ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Omoruyi sets decision date

Side note but when is Seton Hall going to up their recruiting from the garbage classes they've been settling on? Couldn't even get a sniff from cliff

Reactions: Scangg and Goku
Cliff, if you're reading this, you can bring some joy to a heartbroken fan base.

Cliff make Rutgers your Home ... there is no fan base who will love you more my young friend.

Reactions: wheezer
Yet somehow this year Seton Hall would have played in its fifth consecutive NCAA Tournament.
Results do matter in sports and Seton Hall has done a terrific job in recruiting.Pikiell for Rutgers has started the process of bringing in higher level talent as seen with this seasons results.

Results do matter in sports and Seton Hall has done a terrific job in recruiting.Pikiell for Rutgers has started the process of bringing in higher level talent as seen with this seasons results.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/all-teams/basketball

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019/all-teams/basketball

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/all-teams/basketball

You'd be surprised on how bad information continues to be circulated as fact when it actually isn't the case.

I know it's difficult to fathom but there are significant differences in how long it takes for a staff to find players and in most cases (not all), it's at least a year or two, to secure a recruit that fans believe are ranked high enough.

Here are the ratings on paper which I have always maintained are irrelevant, because they don't take into account transfers or grad transfers.....but the overall item is false that SHU has out recruited RU, it's simply false.

2018....RU 4 recruits....#28 nationally

2018....SHU 1 recruit......# 60th (tied)

2019.....RU 1 recruit.......#87th nationally

2019.....SHU 2 recruits.....#55th nationally

2020.....RU 3 recruits....#60th nationally

2020.....SHU 2 recruits.....#71st nationally

The point of this isn't to point out inaccurate rankings, but fans just believe a program has been recruiting well, when in fact it's kinda not as true as it appears to be.

The safest way to judge a program is simply to watch how they play, how do they perform and does the program have an identity..SHU has one and it's based on defense and playing tough and now RU has done and duplicated the same pattern of rebounding and defense.

RU (if they add Cliff) will see their 2020 recruiting ranking go up (way up..) Because 2019 on paper only adds 1 recruit (Mulcahy) based on recruiting rankings, doesn't appear to be as strong. However when you factor in Yeboah as a grad transfer and Jacob Young as a Top 150 kid as a transfer in, they're better on paper and RU has closed the gap on the court.

Factor in a good start for 2021, with Jaden Jones for RU, as a Top 75-100 range kid, and it's pretty certain RU is moving towards becoming a sustainable product on and off the court.

Last edited:
This whole situation will help us. Cliff has built a relationship with our players, who are heartbroken over meeting their goal, only to have the rug pulled out under them. Cliff will want to be a part of remedying that. M I Right?

Its obvious as hell it's Rutgers. The players aren't even tryna sell him anymore, like they already know. The walk on Nick Brooks already kinda gave it away..

At this point, why drag it out?
Hope he picks RU, but I am not all that big with this production stuff.

At this point, why drag it out?
Hope he picks RU, but I am not all that big with this production stuff.

I’m not big with it either but if he picks RU, the media hype around it will play in our favor. It will be huge local news during a time entirely devoid of any sports news.

Reactions: Scarlet83
SHU did not break any rules but they hired Tiny Morton who brought in Whitehead and Rodriguez. They also hired Antigua who coached Delgado on the Dominican team. Both left after a year or so. It was to many a bit unethical. Whitehead apparently received money twice before he joined the Nets. Willard and Holloway both were involved in phone conversations with Thompson before he was released from Syracuse and both were suspended for a while. These are some questionable activities. SHU loses Gill, Powell and McKnight which are probably 3 of their top 4 players. They will probably take a step back next season. Time will tell.

You're right..they wouldn't have such poor classes set up if they were paying compared to the guys now coming our way. Just the dirty recruiting violations then.
What dirty recruiting violations? Did they get a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA? I don't follow Seton Hall as closely as I do other programs.

Its obvious as hell it's Rutgers. The players aren't even tryna sell him anymore, like they already know. The walk on Nick Brooks already kinda gave it away..
Why does every prediction say ASU then?

Well then why don’t you explain how instead of assuming the board knows.

It’s gonna be a guy punch if we don’t land this kid. We really need him.

I mean, two guys who write for this site have entered picks for RU.

BUT this is basketball recruiting where things can, and often do, change quickly. Like with Montez Mathis for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: LC-88 and biazza38
I mean, two guys who write for this site have entered picks for ASU.

BUT this is basketball recruiting where things can, and often do, change quickly. Like with Montez Mathis for example.
You were spot on with the Montez Mathis recruiting. That was a crazy recruitment and it was awesome to see it break our way. Hopefully we get another one.

Reactions: Russ Wood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT