ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Golfers - What you do if this happened?

First- I fire the grounds keeper who placed that pin. Never seen a pin on the very edge of a green and for it to be on a slope(on green and off green) like that is stupid. Ball was all but stopped 2 ft before the pin and then hit a slope. And then, WTF was in front of the cup?

First- I fire the grounds keeper who placed that pin. Never seen a pin on the very edge of a green and for it to be on a slope(on green and off green) like that is stupid. Ball was all but stopped 2 ft before the pin and then hit a slope. And then, WTF was in front of the cup?
It’s a greens keepers revenge tournament.

It’s a greens keepers revenge tournament.

Well, this explains it then...I guess it is why you can't just take a post at face value...I don't know the OP but sort of a dickish move not to preface the video...just saying

Same exact thing happened to me one day. One of the reasons I gave up golf.

Agreed they’re pretty fun. Played at one out in Lancaster at a buddies club. The amount of shit they were able to think up was pretty amazing.
It is amazing. Another fun one I used to play in was called “cross country.” You might start at the first tee but the pin is on the second green, or cross over two fairways, or have a 40 yard howl but between the made up tee and pin is a wall of tall evergreen trees. There were all sorts of absurdities but fun as hell and full of laughs.

I’ve played in those. Wouldn’t want to do it everyday but it’s great for some laughs!
I played in two of them. One at Battleground CC and the Warren Brook Golf Course. Just hilarious.
Agreed they’re pretty fun. Played at one out in Lancaster at a buddies club. The amount of shit they were able to think up was pretty amazing.
Agree they come up incredible ideas and all based on players complaints (at least at Battleground) where they had little signs with the quote of the player and his/her name.

Warren Brook, after the county took it over in the late 70s, had so many fun off beat "tournaments". My favorite was the one club plus putter. My brother and I played a few years in a row. I used 7iron and my brother used 5wood (old school actual wood) we actually scored close to our regular scores. Not so much with the revenge round!! 🤣

My club does that every year for our Memorial tournament. 6-7 holes just insane and quickly turns a somber day into a barrel of laughs.

The other fun tournament is during January (in Florida) we set up every green as a par 3. Lots of fun.

It is amazing. Another fun one I used to play in was called “cross country.” You might start at the first tee but the pin is on the second green, or cross over two fairways, or have a 40 yard howl but between the made up tee and pin is a wall of tall evergreen trees. There were all sorts of absurdities but fun as hell and full of laughs.
Played in a fun format called 53. Everything was a par 5 or a par 3. Created a course using tee boxes and greens from surrounding holes. One hole I remember in particular was teeing off 17 and playing to the 14th green. Made for a phenomenal 165 yard carry over water. There were many 400 yard par 5s much like you said with large barriers to cross like tall trees or 150 yard carrie’s over fescue. Playing hole backwards from 15 tee box to 13 green etc…

I played in two of them. One at Battleground CC and the Warren Brook Golf Course. Just hilarious.

Agree they come up incredible ideas and all based on players complaints (at least at Battleground) where they had little signs with the quote of the player and his/her name.

Warren Brook, after the county took it over in the late 70s, had so many fun off beat "tournaments". My favorite was the one club plus putter. My brother and I played a few years in a row. I used 7iron and my brother used 5wood (old school actual wood) we actually scored close to our regular scores. Not so much with the revenge round!! 🤣
Love the 2 and 3 club tourneys. Also love the drop
A club match play tourney. Start with 6 clubs. Win the hole lose a club. First to lose all clubs or finish 9 with least clubs win.

Love the 2 and 3 club tourneys. Also love the drop
A club match play tourney. Start with 6 clubs. Win the hole lose a club. First to lose all clubs or finish 9 with least clubs win.
Played at Bey Lea in a fundraiser in the 90s where you started with 14 clubs. Every time you hit a shot that club would be retired until you used everything in your bag. You weren't required to have any particular club but they limited that you couldn't have more the 2 of any of the same club. Once you used all 14 you got them all back. The idea sounded fun but it required a lot of volunteers. (Every foursome had 2 people to collect and return the clubs) And was an extremely long round.

Last edited:
Reactions: kupuna133
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT