ADVERTISEMENT

No. 3 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Plays No. 1 Maryland In Big Ten Title Game / Saturday night at 8 p.m.

I thought I read somewhere that there will be two play in games on Wednesday featuring the four worst AQs. Is that correct? If so that means it has expanded to 18 teams.

No need for swearing or personal attacks. Hopkins played much better vs them on Thursday than we did on Saturday.

Disappointing

Hopkins got beat by 15 goals the week before and we beat them easily. They will be sitting home watching us play in the NCAA's. Not sure I'd use them as an example.

Reactions: rondi
Hopkins got beat by 15 goals the week before and we beat them easily. They will be sitting home watching us play in the NCAA's. Not sure I'd use them as an example.
What the people who are ripping the way we played last night also dont understand is the fact that teams like Maryland cause their opponents to play poorly.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker

this proves my point even clearer. A team that bad not gonna make the Tourny had a better game than us vs Maryland. So no…we weren’t that bad because of Maryland

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
this proves my point even clearer. A team that bad not gonna make the Tourny had a better game than us vs Maryland. So no…we weren’t that bad because of Maryland
You don’t show up in men’s or women’s lax threads all year when both teams are having historic seasons. But then you show up on championship weekend and crap all over both teams with negativity. We are making progress towards where Maryland has been for decades. It doesn’t happen all at one time. Maybe consider enjoying the Rutgers athletics ride. 4 teams this year reaching conference tournament final (and yeah, we did win one). Yet you’re here talking about how disappointing our teams are.

You don’t show up in men’s or women’s lax threads all year when both teams are having historic seasons. But then you show up on championship weekend and crap all over both teams with negativity. We are making progress towards where Maryland has been for decades. It doesn’t happen all at one time. Maybe consider enjoying the Rutgers athletics ride. 4 teams this year reaching conference tournament final (and yeah, we did win one). Yet you’re here talking about how disappointing our teams are.

Team has had a phenomenal season. Believe I was in here for the bigger games this season posting afterwards..but can’t confirm that.

im in a thread about the championship game…you don’t think the showing last night was disappointing?

BU RU would be a fun game. They’d try and run with us.

Cornell would be a good match up imo

From my limited viewing that would be a game that the RU midfield would have a very clear advantage. Their attack, however, can score. But their Ivy games showed they can be slowed down. Don't look at the Yale score, because most of their points came after Yale reached 20.

It’s called sports. Losing less than someone else doesn’t matter. You lost. We beat them and are going to the tournament. They’re sitting home watching wondering where it all went wrong. You can take comfort in losing by less.

From my limited viewing that would be a game that the RU midfield would have a very clear advantage. Their attack, however, can score. But their Ivy games showed they can be slowed down. Don't look at the Yale score, because most of their points came after Yale reached 20.
We would score, and their faceoff game is less than stellar.

He has an odd need for attention. I’ve seen it forever on the CE board.

It’s called sports. Losing less than someone else doesn’t matter. You lost. We beat them and are going to the tournament. They’re sitting home watching wondering where it all went wrong. You can take comfort in losing by less.
It’s not really about how much we lost by. It’s just about how we play. We didn’t play well yesterday..in a big game. That’s what we should all be frustrated about.

The things I'm wondering going into the selection show: Is Army in after losing in the Patriot League final? Is Princeton in after not even qualifying for their own conference tournament? How does Rutgers navigate hosting a game this weekend with graduation being at the stadium on Sunday?

He has an odd need for attention. I’ve seen it forever on the CE board.
He would criticize David if he missed hitting Goliath in the head with the rock. Guy shows up after not spending one second on this board all season when we are playing Goliath and has to run his mouth. We don't need fans like him.

Reactions: Caliknight
The things I'm wondering going into the selection show: Is Army in after losing in the Patriot League final? Is Princeton in after not even qualifying for their own conference tournament? How does Rutgers navigate hosting a game this weekend with graduation being at the stadium on Sunday?

has a lower seeded team ever hosted games? (I know womens hoops Tourny had done this in past) Or does every high seed find a way to host?

Army is out. Princeton is likely in, though I still think the Ivies do not get 5 like a lot of predictions. The announcer (Quint or Carc, I forget which, also known as Dumb and Dumber) at the end of today's game were questioning OSU and getting Duke in. That OSU win over ND will be key in that regard. But the committee will want 3 ACC one way or another. The only way that reasonably happens is 2 Big 10 at larges, 3 ACC at larges and 3 Ivy at larges.

Reactions: bigmatt718
It’s not really about how much we lost by. It’s just about how we play. We didn’t play well yesterday..in a big game. That’s what we should all be frustrated about.
Be frustrated. No one cares.

Army is out. Princeton is likely in, though I still think the Ivies do not get 5 like a lot of predictions. The announcer (Quint or Carc, I forget which, also known as Dumb and Dumber) at the end of today's game were questioning OSU and getting Duke in. That OSU win over ND will be key in that regard. But the committee will want 3 ACC one way or another. The only way that reasonably happens is 2 Big 10 at larges, 3 ACC at larges and 3 Ivy at larges.
Princeton is definitely in. They will be seeded.

It sucks for more deserving teams that will get left out but it is good for the game. Lax is EXPLODING at the HS level but the hurdles to start any new Men’s D1 sport are extremely high, mainly due to title 9.

Having a realistic path to the NCAA tournament is one of the few incentives available to encourage colleges to launch a new program. St. Bona started up their program only a few years ago and they came close to making the tourney.

I hoping seeing some smaller schools have early success will get some P5 teams to find a way to get off the fence and jump in. Specifically, I would love to see the PAC 12 make the move. There’s are kid from SoCal alone all over D1 rosters. USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Colorado and the Arizona schools could get real good real fast. And Utah could have a more natural home. Even the Origin and Washington schools could do well. It would be awesome for the short to be truly national.

Vermont 11- Manhattan 3 in the 3rd. I honestly think another AQ would be better for the sport.

Vermont 11- Manhattan 3 in the 3rd. I honestly think another AQ would be better for the sport.
Field needs to expand to 20 or 24. Top 8 seeds get a 1st round bye in a 24 team field, 1st round would be played on Thursday/Friday at 9-16 seed home field.

They aren’t expanding it. If anything it’s going in the opposite direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT