ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take the next one in my right arm. My left arm looks like I'm jacked. Body building 101 😂

You got an anabolic steroid in your left arm instead of the vaccine.

No more political talk, last chance.

Why not boot the offenders or put them in the corner for a timeout? It typically is the usual suspects and the rest of us will get punished because of their persistence.

Textbook ad hom. Argue better please, there's a lot at stake.
you are the same guy who over the summer quoted woke zombie and said there will never be over 500 hospitalizations again from covid in NJ. That better?

Germany,France,and Italy have just halted vaccinations.
From what I heard behind the scenes, the EU countries, like us, have had challenges with the roll out. This pause is more because of that, but the politicians/etc. will frame it as an issue with the vaccine. It could turn into something major, but most likely this is just blip until they get their act together.

Reactions: Greg2020
From what I heard behind the scenes, the EU countries, like us, have had challenges with the roll out. This pause is more because of that, but the politicians/etc. will frame it as an issue with the vaccine. It could turn into something major, but most likely this is just blip until they get their act together.

The US is doing WAY better than any EU country. Not sure why you would characterize their rollout as similar to ours. The US rollout has been much more successful. The US has approx 11% of our citizens fully vaccinated already, and most EU countries are only in the 2% - 3% range. The US has approximately half of the whole world's fully vaccinated people at this point. We are, by far, leading all the worlds large countries in getting our citizenry vaccinated.

EDIT: A little further checking of today’s data shows that of countries larger than 10 Million population (approx. size of Illinois or PA) only two other countries in the world (Chile - 9.5% and Poland - 4.2%), have vaccinated more than 4% of their population. And the EU as a whole has only fully vaccinated 2.89% of their population. US is currently at 11.06% fully vaccinated. Pretty impressive for a country of 330 Million residents.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
Mixed numbers today. 1870 in the hospitals so we remain banded between 1800 and 2,000 as we've been since 2/25.

"New" positives under 3k for the second straight day. Sun/Mon are always the lowest days for positives though.

Big changes in PA. Restrictions being reduced. Sitting at a bar allowed. But the biggie 50% capacity at outdoor venus! Starting April 4th. No Green Pass needed on any of the changes. So all of you freaking out about attendance at Rutgers 🏈. Relax!

My opinion...you haven't been nearly aggressive enough in these threads. I don't bother participating anymore (and only check in to read rarely) because of all the bickering and political crap but you could control it if you really wanted to. The topic is valuable enough to make that effort.

Just ban a poster for a week or so if they

1-can’t have a convo without bringing up politics

Or

2-MOST IMPORTANTLY not following board rules. We are all adults who should know how to follow rules. Don’t need warnings.

Just ban a poster for a week or so if they

1-can’t have a convo without bringing up politics

Or

2-MOST IMPORTANTLY not following board rules. We are all adults who should know how to follow rules. Don’t need warnings.

I'd say one temporary ban (a week or so) followed by a permanent ban from the thread if the behavior repeats. Or just go straight to a permanent ban, people should know by now how to interact. These threads have been largely unreadable for months now.

Reactions: mikemarc1
So you’re fine with the data she presents..but don’t like how it’s spun?

So you’re okay that 20% of NEW cases announced daily in NJ are from 2020. You’re just not okay with how she spins it?
They aren't thats part of her lie.

I'd say one temporary ban (a week or so) followed by a permanent ban from the thread if the behavior repeats. Or just go straight to a permanent ban, people should know by now how to interact. These threads have been largely unreadable for months now.
Yet you read them, or you couldn't come up with a description of how unreadable they are.

Reactions: Greg2020
Are you serious with this? You actually believe this article? It's nonsense. The Bloomberg article just says there is a chance there is a better or easier to administer vaccine coming. Maybe...

Medical Kidnap. Lol

if there were errors that are being updated they aren't being added as new cases today.

Then it’s magical that all the daily errors added last year..plus the recent tests ALWAYS equal the announced new daily cases. Has been happening for months.

When she goes thru the recent data early enough she will occasionally tweet the announced new cases and be accurate all the time.

Reactions: RUJohnny
@Richard Schnyderite when I post criticisms of the state's comms/dashboard issues, are you reading that as political? To me "politics" means bickering for the sake of being partisan. I would make the same complaints if a Republican were at the helm. I guess I am asking if you see criticizing the government when justifiable as inherently political.

@Richard Schnyderite when I post criticisms of the state's comms/dashboard issues, are you reading that as political? To me "politics" means bickering for the sake of being partisan. I would make the same complaints if a Republican were at the helm. I guess I am asking if you see criticizing the government when justifiable as inherently political.

I expect most to use their own judgement here to keep the political side out of this thread as much as possible.

I don’t even have an issue with the state calling old cases “new”. They are NEW to the state..whether by error or on purpose.

I just think the state should make a note that NEW doesn’t necessarily mean RECENT.

But to deny this is happening is kinda silly

I don’t even have an issue with the state calling old cases “new”. They are NEW to the state..whether by error or on purpose.

I just think the state should make a note that NEW doesn’t necessarily mean RECENT.

But to deny this is happening is kinda silly
Kurt S from news12 did a twitter poll a month ago asking people how they would want positives to be reported and 94% said "clarify new vs. recent"

I tagged the governor's comms director but no reaction.

Kurt S from news12 did a twitter poll a month ago asking people how they would want positives to be reported and 94% said "clarify new vs. recent"

I tagged the governor's comms director but no reaction.

Ha. Don’t recall seeing this..but this is an obvious change they should make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT