ADVERTISEMENT

OT: KNICKS playoff thread Go NY Go NY GO

He sat out after surgery. The injury is repaired. I'm sure he's got discomfort from scar tissue, ect, but he isn't injured anymore. Embiid's own words:

"So, still not where I'm supposed to be, especially mentally, but I just love to play and love basketball and I want to play and any chance that I can be out there, I'm going to take it."
Anyone who follows sports knows there’s a difference between being injured and being in pain/discomfort.

You weren’t discussing being injured.
You’re saying he’s “fine” and faking his limping. You have no idea whether he is fine.

The guy is 7’2 and 280 lbs and has undergone a number of surgeries. He just came back early from his latest one.

I think common sense would say he’s not 100% and battling physical pain/discomfort out there.

Reactions: hiwater
I hope Mitch Robertson starts, when Isaiah Hartenstein. starts
we fall behind 14 to 22 points then Robertson
has to clean up his mess.

Woo Hoo! Great win Great series. Lots of strong performances from the starters tonight. No rest for the weary. Here come the pacers. Bring it on.

Incredible game. Brunson with 41 was a madman. The pace of the game was mind boggling. I hope all the Knick fans get out of town fast. CONGRATS KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! And we don’t have to hear from the handful of disgruntled Net fans. Where are you at @scarletrat? Had a lot to say a couple of days ago.

Knicks -6.5 favorite in game 1, little surprised it's that high

Knicks -6.5 favorite in game 1, little surprised it's that high
As great as Indiana is offensively (top 5), they are just the opposite defensively (bottom 3). Good defensive teams take it to another level. Indy is still trying to outscore teams. Btw, Milwaukee used to be a good defensive team, but rank towards to the bottom 1/3 of the league this year. I like the Knicks chances since they rank in the top 10 for both offense and defense.

From little bit that I saw Indiana was way too athletic for Bucks

I like OG a lot on Siakam

As great as Indiana is offensively (top 5), they are just the opposite defensively (bottom 3). Good defensive teams take it to another level. Indy is still trying to outscore teams. Btw, Milwaukee used to be a good defensive team, but rank towards to the bottom 1/3 of the league this year. I like the Knicks chances since they rank in the top 10 for both offense and defense.
Knicks should be able to dominate on the glass as well, Indiana is bottom 3 in rebounding.

Minnesota with the surprise win...I root for them because they have so many key players from Jersey. Naz Reid, Kyle Anderson and Towns...Their size may be too much for the Nuggets, Jokic and Murray are dangerous when they're determined though. Gonna be an interesting series. Also Orlando and the cavs in a game 7 today. Imo it all depends on Orlandos guards playing well to compliment banchero and Wagner if that happens they will be tough to beat...

Minnesota with the surprise win...I root for them because they have so many key players from Jersey. Naz Reid, Kyle Anderson and Towns...Their size may be too much for the Nuggets, Jokic and Murray are dangerous when they're determined though. Gonna be an interesting series. Also Orlando and the cavs in a game 7 today. Imo it all depends on Orlandos guards playing well to compliment banchero and Wagner if that happens they will be tough to beat...
Anthony Edwards is scary good.

Between him and the young guys on OKC and Orlando, really enjoying seeing some young stars emerge during this postseason.

Anthony Edwards is scary good.

Between him and the young guys on OKC and Orlando, really enjoying seeing some young stars emerge during this postseason.
So many young talented players and they're from all over the world. Gonna be harder and harder to get into the league in the future...

Reactions: cm_13
A few years ago, I recall that Memphis was an up-and-coming team full of young talent. A few bad events and injuries derailed the team to an afterthought.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
Key first 6 mins
Knicks ready to rev it back up ??!!

Start of game 6 was key , most thought they’d come out down , they ended up needing every point from their fantastic start

Reactions: Jerseylegends
A few years ago, I recall that Memphis was an up-and-coming team full of young talent. A few bad events and injuries derailed the team to an afterthought.
All depends...time will tell but Memphis' success never seemed sustainable to me as it wasn't really based on talent. Ja morant is fearless and athletic but he didn't seem to have the skill set, work ethic or leadership qualities of someone like Anthony Edwards, Memphis didn't have anyone like kat, only handful of guys like that over 6'10, Gobert is a 4 defensive player of the year. Minnesota is a good team but they haven't won anything yet so like you alluded to, they can end up never winning anything like that nets I would've sworn was destined for a chip.. people acting like it's a given they beat the nuggets are crazy..

Key first 6 mins
Knicks ready to rev it back up ??!!

Start of game 6 was key , most thought they’d come out down , they ended up needing every point from their fantastic start
Have to because the pacers will try to live up to their names and push the pace to put up points and demoralize

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT