ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mets looking for financial lifeline to avoid selling club during coronavirus pandemic

Every time I finally decided that James Dolan is the worst owner in sports this crap pops up. How the hell they are considered great businessmen if they keep crying poverty everytime they're mentioned about the Mets?

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I think Mets should just shut it down. Definitely one of those companies that was teetering before CV and is just taking on water with no relief in sight.

You boys had a good run ..well, not that good, but no need to shovel salt in the wounds.

MLB should get rid of the Wilpons the same way they rid the Dodgers of McCord. An owner with a half of a brain could do a better job than the Wilps.
If you can get rid of 1 owner in each sport:

MLB = Mets/Wilpon
NBA = Knicks/Dolan
NFL = Redskins/Snyder (@Rhuarc )
NHL = I guess also Dolan, even though he seems to be 100% hands off with the Rangers he is such a jerk he deserves 2 votes!

MLB = Mets/Wilpon
NBA = Knicks/Dolan
NHL = I guess also Dolan, even though he seems to be 100% hands off with the Rangers he is such a jerk he deserves 2 votes!

Hard to argue against him being voted twice, but Melnyk (Senators) is a worse NHL owner than Dolan

MLB = Mets/Wilpon
NBA = Knicks/Dolan

How about the owner of the A's. He's so cheap that Oakland is no longer getting the extra cash for small market teams because they don't qualify and he's kept his payroll too low. He's also not been paying the rest on the colusium and is in default.

Some bids coming in from people that want to make the Mets a good team
- Cohen
- JLo / Arod
- Devils / Sixers owner

All 3 groups would invest in the Mets to try and make them a good team and a great fan experience

Hey.. they gave Schiano a shot... but then wouldn't support him properly... yeah.. I guess that is a reason.
Think about that. Schiano worked for the worst owner in the NFL and the worst "owner" in college football (administration, not Mulcahey).

The Wilpons might be the worst rich business family . Lost tons of money to Madoff and driving the NY Mets into the ground. Not hiring Girardi when they had the chance? Then the Beltran debacle...

The Wilpons might be the worst rich business family . Lost tons of money to Madoff and driving the NY Mets into the ground. Not hiring Girardi when they had the chance? Then the Beltran debacle...

Mets are truly an inept organization, not unlike the NY Jets. Wilpons screwed up the deal with the hedge fund guy when they insisted on being involved in running the team for the next 5 years.

Wilpons need to go and let the new owners take over the organization ASAP imo. Mets fans deserve better than the Wilpons as team owners.

Last edited:
- Cohen
- JLo / Arod
- Devils / Sixers owner

All 3 groups would invest in the Mets to try and make them a good team and a great fan experience
You dont want Josh Harris, owner of the Devils/Sixers. Trust me...Sixers fans had to bully him into firing GM Colangelo after the burner account scandal a few years ago. Every Sixers fan hates his guts.

MLB = Mets/Wilpon
NBA = Knicks/Dolan
I'm down with this. Snyder is just a micro-managing, tone deaf idiot.

- Cohen
- JLo / Arod
- Devils / Sixers owner

You dont want Josh Harris, owner of the Devils/Sixers. Trust me...Sixers fans had to bully him into firing GM Colangelo after the burner account scandal a few years ago. Every Sixers fan hates his guts.

Yeah- have heard horrible stuff about this option. They may actually make the Met's good for a very short term but that would be for resale value but would make very little long term investment in them.

Some Mets fans were happy they passed on Girardi.
Yankee brass wanted to see the Mets stuck with Beltran, knowing he was dirty and would be a public nightmare, so they told the Mets he was better than sliced bread,lol. Can't wait to see just how crooked the Yankees were, no way should the letter be keep from the public.

Yankee brass wanted to see the Mets stuck with Beltran, knowing he was dirty and would be a public nightmare, so they told the Mets he was better than sliced bread,lol. Can't wait to see just how crooked the Yankees were, no way should the letter be keep from the public.

There are no clean hands in this matter imo. But if they want to save the sport they will attempt to play this season.

What if there is no mlb but people are ok with it?

Not the smart ones.
Well, that would include me. Was never sold on him.

Cashman was so effusive in his praise, it was a no-brainer:

But the overriding reason that Cashman soured on Girardi was the "connectivity and communication" issue with players, which was a concern to the GM as the Yankees move into their next phase of their youth movement led by Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez and the rest of the Baby Bombers.

What would make you think they're good people?

Had a friend that worked very high up in the organization who passed away at a young age several years ago, leaving behind a husband and a couple of kids. They have been nothing but great to her family. At least Fred has. Don’t know enough about Jeff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT