ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Giants Draft Prediction

RUKeystone

All Conference
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2009
New York, NY
Hope all my fellow RU-NYG fans are excited for Thursday night. Anyone care to throw out any guesses as to who we're gonna land with Pick 9?

IMO, I think our board looks something like this based on my readings/analysis of several Mock Drafts...

If Amari Cooper is available at 9, we take Amari Cooper.
If Leonard Williams is available at 5, JR might trade up and take him.
If neither Cooper or Williams are options, then we take Scherff.
If Scherff is also off the board, I think we go Flowers who I am pretty confident will be available.

I would honestly feel comfortable even taking White or Parker as I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket with Cruz's injury. Hard to fully recover from something like that. Need a strong compliment to OBJ.

Hopefully JR can continue his draft success from last season which was as good a class as any in the league.

none of the guys listed are from syracuse or boston college. coughlin wont allow it!

Seriously we always draft guys from Cuse and BC....

I don't want another receiver. We have other greater needs mike Oline or DLine

Scherff or Shelton please

in my opinion you don't take a WR with the first round here. since you expect your first round prospects to pan out there will be issues in 3-4 years when both OBJ and Cooper/White are commanding big bucks. Would have to let someone walk in Free Agency.

in my opinion you don't take a WR with the first round here. since you expect your first round prospects to pan out there will be issues in 3-4 years when both OBJ and Cooper/White are commanding big bucks. Would have to let someone walk in Free Agency.
You don't worry about free agency in 3 to 4 years, too much can happen by then.

I think you don't take a WR at 9 because that is the deepest position in this draft and you can get solid WRs in later rounds.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
I think we go "D" in the first round but before it ever gets to pick #9, Chip Kelly will have blown up everybody's board beyond all recognition and Jerry Jones will be involved as well. Reese may actually do the uncommon and trade down with Cleveland, from the shell shock. Might actually be the smart move. First couple of hours on Thursday night is shaping up to be showtime for the egomaniacs.

Leonard Williams confirmed the Giants just asked him for his 2 best contact phone numbers on Thursday night. Really hope the Giants don't trade up...

Too many positions of need. If anything, trade down for more picks.

Leonard Williams confirmed the Giants just asked him for his 2 best contact phone numbers on Thursday night. Really hope the Giants don't trade up...

It really depends on how far Williams falls. I'd be stunned if he made it to pick five, which is where supposedly the Giants feel comfortable enough to trade up for him. Plus it's the Skins at pick five so I can't imagine they would do us any favor in asking what they would want in return. I think it's a bluff from JR.

Offensive and defensive line are the top priorities.Manning needs better pass protection and the defense needs a pass rushing defensive end.

Love this table talk. Get Marriota's numbers next. Chip Kelly will have a heart attack!

I think the Giants would to go for defensive help, but the highly regarded pass rushers are olb types not Dends.By all accounts, the top rated safety is not worthy of a top ten selection. If they trade down for a later first rounder, maybe they can also pick-up a solid if not spectacular safety in the deal. If that happens, depending on how far down the pick is, they might look to the DE/'OLB from Kentucky. he's got better size then the other guys, and may have a little JPP in him. If they stay at 9, I think they go with Flowers.

I'm hoping d-line or lb in the second unless the safety from AZ state is there in the second round. Then I want him
If not, later on I'll take Drummond or Anthony Harris from uva

Williams may be the best player in the draft. If the GMen can get him, they should.

Can scherff play Tackle at the next level? Pugh needs to slide inside... i would like Peat or trade down.

Reactions: phlydj
Can scherff play Tackle at the next level? Pugh needs to slide inside... i would like Peat or trade down.

Scherff can probably play RT which is good enough for me. Allows us to move Pugh inside. If JR is intent on protecting Eli's blind side, we might just take Flowers over Scherff.

I called Flowers too. I wanted the FS Randall from AZ State. Hopefully we get a pass-rusher or top linebacker in second and safety in the third tonight

I fully expect a safety to be picked by NYG in the 2nd round. If Landon Collins is available by the time we pick at pick 8, I would be thrilled/stunned.

Like the Collins pick/trade. The Raiders would have definitely taken Collins so the Giants needed to make that trade to get him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT