ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 NCAA Bowl Games Thread 12/16-1/1

Oklahoma has been dominant in stretches of this game, but they keep turning it over. They let Arizona hang around and now AZ is ahead.
6 turnovers.
Arizona Head Coach Jedd Fisch-Livingston, NJ native. Did not play football in HS or College. Played tennis.
Third year as HC:
1-11
5-7
10-3, beating Oklahoma in Alamo Bowl. Hell of a job for a guy with no experience in football as a player. An anomaly. @Plum Street , not bad, huh?

6 turnovers.
Arizona Head Coach Jedd Fisch-Livingston, NJ native. Did not play football in HS or College. Played tennis.
Third year as HC:
1-11
5-7
10-3, beating Oklahoma in Alamo Bowl. Hell of a job for a guy with no experience in football as a player. An anomaly. @Plum Street , not bad, huh?
Beat 5 top 25 opponents during the course of the year, including #11 and #12. Lost to 2 top 25 opponents, USC in 3 OTs and a 7 point loss to Washington. Only other loss was in OT to Miss State. Maybe the greatest rebuilding job in the last 25 years of college football given the history and state of the program when he took over.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Beat 5 top 25 opponents during the course of the year, including #11 and #12. Lost to 2 top 25 opponents, USC in 3 OTs and a 7 point loss to Washington. Only other loss was in OT to Miss State. Maybe the greatest rebuilding job in the last 25 years of college football given the history and state of the program when he took over.
Yes, quite an amazing job. IIRC, University of Arizona is having some very serious financial problems. Could see any number of teams making a run at Fisch.

Sun Bowl today...my favorite bowl. One of the rare non espn/abc bowls. Will the Big 10 ten ever get a tie in here?
I like the mountain that’s connected to the stadium - always scenic and the CBS music & announcers make it extra special

Alamo Bowl is the one I’d love to attend. San Antonio is a great city, Riverwalk is awesome, great weather, good eats and a lot of team related stuff leading up to the game

Sun Bowl is looking at the Big 12 or Big 10 for the replacement for the Pac 12 but I guess every bowl is in a holding pattern until they collectively figure things out

yes love the beauty of the stadium sitting in the mountains

and it beats gloomy bronx
Agree about the Bronx and passed by that stadium many years ago, never in it, though I wasn't impressed with El Paso itself, small town in the middle of nowhere.

I wonder if that SMU fan that got angry on Twitter was one of the 13 people in attendance at Fenway during that driving rain storm
I just find it unreal than any RU fan would root for BC. That is like rooting for Russia during the cold war. Dude is class A douche

Reactions: bac2therac
Wisconsin up 14-0 on LSU with no Daniels. LSU TO converted to a TD 2 plays later.

Oregon and Liberty at the Fiesta about to start.

Liberty TD after a good drive. Good pinpoint throw by Salter. 6-0 after missed XP

Wisky 21-14 with 35 seconds left in the half. They are a different team with their starting QB, though he played against Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT