ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 Philadelphia Eagles Off Season Thread

And yet it still doesn't make the Giants any better.
You are correct but misery loves company. 😎 I'm betting the Giants turn this around quicker than the Eagles. From a Super Bowl appearance last season and a 10-0 start this season, their fall from grace is monumental. They will strip it down big time starting with their chickie armed QB. As Mr. TV used to say,"You can take it to the bank".

You are correct but misery loves company. 😎 I'm betting the Giants turn this around quicker than the Eagles. From a Super Bowl appearance last season and a 10-0 start this season, their fall from grace is monumental. They will strip it down big time starting with their chickie armed QB. As Mr. TV used to say,"You can take it to the bank".

Since I live in Philly I have no choice but to watch the only game in their time slot. From game 1 you knew that they weren't the same team as they struggled against the Patriots. At 5-0 they lost to the Jets. They struggled to win against crappy teams but that was hidden by a win against the Chiefs. Then two weeks later got demolished by the 49ers and never won again. The downfall wasn't a surprise at all.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
The team has talent. I think Sirianni made a lot of critical mistakes with his coaching and coaching staff this season. I was not impressed with either O or D even when we were winning so not surprised it turned south (although I didn't think it would go this bad, so quickly!). I support moving on from Nick but please make sure we keep Jeff Stoutland!

Reactions: RU Cheese
That's a terrible bet. The Giants management is incapable of turning this around. Jones' contract is a disaster, they simply refuse to build an oline capable of protecting any quarterback. Their best offensive weapon is leaving because of all this ineptitude. I am no hater. I see a lot of great pieces in NY, and I love Daboll. But you can't possibly disagree. They can't get out of their own way.

I think the Eagles lines are going to be very old, very quickly, that probably showed the last few games too as they got beat up. They have a lot of guys who have been playing for 12-13 years. Could be awhile before they get back to the superbowl, and at this rate, I don't see any NFC East team getting there anytime soon unless Dallas can find a way not to choke in the playoffs every year.

Feel bad for all of you Eagles fans. Historic collapse.

I don’t !

Happy Smiley Face GIF by ADAC

I think the Eagles lines are going to be very old, very quickly, that probably showed the last few games too as they got beat up. They have a lot of guys who have been playing for 12-13 years. Could be awhile before they get back to the superbowl, and at this rate, I don't see any NFC East team getting there anytime soon unless Dallas can find a way not to choke in the playoffs every year.
I don't know if you can say that about the OL with guys like Dickerson, Juergens and Mailata. Kelce will retire, but Johnson is still in his prime. The problem is by the nature of that position, guys get banged up and you need depth. The Eagles lost some depth there in free agency last offseason that needs to be restored. It's amazing what Kelce was able to do in terms of durability and playing at a high level throughout his career.

D-Line, yes, older there but they need the Georgia guys to commit to being better. That means being in better shape so you don't hit a wall during the season. One thing I am confident in is that Roseman won't sit on his ass and will be aggressive in trying to address needs.

Reactions: newell138
I don't know if you can say that about the OL with guys like Dickerson, Juergens and Mailata. Kelce will retire, but Johnson is still in his prime. The problem is by the nature of that position, guys get banged up and you need depth. The Eagles lost some depth there in free agency last offseason that needs to be restored. It's amazing what Kelce was able to do in terms of durability and playing at a high level throughout his career.

D-Line, yes, older there but they need the Georgia guys to commit to being better. That means being in better shape so you don't hit a wall during the season. One thing I am confident in is that Roseman won't sit on his ass and will be aggressive in trying to address needs.
Johnson was a revolving door these past 5 games or so. He was terrible ( to his standards) last night. That O-line was terrific last year.

Johnson was a revolving door these past 5 games or so. He was terrible ( to his standards) last night. That O-line was terrific last year.
Prime may have been a little strong a word choice but I would still take him over many other OL. That said, who knows where his head is at right now? He could follow Kelce.

That's a terrible bet. The Giants management is incapable of turning this around. Jones' contract is a disaster, they simply refuse to build an oline capable of protecting any quarterback. Their best offensive weapon is leaving because of all this ineptitude. I am no hater. I see a lot of great pieces in NY, and I love Daboll. But you can't possibly disagree. They can't get out of their own way.
The Jones contract is a major issue for one more year I think. If they get the QB available they want in the draft then I'm sure the Oline will be addressed with next several draft picks. Losing Barkley to me isn't a big deal at this point in his career, he has a lot of mileage. They'll sign a free agent at that position I'm sure. With few exceptions NFL teams have a small window to maintain a talent advantage over division rivals and I think the Eagles are very close to tearing it all down and starting over as they've been the class of the NFC East for many years.

The Jones contract is a major issue for one more year I think. If they get the QB available they want in the draft then I'm sure the Oline will be addressed with next several draft picks. Losing Barkley to me isn't a big deal at this point in his career, he has a lot of mileage. They'll sign a free agent at that position I'm sure. With few exceptions NFL teams have a small window to maintain a talent advantage over division rivals and I think the Eagles are very close to tearing it all down and starting over as they've been the class of the NFC East for many years.
I think the Giants have more work to do than the Eagles. I know the late season collapse looks like sh$t, I get it.

But you guys won only 6 games and weren’t even close to the playoffs. The funny thing is that the same things that were being posted by Giants fans after the Eagles won the 2017 Superbowl, I’m seeing here. The Eagles faltered and rebuilt to another Super Bowl appearance. And the Giants continue to rebuild… I still like Philly’s roster better.

It's amazing to me that the Oline was never really addressed. Throwing a first round pick at something that is so poor isn't going to fix the problem, even worse when that person isn't successful at all.

Jones....Howell.....Dak.....Hurts are all successful or not due to their offensive line. This isn't rocket science.

I think the Giants have more work to do than the Eagles. I know the late season collapse looks like sh$t, I get it.

But you guys won only 6 games and weren’t even close to the playoffs. The funny thing is that the same things that were being posted by Giants fans after the Eagles won the 2017 Superbowl, I’m seeing here. The Eagles faltered and rebuilt to another Super Bowl appearance. And the Giants continue to rebuild… I still like Philly’s roster better.
Fair enough.

Something happened to this team after the 49ers destroyed them. They never recovered. The game against TB was shocking in that the Bucs ran the same blitzes again and again- the Eagles never adjusted their offense.

The other thing was Jalen Hurts. Not a leader when things are going bad.

The way that most of the roster contracts are structured, the Eagles winning window closes after next season. After that, they enter cap hell.

Teams change year to year in the NFL especially due to the cap. I agree that given current state especially QB, that the Giants have more work to do. Think we have to first wait to see who leaves/retires in the offseason though for all the dust to settle. As an example for instance, Kelce is rumored to retire.

Teams change year to year in the NFL especially due to the cap. I agree that given current state especially QB, that the Giants have more work to do. Think we have to first wait to see who leaves/retires in the offseason though for all the dust to settle. As an example for instance, Kelce is rumored to retire.
Agreed.

Something happened to this team after the 49ers destroyed them. They never recovered. The game against TB was shocking in that the Bucs ran the same blitzes again and again- the Eagles never adjusted their offense.

The way that most of the roster contracts are structured, the Eagles winning window closes after next season. After that, they enter cap hell.
Somewhat agree.

But they were playing poorly for weeks before that. They made barely enough plays to escape with wins.

Their record was smoke and mirrors almost from the start.

More than anything, they need an offensive coordinator with more creativity. More motion. More formations. More shifts. More personnel groupings. Anything but simply trotting out “11” personnel from 2x2 sets 90% of the time.

I posted after the 49ers game that I'd be very worried if I was an Eagles fan. It wasn't a legendary prediction like @Plum Street but was on the money.

The blitz response was key driver on my earlier comment on coaching / scheme. The AJ Brown injury also really hurt them because the fade / back shoulder fade would've drasticallly reduced how often TB blitzed.

Reactions: Plum Street
Somewhat agree.

But they were playing poorly for weeks before that. They made barely enough plays to escape with wins.

Their record was smoke and mirrors almost from the start.

More than anything, they need an offensive coordinator with more creativity. More motion. More formations. More shifts. More personnel groupings. Anything but simply trotting out “11” personnel from 2x2 sets 90% of the time.
Nailed it

I posted after the 49ers game that I'd be very worried if I was an Eagles fan. It wasn't a legendary prediction like @Plum Street but was on the money.

The blitz response was key driver on my earlier comment on coaching / scheme. The AJ Brown injury also really hurt them because the fade / back shoulder fade would've drasticallly reduced how often TB blitzed.
If you posted on a eagles site , it would have been legendary !!

And he was usually dead wrong.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT