ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Amy Shumer at Charlie Sheen roast

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
So while watching some comedy vignettes on Youtube while watching the Yankee game (w sound off), I stumble on 'Inside Amy Shumer', which IMO is better than Seinfelds 'Comedians in cars getting Coffee'.

Then I stumbled on this comedy gold :

Her show is very hit or miss, IMO, but she's great in Trainwreck...

That's interesting. I think her TV show is bordering on brilliant (watch "12 Angry Men" episode or "Tiaras and Toddlers") but thought she watered down her comedy in 'Trainwreck' for wider audience acceptance.

Patrice had a stroke and died that same year.

Say what you want but I think jokes about specific people dying are not tasteful. General comedy about dying is fine but not when it targets people. Steve O was not amused about the joke about his friend's death.

I just didn't find what she was saying all that funny, although obviously Mike Tyson did.

hilarious but could have done without the Steve O joke

Say what you want but I think jokes about specific people dying are not tasteful. General comedy about dying is fine but not when it targets people. Steve O was not amused about the joke about his friend's death.

I agree, Steve O was pissed, I hope he told her afterwards that dissing him is fine, but talking about his friend who died like that wasn't funny.

Jerry Seinfeld & Chris Rock have had it with Political Correctness :

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/10/opinions/obeidallah-jerry-seinfeld/
Of course they are - because they are old guys who don't feel like changing with the times. Im sure there were plenty of old time comedians in when Seinfeld was coming up who were pissed they couldn't make anti-Semitic jokes anymore or white guys when Chris Rock was fresh who were still pissed that they could say n*gger as part of a bit.

And Im not sure what that has to do with anything. No on here made any comments about the non-PC black guy raised by his grandma joke that Schumer made. The comments are about her talking about a guys dead friend - I would hardly call that an issue of political correctness - its just a matter of common decency and whether you think even a shred of that applies at a Comedy Central roast.

Reactions: mal359
I have Amy's show on a season pass on Tivo - worth watching.....

Those are great jokes. Maybe not for you but lots of us like them. I just listened to a guy talking to his 8 year old kid. He asked the kid to tell everyone who his grandparents were. After the kid answered, he asked why one set of grandparents died. The uncle interrupted, "because they didn't want to meet you" The kid laughed his ass off.

Larry the Cable Guy, Jerry Seinfeld, and Chris Rock have ALL said they will no longer perform at colleges because of the hypersensitive PC crowds.
When a redneck, a jew, and a black guy all think you're too uptight... you're probably too uptight.

Larry the Cable Guy, Jerry Seinfeld, and Chris Rock have ALL said they will no longer perform at colleges because of the hypersensitive PC crowds.
When a redneck, a jew, and a black guy all think you're too uptight... you're probably too uptight.

Even Bill Maher who's about as Left leaning as you get has said the same thing.

She was funny but the introduction she got was hilarious
Its one of those - who's laughing now things. At the time she WAS basically a nobody - and now just a few years later, shes basically the biggest female comic out there.

That's interesting. I think her TV show is bordering on brilliant (watch "12 Angry Men" episode or "Tiaras and Toddlers") but thought she watered down her comedy in 'Trainwreck' for wider audience acceptance.

I agree. Trainwreck was just that. Very disappointing. Amy Schumer is very funny and her show is much better than the movie.

----------
That one joke should not have been said....you can be crude to your target in so many ways at these roasts, but I would not think bringing up a friends death is one of them....put yourself in the same situation with a friend you cared about and play that joke out in your mind, and see how it feels, especially if you are not expecting it

There is being too PC, we all get that, but that does not give one a "anything goes" platform....it should be almost anything......are we going to claim that we are too sensitive when something like this is said in public?

Oh no! Washed up comedians who from the 1990's who aren't funny won't come to colleges! What ever shall we do?

Oh no! Washed up comedians who from the 1990's who aren't funny won't come to colleges! What ever shall we do?

Is it your position is that the direction of PC/sensitivity on college campuses is heading in the right direction?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT