ADVERTISEMENT

No. 6 Rutgers Field Hockey Hosts Two Games this Weekend (Friday vs. No. 15 Michigan and Sunday against Monmouth)

NW up 2-0 on Iowa in the 4th. If that holds, we should jump Iowa to #5 next week provided we handle business vs Monmouth on Sunday.

We scored off a corner kick and Ethel refs overturned it and the announcers were stumped and of course they give no explanation

We scored off a corner kick and Ethel refs overturned it and the announcers were stumped and of course they give no explanation
The refs were pretty Michagani all game. Michigan really pressed & bottled us up much of the game. We came on late & we are tough with more space in OT.

Congrats Ladies! Go RU!

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Will we ever get a reason for the goal being disallowed?
All the players (both teams) thought it was a goal.

Reactions: Blueconditioner
The refs were pretty Michagani all game. Michigan really pressed & bottled us up much of the game. We came on late & we are tough with more space in OT.

Congrats Ladies! Go RU!
Dad did you go? I was trying but couldn't make it I just wish I knew the rules better

Will we ever get a reason for the goal being disallowed?
All the players (both teams) thought it was a goal.
Spoke to the Refs after the game. One Ref said she blew the whistle & checked it out because even though the shot hit backboard, which it is required to do on a corner, the ball rose above a certain plain on its way toward the goal. How do you like that baloney! I'd say pretty lame! Smells like favoring the Blue Bloods if you ask me.

Spoke to the Refs after the game. One Ref said she blew the whistle & checked it out because even though the shot hit backboard, which it is required to do on a corner, the ball rose above a certain plain on its way toward the goal. How do you like that baloney! I'd say pretty lame! Smells like favoring the Blue Bloods if you ask me.
OMG field hockey has to have the stupidest rules and how did they determine that there is no way the replay was good enough to see that that's BS!!!

I don't know if Monmouth is any good but that sure looks like a classic trap game, coming off an overtime win over a ranked big name conference opponent to face an in-state foe on a short turnaround. Great job, ladies! Go R U!

I don't know if Monmouth is any good but that sure looks like a classic trap game, coming off an overtime win over a ranked big name conference opponent to face an in-state foe on a short turnaround. Great job, ladies! Go R U!
Monmouth is having a very good season & was good. Agree with your point re: trap game, but the girls were up for it. Though I think they took their foot off the gas a bit after they went up 2-0. After Monmouth tied it at 2-2, our gals went back to work.
Ohio State will be tough out there, plus you've always got to overcome the refs as well. GO RU!

Monmouth is having a very good season & was good. Agree with your point re: trap game, but the girls were up for it. Though I think they took their foot off the gas a bit after they went up 2-0. After Monmouth tied it at 2-2, our gals went back to work.
Ohio State will be tough out there, plus you've always got to overcome the refs as well. GO RU!
if we can win this weekend set which will be tough it all comes down to the final two games but we still have the Big tournament and every game is tough then as has every game in the Big this year

Still 6th in RPI after this weekend’s games. Liberty jumped us to #5 after beating UNC.

Coaches poll comes out tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT