ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Let's check-in on UConn football...

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

What's Rutgers football budget vs UConn?
Never understood why people get so ruffled when random people on the internet defend their own team.

People here do the same exact thing - pick and choose stats to pump us up against anyone else.

This is literally the same situation as "but you can't compare us to OSU. We aren't receiving a full conference share. We are tens of millions of dollars behind them."

Where would we be getting $5m (do they even get that?) and playing teams with much more money every week?

Never understood why people get so ruffled when random people on the internet defend their own team.

People here do the same exact thing - pick and choose stats to pump us up against anyone else.

This is literally the same situation as "but you can't compare us to OSU. We aren't receiving a full conference share. We are tens of millions of dollars behind them."

Where would we be getting $5m (do they even get that?) and playing teams with much more money every week?
Sir this is a thread to laugh at UConn. What's their budget compared to Utah State, FIU, and Georgia State?

UConn fans think that their program is ahead of Rutgers (see the tweet in the OP for example) and many of them think they deserve the Big Ten over us. It’s important to remind them often that their opinions are completely wrong :)

C'mon man. We have so-call fans on THIS BOARD who were proclaiming Mora some sort of genius or miracle worker. Do you understand the history of the two programs and how UCan't constantly whines on social media about how they were more "deserving" than RU to get into the B1G. UConn is a third rate state school with a good basketball team.

2021-2022 football budgets
Rutgers $43,644,477
UConn $18,443,327

2021-2022 basketball budgets
UConn $24,853,063 *
Rutgers $10,544,732

*Includes $11.1 million paid to former coach Kevin Ollie

Reactions: Knight Shift
UConn fans still cling to that BCS appearance like it matters. They were 8-4 and unranked. They only got in through a quirk in the Big East standings. That game was the final nail in the coffin for Big East football.

It's very sad that they continue to claim this high-point in their football program as more deserving than us. Never has a 28 point loss in a bowl game been so celebrated and revered by a fan base.

C'mon man. We have so-call fans on THIS BOARD who were proclaiming Mora some sort of genius or miracle worker. Do you understand the history of the two programs and how UCan't constantly whines on social media about how they were more "deserving" than RU to get into the B1G. UConn is a third rate state school with a good basketball team.

Whining on social media?
I’ll take your word for it.
I’m not losing sleep over what anyone posts online about Rutgers. Especially UConn fans.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Whining on social media?
I’ll take your word for it.
I’m not losing sleep over what anyone posts online about Rutgers. Especially UConn fans.

Compliments of the great Henry Rollins:

If I'd listened to everything that they said to me, I wouldn't be here
And if I took the time to bleed from all the tiny little arrows shot my way, I wouldn't be here
The ones who don't do anything are always the ones who try to put you down
And you could spend your entire life walking around In the nowhere land of self-doubt

Cause when you start to doubt yourself the real world would eat you alive

Reactions: NickRU714
I'd say they're not worth getting hung up on and we certainly aspire to be better than UConn.

If you can't have fun laughing at UConn, then find another thread to read. We don't need your negativity here.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT