ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Carli Lloyd- Rutgers GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has the fake, right?

1125x2436.jpeg.92586c62442a4682a4ae2ea3907fcf5a.large

1242x2688.jpeg.51c6f160e6bd4d14b97304e201a5b155.large

First one doesn’t have her on it and then after some blowback they reissue it with her up top.

Not sure that's the order. I think, but am not positive, that the picture of the complete team was first and then someone did the doctored version omitting Lloyd came later. Asshole move whatever order they were done.

ironic and yet you don't even realize how your response is ironic. I will be that guy, a lot more of us out there as evidenced by the paltry numbers of viewers and online support indicators. FK them and their bigoted and narrow minded viewpoints. Glad they were embarrassed, Karma is a bi$tch
Definitely not more of "you" anywhere ...not in this country, anyway.

An ancient and endangered species.

Apparently the members of this team are more adult than some of the posters here.

LLoyd and Rapinoe seemed genuinely thrilled for each other when they scored their goals - as evidenced by the post-goal embraces.

LLoyd herself stated that the team had no problems with their different stances during the ceremonies. They knew they had each other's backs, and they accepted that all had their own way of expressing their views.

To be fair she has played professionally for more than 11 years. The opportunities for women haven’t been as great as the men. Winning World Cups and being named the FIFA player of the year is better than any of the achievements of the men you listed.
Who was their competition?

Who was their competition?
The rest of the world. And she was arguably the best player on every team she was on. Two Olympic gold metals. 2 World Cup wins. 2 time FIFA player of the year. While at Rutgers she was the first Rutgers athlete male or female to be all Big East all 4 years. Left Rutgers as the all time leader in goals and totals points. Now do the guys you mentioned.

ironic and yet you don't even realize how your response is ironic. I will be that guy, a lot more of us out there as evidenced by the paltry numbers of viewers and online support indicators. FK them and their bigoted and narrow minded viewpoints. Glad they were embarrassed, Karma is a bi$tch

Definitely don't be this guy. We are all Americans.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Apparently the members of this team are more adult than some of the posters here.

LLoyd and Rapinoe seemed genuinely thrilled for each other when they scored their goals - as evidenced by the post-goal embraces.

LLoyd herself stated that the team had no problems with their different stances during the ceremonies. They knew they had each other's backs, and they accepted that all had their own way of expressing their views.

This 100%.

The rest of the world. And she was arguably the best player on every team she was on. Two Olympic gold metals. 2 World Cup wins. 2 time FIFA player of the year. While at Rutgers she was the first Rutgers athlete male or female to be all Big East all 4 years. Left Rutgers as the all time leader in goals and totals points. Now do the guys you mentioned.
Sue Wicks still beats her for just the Rutgers part.

But as I said earlier for overall resume Carli wins.

Reactions: Section124
Sue Wicks still beats her for just the Rutgers part.

But as I said earlier for overall resume Carli wins.
Agree on Sue Wicks. 3 time All American and Naismith winner. No arguing there. Sue was a class mate of mine and I have always been a big fan.

what you are missing is there are 32 professional football teams.. and 30 MLB teams... there is ONE USWNST
And I love Deron but he was on one of the worst NFL team ever. People act like KC fans are so great. Their attendance was garbage late 70's - mid-80's.

And I love Deron but he was on one of the worst NFL team ever. People act like KC fans are so great. Their attendance was garbage late 70's - mid-80's.
But he's on that special NFL 75th Anniversary team, no? That's kind of a big deal.
Agree on Sue Wicks. 3 time All American and Naismith winner. No arguing there. Sue was a class mate of mine and I have always been a big fan.
Mine too.

And again everyone, I'm just making the apples to apples (or Scarlet Knight to Scarlet Knight if you will 😉 ) comparsion here.

They won 44 games in a row against the best the World could offer and she was the top player in that span of those games.
She was playing on the equivalent of the Dream Team in mens basketball. America in both sports were far better than the rest of the world during each sports run. I wasn't impressed that Bird and Jordan won gold medals. Weren't they supposed too?

This article - a great article by the way - is dated October 15. But which year? Is it from 2019 or earlier? Or from last season?

In any event, from reading it, I assume that she is already in the RU HOF. If not, that should definitely happen this fall, especially if she is retiring from the national team. What she did in the first few minutes of the FIFA World Cup Championship game against Japan was unparalleled, in my opinion, in the annals of sport. That was simply amazing.

This article - a great article by the way - is dated October 15. But which year? Is it from 2019 or earlier? Or from last season?

In any event, from reading it, I assume that she is already in the RU HOF. If not, that should definitely happen this fall, especially if she is retiring from the national team. What she did in the first few minutes of the FIFA World Cup Championship game against Japan was unparalleled, in my opinion, in the annals of sport. That was simply amazing.
The context of the article makes it clear that it is from 2018, as she is training for the 2019 WWC.

But he's on that special NFL 75th Anniversary team, no? That's kind of a big deal.
yes.. Deron might be one with a real argument. Many all-pro teams too. But don't you think Carli Lloyd's accomplishments will stand the test of time toward being named in a 50-75-Century team?

yes.. Deron might be one with a real argument. Many all-pro teams too. But don't you think Carli Lloyd's accomplishments will stand the test of time toward being named in a 50-75-Century team?
All I have been saying in this thread is…what did she do while here?

And when you just use that, Sue Wicks is still #1.

Carli aside, they’re very easy to root against
very easy, some of my moderate left acquaintances even admitted rooting against them. The only ones vehemently on their side appears to be libtards, flamers/alt crowd, and the sheeple afraid to be branded anti some group for not supporting them.

couldn't be happier that they were embarrassed on a national stage. You just couldn't root them given their bigoted attitudes

• Haha
Reactions: Foads and HPNJRUfan
very easy, some of my moderate left acquaintances even admitted rooting against them. The only ones vehemently on their side appears to be libtards, flamers/alt crowd, and the sheeple afraid to be branded anti some group for not supporting them.

couldn't be happier that they were embarrassed on a national stage. You just couldn't root them given their bigoted attitudes
Gee I wonder if I am a libtard, flamer/alt or sheeple?

She was playing on the equivalent of the Dream Team in mens basketball. America in both sports were far better than the rest of the world during each sports run. I wasn't impressed that Bird and Jordan won gold medals. Weren't they supposed too?
Wow, if you are not impressed by Lloyds career really isn’t much to say then. I think something going on here than just sports.

Wow, if you are not impressed by Lloyds career really isn’t much to say then. I think something going on here than just sports.
I think the point @WhiteBus is trying to make is that it’s a bigger deal when they lose than when they win. They were just on a different level than everyone else.

When haven’t they been the favorite?

Losing in the semis to Canada - CANADA - was/is flat-out embarrassing. Carli would likely be the first to admit as much.

Losing in the semis to Canada - CANADA - was/is flat-out embarrassing. Carli would likely be the first to admit as much.
Losing 1-0 to the eventual Gold Medal - GOLD MEDAL - winner, is not embarrassing in any universe with which I am familiar.

And no, Carli would not disrespect an opponent by saying that losing to them was an embarrassment.

Carli aside, they’re very easy to root against
Rooting against team USA seems pretty unpatriotic to me.

If you want to disagree with the political views Of certain individuals on the team and how they choose to express them, fine. This is America and we’re allowed to do that. But don’t root against the overall team’s success

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT