dean Peterson (21-10) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Jarrett Trombley (NC State) 14-6 won by decision over Dean Peterson (Rutgers) 21-10 (Dec 4-3)

133​

Joe Heilmann (24-10) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Brayden Palmer (Chattanooga) 21-6 won by decision over Joe Heilmann (Rutgers) 24-10 (Dec 4-2)

141​

Joe Olivieri (0-0) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

149​

Anthony White (14-14) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Sammy Sasso (Ohio State) 26-2 won by major decision over Anthony White (Rutgers) 14-14 (MD 10-2)

157​

Andrew Clark (19-16) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Kendall Coleman (Purdue) 28-6 won by decision over Andrew Clark (Rutgers) 19-16 (Dec 9-4)

174​

Jackson Turley (10-13) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Mekhi Lewis (Virginia Tech) 19-1 won by decision over Jackson Turley (Rutgers) 10-13 (Dec 2-1)

184​

Brian Soldano (23-10) place is unknown and scored 3.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Brian Soldano (Rutgers) 23-10 won by fall over Layne Malczewski (Michigan State) 23-5 (Fall 1:40)

285​

Boone Mcdermott (16-6) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Lucas Davison (Northwestern) 23-4 won by decision over Boone Mcdermott (Rutgers) 16-6 (Dec 6-1)

Next match-ups:

Dean Peterson (Rutgers) vs. Nico Provo (Stanford)
Joe Heilmann (Rutgers) vs. Ethan Oakley (Appalachian State)
Anthony White (Rutgers) vs. Mitch Moore (Oklahoma)
Andrew Clark (Rutgers) vs. Paddy Gallagher (Ohio State)
Jackson Turley (Rutgers) vs. Will Miller (Appalachian State)
Brian Soldano (Rutgers) vs. Trent Hidlay (NC State)
Boone Mcdermott (Rutgers) vs. Michael Wolfgram (West Virginia)

Peterson beat Provo by MD earlier this year 11-2
Clark split the season series with Gallagher but won the most recent matchup at the B1G tournament

Last edited:
Reactions: RUpop and Leonard23

try this link......on track

125​

Dean Peterson (21-10) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Jarrett Trombley (NC State) 14-6 won by decision over Dean Peterson (Rutgers) 21-10 (Dec 4-3)

133​

Joe Heilmann (24-10) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Brayden Palmer (Chattanooga) 21-6 won by decision over Joe Heilmann (Rutgers) 24-10 (Dec 4-2)

141​

Joe Olivieri (0-0) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

149​

Anthony White (14-14) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Sammy Sasso (Ohio State) 26-2 won by major decision over Anthony White (Rutgers) 14-14 (MD 10-2)

157​

Andrew Clark (19-16) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Kendall Coleman (Purdue) 28-6 won by decision over Andrew Clark (Rutgers) 19-16 (Dec 9-4)

174​

Jackson Turley (10-13) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Mekhi Lewis (Virginia Tech) 19-1 won by decision over Jackson Turley (Rutgers) 10-13 (Dec 2-1)

184​

Brian Soldano (23-10) place is unknown and scored 3.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Brian Soldano (Rutgers) 23-10 won by fall over Layne Malczewski (Michigan State) 23-5 (Fall 1:40)

285​

Boone Mcdermott (16-6) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Lucas Davison (Northwestern) 23-4 won by decision over Boone Mcdermott (Rutgers) 16-6 (Dec 6-1)
Thanks! Looks like they went 1–6, but were four total points away from being 4–3.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Lacrosse?
Looking at completed sports … Final 4 will be tough to beat in Lacrosse, especially since every loss was to a Final 4 team. They lost to Army, but beat Princeton. We were spoiled last year with success in multiple sports. This year back to Earth so far.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
Okie is where the AA steak was broken. You know what I am talking about. To be an AA you got the front way or the back way. The back way problem is you never know who is upset and drops down. I guess my point let’s be positive….enjoy enjoy RU and hope someone has AP blood and gets it done. GO RU.

Turley has looked great recently.. win or lose this is the version of Turley we wanna see
Turley surprised me by not reinjuring his shoulder. It does not surprise me that he has improved throughout the year. He starts every year out of wrestling condition and struggles, then comes on later in the year. If only he could come into next season in shape, he could be a factor throughout the season, and who knows how good at the end.

Reactions: njsportsphan
I'll give the advantage to Peterson in his next match, then he'll likely get a rubber match with Braxton Brown. IF he wins that, he has a fighter's chance in the following match, not so much after that. Echoing what I said earlier, he has to wrestle his best. Braxton won't be an easy rematch.

Turley gets the win! Didn't like seeing him wince though. Hopefully, nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT