ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State wins national championship in Pistol

B1GOSU

Junior
Jan 27, 2014
http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/c-pistol/recaps/032615aaa.html

National Champions, Again! Buckeyes Earn Second-Consecutive Pistol Intercollegiate National Title

Ohio State has accumulated seven national championships with its pistol program

March 26, 2015

COLUMBUS, Ohio - For the second-consecutive season and seventh time in program history, the Ohio State pistol team was crowned champions at the Pistol Intercollegiate National Championships on Thursday.

The championship marks the third time the Buckeyes have won a national title in open team competition, as they previously claimed an open team title in 2000 and 2014. Ohio State has also earned four national championships in women's team competition, notching titles in 2000, 2003, 2004 and 2009.

In addition to the open team title, freshman standout Irina Andrianova earned first place in women's sport pistol. With a score of 566 out of a possible 600 points, Andrianova captured the first individual national title of her collegiate career.

Overall, the Andrianova and the Buckeye women's team placed second in the sport competition, as well as runner-up in the overall women's competition.

Ohio State started the meet with a third-place showing in the women's 40-shot match. The squad followed it up with a second-place finish in the open free pistol competition, with freshman Glenn Zimmerman earning fourth-place individually.

95681-phil-dunphy-shaking-head-gif-m-7zIx.gif

Rutgers will never win this championship. Our overbearing "I know what is best for you" liberal New Jersey government will never allow law abiding citizens to own guns to defend themselves. Only the criminals will have guns making all the criminals in New Jersey very happy. Only a few idiots dare to try and rob people in Florida, because you never know who's carrying.

Originally posted by RUnumber1:
Rutgers will never win this championship. Our overbearing "I know what is best for you" liberal New Jersey government will never allow law abiding citizens to own guns to defend themselves. Only the criminals will have guns making all the criminals in New Jersey very happy. Only a few idiots dare to try and rob people in Florida, because you never know who's carrying.
Thats a bit of a stretch no? I think the reason we will never win is that we dont have a team, it has nothing to do with the liberal govt of NJ. no one is denying anyone a gun that wants to shoot in competitions. If I am not mistaken I think RU used to have a very good rifle or pistol team back in the day.

If that the case why is the violent crime rate in Florida much higher then New Jersey? Why is the burglary rate almost double of New Jersey? Why is the property crime higher in Florida? Florida has higher rate of rapes, murders, larceny, burglary, robberies, rape, auto thefts then New Jersey.

So so dumb.

Florida property crimes per 1000: 31.05
NJ property crimes per 1000: 18.83

Florida violent crimes per 1000: 4.70
NJ violent crimes per 1000: 2.88

Newell. Key words "used to". Try getting a gun in New Jersey now. Even for competitive shooting. Good luck!!
Well actually i just did get a handgun permit, it wasnt all that hard, although it was a long wait. Fill out the form, pay the fee, get your fingerprints done for the background check, wait 2 months, pick up the permit. Haven't picked out a piece yet but wanted the option of being able to when i choose.

Originally posted by PSU_Nut:

If that the case why is the violent crime rate in Florida much higher then New Jersey? Why is the burglary rate almost double of New Jersey? Why is the property crime higher in Florida? Florida has higher rate of rapes, murders, larceny, burglary, robberies, rape, auto thefts then New Jersey.
The policy is a total failure but there is no 2A right in NJ. Handle and own firearms at your peril. Just ask a NJ Judge.

Originally posted by newell138:

Newell. Key words "used to". Try getting a gun in New Jersey now. Even for competitive shooting. Good luck!!
Well actually i just did get a handgun permit, it wasnt all that hard, although it was a long wait. Fill out the form, pay the fee, get your fingerprints done for the background check, wait 2 months, pick up the permit. Haven't picked out a piece yet but wanted the option of being able to when i choose.
Your pistol purchase permit expires I hope you know.

I didn't realize they hold national championships for specific formations. Maybe we can dust off the old playbook and shoot for the wildcat national championship.

Hit it right on the nail head!

Source?

Originally posted by BROTHERSKINNY:

Source?

Crime rates per 100,000.

Violent Crime rate

Florida: 487.1
New Jersey: 290.2

Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter rate

Florida: 5.2
New Jersey: 4.4

Forcible rape rate

Florida: 27.2
New Jersey: 11.7

Robbery rate

Florida: 123.7
New Jersey: 128.4

Aggravated assault rate

Florida: 330.9
New Jersey: 145.7

Property crime rate

Florida: 3,276.7
New Jersey: 2,047.3

Burglary rate

Florida: 794.9
New Jersey: 477.6

Larceny-theft rate

Florida: 2288.6
New Jersey: 1383.7

Motor vehicle theft rate

Florida: 193.2
New Jersey: 185.9

http://www.ucrdatatool.gov/Search/Crime/State/OneYearofData.cfm

I always enjoy watching how people seem to get more stupid as the threads go on. This feverish preoccupation with "Florida vs. NJ" is a great example. It's about as pointless as anything could possibly be and speaks very specifically to a lack of understanding of the greater issues associated with crime.

It ain't about gun laws. It's about poverty. Period end.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT purchase a handgun without firing it and several other types first.

Until you've done a decent amount of shooting you have no idea what is good for YOU or not. Don't just say "this is what the FBI carries" or "the SEALS use this so it must be good".

Example: I am a mid-level qualifier with the standard issue M9. I am a much better shot with an old 1911. This is because I have the hands of a girl in seventh grade and the narrow single-stack fits my grip much better, even though the gun shoots a larger caliber round with a bigger kick.

So go to a range where you can rent several different weapons and test fire them all, see how they feel to you.

Originally posted by RU4Real:
I always enjoy watching how people seem to get more stupid as the threads go on. This feverish preoccupation with "Florida vs. NJ" is a great example. It's about as pointless as anything could possibly be and speaks very specifically to a lack of understanding of the greater issues associated with crime.

I agree

Originally posted by MYHATINTHERING:

I agree
Nuts?

Originally posted by RutgersRaRa:

Originally posted by MYHATINTHERING:

I agree
Nuts?
We've always thought so.

Those who prefer a smaller frame on their handguns should acquaint with the deeply historical Browning Hi-Power. It's outstanding.

No big deal.There are places that hold those championships all the time. Like this one where you Drink beer 'till 2:00 and then pistol 4:00 .

Originally posted by Skull83:
I didn't realize they hold national championships for specific formations. Maybe we can dust off the old playbook and shoot for the wildcat national championship.
Ha. Nice spin on a thread that has gone political.

Never trust liberal state crime stats. They are getting manipulated on the reg. California and Maryland are two shining examples.

Just imagine the headlines if Rutgers ever got a team together:
"AD Hermann supports gun violence"
"State University wants its students to shoot each other"
"Hermann quoted saying she wants Rutgers Death Squad to shoot up Star Ledger HQ"

Originally posted by NoLondonBroil:

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT purchase a handgun without firing it and several other types first.

Until you've done a decent amount of shooting you have no idea what is good for YOU or not. Don't just say "this is what the FBI carries" or "the SEALS use this so it must be good".

Example: I am a mid-level qualifier with the standard issue M9. I am a much better shot with an old 1911. This is because I have the hands of a girl in seventh grade and the narrow single-stack fits my grip much better, even though the gun shoots a larger caliber round with a bigger kick.

So go to a range where you can rent several different weapons and test fire them all, see how they feel to you.
thanks for the advice, i have been shooting since i was 5 years old though, so i have a pretty good idea of what i want

BIG difference;

Liberal New Jersey: permit required, background check required, wait TWO months, certify reason for permit. FORGET about a Carry Permit.

Free Florida; No permit required, no background check, no waiting, only reason needed is personal defense, Conceiled Permits Available.

All in all. I would rather be able to defend myself, than call the police and hope that they will arrive in time.

I still feel much safer in Florida, than I ever did in New Jersey. And that is fear from the government as well as the other criminals on the streets.

BIG difference;

Liberal New Jersey: permit required, background check required, wait TWO months, certify reason for permit. FORGET about a Carry Permit.

Free Florida; No permit required, no background check, no waiting, only reason needed is personal defense, Conceiled Permits Available.

All in all. I would rather be able to defend myself, than call the police and hope that they will arrive in time.

I still feel much safer in Florida, than I ever did in New Jersey. And that is fear from the government as well as the other criminals on the streets.
Just to clarify - of course a NICS is required.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT