ADVERTISEMENT

Not a bad group of transfers in this year

Kbee3

Hall of Famer
Aug 23, 2002
Shawn Bowman, JaQuae Jackson, Isaiah Iton, Eric Rogers, Michael Dixon.
Charles Amankwaa.
could have been: Nasseim Brantley.
Need to do even better next off-season.
Not too shabby though.

Shawn Bowman, JaQuae Jackson, Isaiah Iton, Eric Rogers, Michael Dixon.
Charles Amankwaa.
could have been: Nasseim Brantley.
Need to do even better next off-season.
Not too shabby though.
I have been really disappointed with the lack of use of Bowman and feel sorry for the kid. I am sure he was told they would use the TE often in the passing game and it has not been the case.

I have been really disappointed with the lack of use of Bowman and feel sorry for the kid. I am sure he was told they would use the TE often in the passing game and it has not been the case.
That dude looks slow and uncoordinated while running patterns and catching passes. It may have worked as pass catcher at Maine where everything is slower but here, he's strictly a blocker. The rest of the transfers IMO were pretty much homeruns.

That dude looks slow and uncoordinated while running patterns and catching passes. It may have worked as pass catcher at Maine where everything is slower but here, he's strictly a blocker. The rest of the transfers IMO were pretty much homeruns.
Thought he was brought in as a blocking TE.

He was a chance take and is not panning out. He is very, very slow for the B10. He can not get open vertically, and he get bullied by Lbs inside and can not post up.

Reactions: koleszar

I’d imagine this to be the case. Think about it. We were returning our top TE receiver Langhan on a team that everyone knew would be run first. Can’t see how he would’ve expected anything else?

Reactions: BLewis1968
The hype was that he had 31 catches and 5 td's in only 8 games before an injury cut his season short. Kirk's offense loves the TE, it's been a staple of his RPO low risk designs. But here our TE's are having trouble getting open.

The hype was that he had 31 catches and 5 td's in only 8 games before an injury cut his season short. Kirk's offense loves the TE, it's been a staple of his RPO low risk designs. But here our TE's are having trouble getting open.
Thanks. Maybe he just need more time to comeback from his injury. Let’s hope

Bowman has done a decent job blocking. Hasn’t really had an opportunity to do much in the passing game.
I also think the few times a TE is going to be in a passing route- It is going to be JL as he may not be great but the kid has vey sure hands.

Flip Dixon is a next level player
Does anyone have any insight as to why he only started one game last year for Minnesota? Did they have stronger players in front of him? Just year to year improvement? Used differently than he was in Minnesota?

Wrong!!!
Don't you know that we need about 40 transfers a year? That's the way great programs are built!
That is how all of the best programs have been built. Coaching and player development have nothing to do with it. It's just a matter of a coach with a flashy personality waving NIL cash in front of the best players. Just look at all the National Championships Deion Sanders has won.

He was a chance take and is not panning out. He is very, very slow for the B10. He can not get open vertically, and he get bullied by Lbs inside and can not post up.
Yet no playing time for Konopka, Blake, or Higgins.

I see Konopka on the field each game. He doesn't give us much for passing either
They do not give Konopka a chance to catch ball downfield as only in for blocking. Huge mistake in not using tight ends vertically in this offense. One less thing defensive coordinator has to worry about

They do not give Konopka a chance to catch ball downfield as only in for blocking. Huge mistake in not using tight ends vertically in this offense. One less thing defensive coordinator has to worry about
Maybe we are saving it for a special game !!!

Konopka was supposed to be a stud. Why are the coaches struggling to get him or Higgins involved?

Reactions: FastMJ
Konopka was supposed to be a stud. Why are the coaches struggling to get him or Higgins involved?
IMO

Konopka is in his 4th year and looks like the injuries might have taken its toll, as he was on a nice path. But he can't beat out these two. I wouldn't expect much from him, but he'll be eligible for a 6th year medical. So, then it might be grown man vs boys and you get some production.

Higgins is only in his second year and probably should have been redshirted last year and looks like he's getting one this year. I have to think he's just too green at this point and not able to beat out the Seniors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT