ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone ever work at Wawa? Are you encouraged to sing?

mikershoein

All American
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2006
I travel all over PA, MD, NJ and VA, and visit wawa's all over to get a quick cup of coffee. For some reason, almost 80 % of the time, some employee is singing. Today the nice lady changing the Hazelnut brew had a voice like Peter Brady when he was going thru puberty.

Is this encouraged in the hiring process?

I worked at a Wawa in VA while I was in college. No one sang. We left that to Backstreet Boys cd that management left on repeat 24/7 for 6 months.

I spent summers during my college years working the night shift at a Wawa in Cape May County.
I talked to myself but no singing.

I don't know what it is, but I always see it. Maybe I better start to log the locations to see if there is a pattern.

Maybe the OP was talking about Cold Stone singing, or welcoming to Waffle House?

WaWa on Rt 35 Hazlet - Girl on morning shift register sings every day. She's pretty good and an amazing number of customers get in on it.

WaWa on Rt 35 Hazlet - Girl on morning shift register sings every day. She's pretty good and an amazing number of customers get in on it.

she is the best and a very nice woman. I go there a few times a week before work. The customers all love her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT