ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 MLB Playoffs Thread - Discussion, Betting, Predictions

I will half heartedly root for Arizona. Hate the Dodgers, Braves and Philthy, but if someone from the AL has to win it, the Astros will really set one fan group on fire.Look they're in the mix again with no cheating.

So the Dodgers bite the dust, too. I'm not surprised about the Dodgers, but still it's mind-boggling that two 100-win teams have been eliminated and that the third is on the brink.

• Wow
Reactions: Knight Shift
So the Dodgers bite the dust, too. I'm not surprised about the Dodgers, but still it's mind-boggling that two 100-win teams have been eliminated and that the third is on the brink.
Go Phils for the trifecta!!!

IIRC, a similar thing happened last year to the Braves and Dodgers, but Houston did win the World Series.

Go Phils for the trifecta!!!

IIRC, a similar thing happened last year to the Braves and Dodgers, but Houston did win the World Series.
You do recall correctly. And this year it will be the Dodgers, the Orioles, and, heaven willing, the Braves. It's not surprising that the format is being questioned. A bye is good in most sports, but not in baseball where hitters have to keep their batting eye and where pitchers need regular work. But I haven't heard a good alternative. When expansion comes, we will probably end up with 16 teams (half the majors!) in the playoffs and no byes.

You do recall correctly. And this year it will be the Dodgers, the Orioles, and, heaven willing, the Braves. It's not surprising that the format is being questioned. A bye is good in most sports, but not in baseball where hitters have to keep their batting eye and where pitchers need regular work. But I haven't heard a good alternative. When expansion comes, we will probably end up with 16 teams (half the majors!) in the playoffs and no byes.
As long as the Braves get screwed, I'm OK with the format! 🤭

Imagine my dismay, as a long-suffering Mets fan, that my son's roommate at college is from NJ and is a Braves fan. I walk into the dorm, see Braves stuff hanging on the wall, and I asked my son WTF is wrong with his friend (jesting, of course). The Braves are to the Mets what Penn State/Michigan/Ohio State are to Rutgers in football. So far ahead, and seems Mets will rarely if ever catch up. Kudos to the Phillies for getting as far as they have. Now, let's hope they get it done!!!!

As long as the Braves get screwed, I'm OK with the format! 🤭

Imagine my dismay, as a long-suffering Mets fan, that my son's roommate at college is from NJ and is a Braves fan. I walk into the dorm, see Braves stuff hanging on the wall, and I asked my son WTF is wrong with his friend (jesting, of course). The Braves are to the Mets what Penn State/Michigan/Ohio State are to Rutgers in football. So far ahead, and seems Mets will rarely if ever catch up. Kudos to the Phillies for getting as far as they have. Now, let's hope they get it done!!!!
You'll remember that TBS showed just about every Braves game for years, and so the Braves have a lot of fans across the country. That was true even when the Braves were terrible, but it's greater now because every team picks up fans when it's successful. Rutgers will, too -- if we keep winning, we'll become the NYC metropolitan area's team.

You'll remember that TBS showed just about every Braves game for years, and so the Braves have a lot of fans across the country. That was true even when the Braves were terrible, but it's greater now because every team picks up fans when it's successful. Rutgers will, too -- if we keep winning, we'll become the NYC metropolitan area's team.
Trifecta!!!

Both LCS go to a game 7 and it appears Texas is on their way to the WS if they can hang onto a 8-2 lead in this game 7. If they pull it out, the road team will have won each game in the series. Don’t know if that’s been done in a 7 game series before.

Reactions: Barnaby&Neill
Both LCS go to a game 7 and it appears Texas is on their way to the WS if they can hang onto a 8-2 lead in this game 7. If they pull it out, the road team will have won each game in the series. Don’t know if that’s been done in a 7 game series before.

Garcia has been unbelievable for the Rangers

Yes, the same thing happened in the 2019 World Series when Houston won all three games in D.C. and the Nationals won all four in Houston.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT