ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Any advice on buying USC away game tix? StubHub wanted a $98 per ticket fee

any advice on buying USC game tix? StubHub wanted a $98 per ticket fee.. on $278 tickets. That just doesn't seem right.. or fair.
Yes.
1. Wait for them to go on sale through USC. Unfortunately, they do not give a date. We got better deals for Wisconsin game last year and Boston College game 2 or 3 years ago buying direct from the schools. I don't need a lecture about "helping their ticket office." Fact is, we got less expensive seats in better sections.

Right now, don't see an on sale date. We are waiting on tickets for USC and Va Tech. May buy our USC tix on Ticketmaster- see below.

2. Ticketmaster has a selection of seats.

Stubhub has been rapcious with the fees
ended up using SeatGeek... similar per ticket fee.. $90.. but the tix were slightly less.

Guessing it is just the way it is. These companies make deals to control the ticket sales.. then follow each other's leads in raising fee prices.

ended up using SeatGeek... similar per ticket fee.. $90.. but the tix were slightly less.

Guessing it is just the way it is. These companies make deals to control the ticket sales.. then follow each other's leads in raising fee prices.

Buying tickets well in advance of an event will guarantee fee punishment.
Last year I was looking at a near event and a search brought a bunch of tickets for around $90.
Clicking on seats would then show $40-50 in "fees."
I'm waiting to buy a $9 wedge at a deli and then having to pay a $3 service charge on top.

Reactions: Local Shill
Yes.
1. Wait for them to go on sale through USC. Unfortunately, they do not give a date. We got better deals for Wisconsin game last year and Boston College game 2 or 3 years ago buying direct from the schools. I don't need a lecture about "helping their ticket office." Fact is, we got less expensive seats in better sections.

Right now, don't see an on sale date. We are waiting on tickets for USC and Va Tech. May buy our USC tix on Ticketmaster- see below.

2. Ticketmaster has a selection of seats.

VT & USC? You following me & @RUScrew85 around? Those are our 2 away games too!

If you want the best seats in the stadium get them on your own. If you want to travel 6 hours by plane and sit in the worst seats possible get them thru Rutgers.
Unfortunately that is true in the Coliseum. Away Team tickets are stuck in the far corner of the stadium well beyond the end zone.

If you want the best seats in the stadium get them on your own. If you want to travel 6 hours by plane and sit in the worst seats possible get them thru Rutgers.
I always tickets on my own, right behind the team bench, after being saddled with nosebleed seats bought through Rutgers at Ohio State and Penn State.

Me and Mrs. Shift are thinking of renting a cabin/house in the Topanga Hills for USC. We can look for a place with a free bed for you and a free couch for @RUScrew85 to sleep while we are at the game. 😜

Aww, thanks. We've got the Santa Monica Hilton booked for 3 nights then we take off for a road trip ending with us flying home from Dallas a week later

I always tickets on my own, right behind the team bench, after being saddled with nosebleed seats bought through Rutgers at Ohio State and Penn State.

I remember going to a RU game vs Fresno (pre expansion) with seats in the visitor section right near the portable toilets on a hot day. PU!

any advice on buying USC game tix? StubHub wanted a $98 per ticket fee.. on $278 tickets. That just doesn't seem right.. or fair.
I Think You Should Leave Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

Reactions: RuSnp
TickPick has no fees but limited selection
SeatGeek has decent deflection and decent or sometimes no fees
StubHub has a huge selection and outrageous fees

For a stadium as big as the coliseum, wait until closer to game time
It won't be sold out and they just put in that new club section on the sidelines

Like KS said, single game tix should go on sale sometime in May
They use Pacolian as their ticketing system so you'll get to pick an exact location

If you're inclined to collect ticket stubs, one thing I recommend doing is getting the tickets off the secondary market, and buying a cheapie or 2 through the school's website

Then pick them up at the will call window so you have the physical tickets as a memory of attending

I'm fairly confident the game won't be a sellout. Since I'll likely just need two tickets, I'll bargain hunt for halfway decent seats once I get to California.

Haven't checked RU vs USC, but I have used https://gametime.co/ in the past with success. Their fees seem to be a little less than others and they have an "All-in Pricing" button that will show the total price of the tickets before you get to checkout.

But like others said, you are likely to get better prices the close you get to the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT