ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 5-star center from Auburn opt out of the NCAA tournament

What a joke.

But it makes me appreciate our team that much more, kids playing through injuries, heartbroken that we aren't in the dance. Hopefully everyone is coming tomorrow night to support them

Also, why opt out of the NCAA tourney? Why not opt out of the SEC tourney? Or part of the regular season?

What a joke.

But it makes me appreciate our team that much more, kids playing through injuries, heartbroken that we aren't in the dance. Hopefully everyone is coming tomorrow night to support them

Also, why opt out of the NCAA tourney? Why not opt out of the SEC tourney? Or part of the regular season?

Or just go to the G League out of HS.

this is funny but if he doesnt come from wealthy family and has been guaranteed that he would be a lottery pick, You cant blame the kid for trying to make sure he gets drafted without any injuries... 1 and done or 2 and done, whatever it may be, at the end all these kids goals are getting to NBA.

Wow NVM

So apparently this kid was the 3rd string center. He's not even that good and barely plays.

Crazy what headlines can do to twist a narrative and spread BS. This is irrelevant news. Complete non-story. He isn't a big part of the team and is now just done w college. Like the kid from last year on our team. Forget the name.

Last edited:
The kid averaged 9 minutes, 2.2 points and 1.5 rebounds a game.
That's worth 5 to 10 million dollars ????

Honestly, I did not look at his stats and never heard of him. I assumed he was forecasted to be a high First Round pick. The 10th pick last year made about $5 million per year based on the rookie salary scale.

If he is the 20th pick, he could make about $3 million pee year.

Honestly, I did not look at his stats and never heard of him. I assumed he was forecasted to be a high First Round pick. The 10th pick last year made about $5 million per year based on the rookie salary scale.

If he is the 20th pick, he could make about $3 million pee year.
Only 60 players in the world will get drafted. Not sure if those stats project him to be going in the first round.

The kid averaged 9 minutes, 2.2 points and 1.5 rebounds a game.
That's worth 5 to 10 million dollars ????

Maybe the NBA scouts are more impressed by his 19% three point shooting and his 34% foul shooting...

Seriously though, he came to America from France at age 17 to play ball so I assume he's not eligible for any NIL money... Maybe he or his family needs the money from a professional basketball career (NBA or other) sooner rather than later..

You'd think someone scoring 2 points a game might need the opportunity to showcase his skills

This better not become a trend like football and bowl games

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
You'd think someone scoring 2 points a game might need the opportunity to showcase his skills

He doesn't seem to be on any recent mock drafts. I don't think the NBA does any pre-draft stuff until much later anyways. I don't think the NBA wants this kind of thing to happen. They want players to get exposure during March Madness and come into the draft with max hype.

Off topic - but I've always thought it was really stupid of NBA teams when they drafted guys higher because of how they did in the NCAA tournament. Like those 2-3-4 tournament games were more important to their NBA stock than everything else prior to that. I think this is entirely a thing with poorly run NBA franchises.

I doubt it will be. Teams aren't going to spend a ton of draft capital on someone who shows nothing. If he's not even getting playing time in college, how is he going to get it in the NBA? Maybe he's a late first round stash in the G League based on potential, at best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT