ADVERTISEMENT

Off season Medical retirements

AMazing that the retirements are due to injuries prior to enrollment. Decroce's injury occured early season and Allen late in season of their senior years in high school. And this makes 3 retirements from that OL heavy recruiting class of 2022 joining Monegro who retired last year.

Reactions: Kbee3
DeCroce and
Have a less optimistic opinion of next season with these departures.
How can you have a less optimistic outlook when neither of the two linemen mentioned have never played any actual game reps for Rutgers? Actually we get two schollies taken off the 90+ we have … several more to go. My concern is with Powell a potentially dynamic B1G stud. Need him healthy and on the field.

The term has been around at the college level for awhile now. A nice way of saying “ I’m Done beating my body up.”

Reactions: RUPete
Back when Jim H was coaching Stanford, buddy of mine had his son out there playing for him. He talked about the MR all the time and how would use it for a hang nail if a kid wasn't going to contribute. And he knew kids and their parents wouldnt say a damn thing about it as they would still be getting a free Stanford degree.

Back when Jim H was coaching Stanford, buddy of mine had his son out there playing for him. He talked about the MR all the time and how would use it for a hang nail if a kid wasn't going to contribute. And he knew kids and their parents wouldnt say a damn thing about it as they would still be getting a free Stanford degree.
I've seen guys get a medical if the coach looked at them the wrong way. 😆It's the only way to control the roster without upsetting too many people.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I think the difference is that these MRs are shared on social media now when they weren’t before. Drives more content for a site but probably not an indicator of anything different from before.

Reactions: Kbee3
I've seen guys get a medical if the coach looked at them the wrong way. 😆It's the only way to control the roster without upsetting too many people.
The father was a player here at Rutgers that was most likely a teammate of yours. I just don’t want to share his name…

Not the same as a Stanford degree but had been used by Alabama frequently before there was a transfer portal.

AMazing that the retirements are due to injuries prior to enrollment. Decroce's injury occured early season and Allen late in season of their senior years in high school. And this makes 3 retirements from that OL heavy recruiting class of 2022 joining Monegro who retired last year.
Still got Asamoah, White, Chin…

That’s why you don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Cases like these retirements. You still have others who can/will contribute if given the chance.

They'll still get free college education, stay close with the football team, and not worry about trying to squeeze performance out of their body that wasn't meant to be. If they're lucky they may even be able to walk normally when they're 40.

Reactions: megadrone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT