ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Big Ten 10k/5k

Rutgers last:

104176118_10157934234074022_6284055210616694132_n.jpg

After three weeks of registrations for the 2020 VIRTUAL BTN Big 10K, here is our first Registration Leaderboard!

Michigan State (19%) is currently in first place with an impressive 7% lead over Michigan in second (12%). Illinois has finished first or second in registration every year of the BTN Big 10K, but the new virtual race format has erased their geographical advantage and they’re currently sitting right behind the Wolverines in third (11%). Ohio State (10%) and Wisconsin (8%) round out the top five. All other schools are within 5% of each other so it’s still anyone’s game!

The 2020 VIRTUAL BTN Big 10K is open to everyone across the country! Register today at https://btnbig10k.com/ and help your school win our Registration Leaderboard!

That sucks.

I'll probably sign up for the 10k.

Probably doing a 12hr race the weekend before but $20 for a Rutgers shirt/bib and buff is too good to pass up.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Tomorrow is the last day to register to guarantee that you'll get a Rutgers shirt. Not sure how hard and fast that is considering our participation is lagging.

Reactions: Rutgers8086
Anyone get their swag / instructions on how to upload your time? I've gotten nothing yet.

Log into your participant account to download your virtual bib, sync your device if you are using one, and instructions on logging your time. https://btnbig10k.com/

When I logged into my account, I don't see anything about downloading a virtual bib or logging time. It just has "coming soon. connect with your wearables."

No swag in the mail yet either.

Log into your participant account to download your virtual bib, sync your device if you are using one, and instructions on logging your time. https://btnbig10k.com/
Thanks - that worked. They're obviously not sending the shirts/buffs out in one big mailing. A friend who registered about a week after I did just got his yesterday.

I think the participation could have been higher in places farther away from Chicago if they had publicized this event a little better. This is the first year I'm able to do it as we have not been able to make the trip to Chicago for this. I actually only heard that this was still going on this year, and would be virtual, through a friend.

When I logged into my account, I don't see anything about downloading a virtual bib or logging time. It just has "coming soon. connect with your wearables."

No swag in the mail yet either.
Once you log into your account, go to menu button in upper left and then from the tabs select "Your Registrations", click on your name/race name in the body of the page and you will your bib number and a button to click for "Get your virtual bib". It also notes on that page that you will be able to submit your results after Sunday July 26.

Once you log into your account, go to menu button in upper left and then from the tabs select "Your Registrations", click on your name/race name in the body of the page and you will your bib number and a button to click for "Get your virtual bib". It also notes on that page that you will be able to submit your results after Sunday July 26.

Thanks.

And I got my swag today. Nice shirt!

It is nice swag. Got it yesterday and wore the shirt for a run this morning which was a mistake considering size of the print on the shirt which makes less surface area for the material to breathe. Love the shirt, but going not wear it during a heatwave anymore.

Since the pandemic started and I've been working at home, I've had time to start running again. I haven't run in 15 years, but I'm slowly building up. I plan to do the 5K on Sunday. I plan on wearing the shirt no matter how hot it is.

Did my 5K on the Spring Lake boardwalk. A bit on the hot/humid side, but finished nevertheless. Love the shirt!

116443027_10157862363433600_5700282030238653323_n.jpg
Brutal week to have to do this - nice job. I'm thinking of doing mine Wednesday morning since it may be the coolest time of the coming week. My 6.5m yesterday was miserable at the end.

My son and I are signed up for the 5K. I'm waiting till after Tuesday to hopefully get a bit more reasonable weather. Plan on running the reservoir in West Orange then hitting McCloones for a cold one afterwards.

I went out for my regular Monday run and was feeling pretty good despite the heat/dew point. So I timed a 5k and was pleasantly surprised at 28:15, not that far off my latest 5k actual race time. Yesterday I was almost 2 min slower so it's looking like my stake in the ground will be it. I'll give it another shot Saturday morning but the weather is not looking too conducive.

Reactions: Rutgers8086
Ya gotta love virtual races.

I just looked at the results page for the 5k and the fastest finisher was a 73 y/o (initials DK, representing Purdue) who ran 15:25, or 4:58/mile! Now if that sounds kind of fast, it is. In fact, the world record 5k time for runners in the 70-80 age range is 18:21 by the legendary Ed Whitlock.

My hope would be this was a data entry error - if not, shame on DK.

We ran the 5K last Thursday around the reservoir in South Mountain Reservation in West Orange. Very warm and humid. I sweated a ton so we retreated to McCloones for a few cold ones to re-hydrate.

Ya gotta love virtual races.

I just looked at the results page for the 5k and the fastest finisher was a 73 y/o (initials DK, representing Purdue) who ran 15:25, or 4:58/mile! Now if that sounds kind of fast, it is. In fact, the world record 5k time for runners in the 70-80 age range is 18:21 by the legendary Ed Whitlock.

My hope would be this was a data entry error - if not, shame on DK.

Haha.
It's crazy how much people are cheating at these virtual races.
Just to post on social media about their fauxdium placement.

Is there a way to see the results without participating?

This link may eventually have the results (it says "processing" now):

https://www.athlinks.com/event/18824/results/Event/930743/Results

At this point, I think you have to be a participant to see them. Log in and go to your Participant Account, Your Registration, See your finisher details, Go to results page, Back to all results. Whew! They don't make it easy. The website $ucks.

Thanks. The website is not easy to navigate. I was able to find my personal results, which I knew already. I wanted to see how I compare against my age group, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT