ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cobra Kai

Think some who are not liking the show need to take it for what it is worth. It is a fun to watch show, a bit campy at times which you have to laugh at. This season really gets into the back stories, which I loved. When this board has had topics of favorite lines from Movies/TV shows I am telling you I could fill a page just on these three seasons.

Who doesn’t like it? My only complaint is the need for more episodes.

He does. I thought he was in his early 50s. I looked it up and saw 60 and I’m like pretty good. Johnny is 4 years younger but he looks a bit older than Ralph.
Machio looked 15 in My Cousin Vinnie. The guy has had a very good career. Long stabile marriage and family life who lives on Long Island. What cracks me up is we have a bunch of board posters criticizing . We all over 50 years of age need to take a good look in the mirror. Walk around SHI stadium or Jersey Mikes Arena it’s scary sometimes the condition of some.

Haven't seen this reboot...but, how is the Dr. Smith character?...still conniving like the original male version?
I just started watching season 1 and she is a conniving type. Haven’t seen the original but do know the doctor character was a bad guy and she definitely falls into that category through a few episodes.

I do get the feel they may be setting her up to be a sympathetic character at times but conniving nonetheless.

I just started watching season 1 and she is a conniving type. Haven’t seen the original but do know the doctor character was a bad guy and she definitely falls into that category through a few episodes.

I do get the feel they may be setting her up to be a sympathetic character at times but conniving nonetheless.
No one will ever duplicate the character of Dr. Zachary Smith so we’ll played by the late Johnathan Harris. Such a fine actor especially in this part .

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I waited a long time for the new season of L I S… For me it’s gone off the rails, can’t even watch.
Less is more,
Sorry to say I really liked the first two seasons but season three has lost me.

Reactions: zappaa
In other shows, the new season of Dexter, Dexter New Blood has been absolutely great imho. One more episode to go.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
It’s entertaining and worth the binge but probably my least favorite of the three seasons. At times it felt like Saved By The Bell only with karate/violence as the theme. I started watching the series “Warrior” on HBO Max and it’s fantastic. I think it’s based on Bruce Lee’s memoirs and produced by his daughter. Production quality is amazing and it’s gotten great reviews. I highly recommend it.
Warrior is a great show.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Season 5 of cobra Kai should be interesting with several different storylines all at once. For as cheesy and corny as this tv series may be at times it is simplistic , funny and yet it is a divergence from all the crap we are fed in the news. Just an outlet to Veg out.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Bonus: no woke bullshit going on either. Just straightforward entertainment!

I guess you can see what you want to see.

They do poke fun at wokeness, while at the same time poking fun at Johnny’s clueless toxic masculinity (eating Manwich because he wants a manly dinner).

I watched a lot of it yesterday. My 20 year old said it has plot lines and production quality of a Nickelodeon show from the early 2000s. I’d have to agree. I think it’s so corny it’s good, but he was not convinced.

I think the comparisons here to Saved by the Bell are accurate.

I guess you can see what you want to see.

They do poke fun at wokeness, while at the same time poking fun at Johnny’s clueless toxic masculinity (eating Manwich because he wants a manly dinner).

I watched a lot of it yesterday. My 20 year old said it has plot lines and production quality of a Nickelodeon show from the early 2000s. I’d have to agree. I think it’s so corny it’s good, but he was not convinced.

I think the comparisons here to Saved by the Bell are accurate.
I think maybe you have to be a certain age and seen the originals to appreciate it. Although surprisingly to me, a relative’s son who is a teenager likes it.

I think maybe you have to be a certain age and seen the originals to appreciate it. Although surprisingly to me, a relative’s son who is a teenager likes it.
Both of my daughters love it at 17 and 15, but they watched the original KK. And they’re aided by the flashbacks of KK 3, because they had no idea who Terry Silver was

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Did Ralph Macchio ever lift weights in his life? He still has the same exact same build he had in the Karate Kid Movies.
He has made quite a bit of money looking like that so pumping iron wasn’t a necessity.

Both of my daughters love it at 17 and 15, but they watched the original KK. And they’re aided by the flashbacks of KK 3, because they had no idea who Terry Silver was
I had no idea either. That trilogy jumped the shark after the first one.

I haven’t seen this series yet

Is Terry Silver in it? My favorite character from the KK flicks.
Yes… an actual real martial arts guy who is very accomplished in many areas .The caveat is at the end of season 4 with the surprise being an old nemesis of Daniel son.

You’d figure an Italian guy from Long Island would’ve at least seen the inside of a gym once, lol.
Looking at Machio as a youngster he was bone skinny perhaps 140 lbs. and probably 5’10” in height . Grew up and played with many kids of Italian descent in Essex County . Many played sports and did lift weights but just as many did nothing at all. Belleville, Nutley, Bloomfield , Newark Barringer loaded with some very talented Italian athletes.

I had no idea either. That trilogy jumped the shark after the first one.

I don’t think I’ve seen any of the second two movies and I’ve only see the first one in bits and pieces flipping around the channels.

Looking at Machio as a youngster he was bone skinny perhaps 140 lbs. and probably 5’10” in height . Grew up and played with many kids of Italian descent in Essex County . Many played sports and did lift weights but just as many did nothing at all. Belleville, Nutley, Bloomfield , Newark Barringer loaded with some very talented Italian athletes.
Full disclosure, I’m of Italian descent and was similar in stature to Macchio at 17 years old. I, unlike him, managed to introduce myself to the inside of a gym and have stayed with it ever since. Still going into my 50’s and will stay active as long as I possibly can.

Reactions: RUBOB72
Silver holds two black belts in real life.
Kreese has also studied martial arts in real life
Just looked up the actor who played Kreese. He was on Dancing with the Stars too. Must be a thing. He got eliminated in the first round. Guess karate doesn’t help with the dance moves haha. Johnny up next?

• Haha
Reactions: BossNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT