ADVERTISEMENT

Not That It Would've Mattered But Did Anyone Else Notice...

DirtyRU

All American
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2002
... with 2:11 left in the game, Simspon hits both of his free throws. Go back and watch the DVR. Minnesota inbounds it with, obviously 30 seconds on the shot clock, and the shot clock stayed FROZEN on 30 both in the arena (if you look above the basket) and on the BTN score overlay on TV until about 5-6 seconds had passed, then they finally started the clock. On that posession they struggled to get it over halfcourt, yet again, but finally did, and eventually we fouled Garcia with 7 seconds left on the shot clock, instead of what should've been 1-2 seconds left, and Garcia would've had to force up a shot.

Phuckin' cheaters. Go back and watch the tape. Unreal that nobody noticed.

... with 2:11 left in the game, Simspon hits both of his free throws. Go back and watch the DVR. Minnesota inbounds it with, obviously 30 seconds on the shot clock, and the shot clock stayed FROZEN on 30 both in the arena (if you look above the basket) and on the BTN score overlay on TV until about 5-6 seconds had passed, then they finally started the clock. On that posession they struggled to get it over halfcourt, yet again, but finally did, and eventually we fouled Garcia with 7 seconds left on the shot clock, instead of what should've been 1-2 seconds left, and Garcia would've had to force up a shot.

I thought something was whacky on that possession. A bunch of shit happened and there was still like 22 seconds on the clock. But then it also seemed like it skipped forward 5 seconds or something so I figured it was just a BTN glitch.

Yup I noticed that too. The ball was passed around like six times and then there was still 20 on the shot clock.

• Angry
Reactions: DirtyRU
I thought something was whacky on that possession. A bunch of shit happened and there was still like 22 seconds on the clock. But then it also seemed like it skipped forward 5 seconds or something so I figured it was just a BTN glitch.
I hear ya on the glitch but the proof is in the in-arena shot clock right above the basket. Once their hoop (the direction they were going) is on tv view, boom, there it is, still frozen at 30. Again I don't think we are wining the game if that's cleaned up, but how do the BTN announcers, the refs AND the entire Rutgers bench not notice. I wouldn't expect Minnesota to speak up, ha. But yeah. Amateur hour, and some cheaty-a$$ shit. Came at a pivotal time when our press was wreaking havoc.

I hear ya on the glitch but the proof is in the in-arena shot clock right above the basket. Once their hoop (the direction they were going) is on tv view, boom, there it is, still frozen at 30. Again I don't think we are wining the game if that's cleaned up, but how do the BTN announcers, the refs AND the entire Rutgers bench not notice. I wouldn't expect Minnesota to speak up, ha. But yeah. Amateur hour, and some cheaty-a$$ shit. Came at a pivotal time when our press was wreaking havoc.
So, looking at the play by play, the foul occurred at 1:44, which is 27 seconds after 2:11, so it seems like it was about 4 seconds off.

• Angry
So, looking at the play by play, the foul occurred at 1:44, which is 27 seconds after 2:11, so it seems like it was about 4 seconds off.
Yup, and if Garcia has 3 left vs. 7? Who knows. If our team had internal clock awareness, knowing the shot clock should've been about to expire, maybe they don't foul there, let it play out, and maybe we get a forced shot and hopefully a miss and rebound.

Wii recheck but that was an offensive foul on Garcia!!

• Angry
I don't know if it was just on TV or in the arena (as you said, clock on the backboard is the official time) - but I noticed similar funky start/stops with the shot clock a few different times through the game.

• Angry
Don't forget the possession, they were bringing it up court against the press and three separate times a Minnesota player took multiple steps without a dribble, no walk called and they got fouled, hit 1-2 FTs when we were within 6pts.

Yup, there was def. some missed traveling calls as well. WTF. Forgot about that.

The game clock and the shot clock should be interconnected and synchronized when inbounding the ball.
Any ability for human error or ability to manipulate the clock should be removed from the equation

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT