ADVERTISEMENT

Not one holding call on Wisconsin

Question on the TD pass to the TE...as he was crossing in the endzone- he literally ran into and shoved our defender down...I don't believe the ball was in the air so it wouldn't be OPI but is that actually allowed?

And the refs were horrible. The Melton call was crazy bad. The ball had already hit the body of the WR before Melton's hand hit the ball and chest. It was a great play. There were also a couple of plays by their DB's that were much worse.
Also- as much as the announcers mentioned how our defense jumped one time- they never mentioned the Defensive Offsides on the Wisky D when they were across the line on one play.
And pissed me off they call us for doing a pre snap "clap" on D when other refs let Michigan do it for an entire game.
Don't understand how that one play wasn't targeting. His shoulder and helmet hit GW's helmet and both his feet were off the ground- launching. Top it off that the QB was halfway out of bounds.

@yesrutgers01 good concise list of complaints.. or disconcerting signal" call was total BS.. only one player jumped.. the center did not snap the ball.. the player who jumped was on the other end of the line... total BS just done to erase a Wisconsin penalty. Disgusting.

Reactions: koleszar
B1G Refs are a farce.
Blue bloods playing home games are getting away with murder. The B1G AD’s need to file complaints.

B1G Refs are a farce.
Blue bloods playing home games are getting away with murder. The B1G AD’s need to file complaints.
Waving T-Mobile GIF by Magenta

Question on the TD pass to the TE...as he was crossing in the endzone- he literally ran into and shoved our defender down...I don't believe the ball was in the air so it wouldn't be OPI but is that actually allowed?

And the refs were horrible. The Melton call was crazy bad. The ball had already hit the body of the WR before Melton's hand hit the ball and chest. It was a great play. There were also a couple of plays by their DB's that were much worse.
Also- as much as the announcers mentioned how our defense jumped one time- they never mentioned the Defensive Offsides on the Wisky D when they were across the line on one play.
And pissed me off they call us for doing a pre snap "clap" on D when other refs let Michigan do it for an entire game.
Don't understand how that one play wasn't targeting. His shoulder and helmet hit GW's helmet and both his feet were off the ground- launching. Top it off that the QB was halfway out of bounds.

Clapping by the defense isn’t allowed if the offensive team uses claps in their snap scenarios. NU got called for it against Minnesota once. That is something that is being watched closely. If your team doesn’t use a clap on offense it won’t be called.
NU didn’t have trouble with clapping against Illinois but they were stemming on NU and never got called. Rhule ripped the officials during and post game. That is suppose to being watched closely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT