ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

my friends whos a devs fan said it to me. I get it. Nico is a very blehhh player. Plays a 200 foot game but is incredibly soft

So one fan said it to you..and you think it applies to all? Gotcha,

And yes..now I’d rather Nico be Trocheck RIGHT NOW. Since Trocheck is still playing. Lolv

No lol, kakko is an elite defensive forward and plays on the best 3rd line in the nhl.

Chytil will likely replace Rempe in the lineup….

The writing is on the wall..Rempe with an incredible 4 minutes of ice time in 4 plus periods,

Chytil will likely replace Rempe in the lineup….

The writing is on the wall..Rempe with an incredible 4 minutes of ice time in 4 plus periods,
Chytil isn’t a fourth liner and I wouldn’t screw with the top 9 right now.

The only move to be made is Brodzinski in for Rempe so you can roll the 4th line longer.

Reactions: KK1827
Chytil isn’t a fourth liner and I wouldn’t screw with the top 9 right now.

The only move to be made is Brodzinski in for Rempe so you can roll the 4th line longer.
I agree with that. I think Chytil is coming back but they're waiting for the right time / when team needs spark. You don't change things up now (other than Brodz / Rempe)

So one fan said it to you..and you think it applies to all? Gotcha,

And yes..now I’d rather Nico be Trocheck RIGHT NOW. Since Trocheck is still playing. Lolv
All? No, i just think its totally true. Thats all

All? No, i just think its totally true. Thats all

That’s fine. I don’t think most devils fans would agree.

Again, Nico’s younger, a better ppg player, better defender and has a better career +\-. Despite Trocheck’s career year..Nico is the guy most fans would want…especially on a Swiss heavy devils team. But as I admitted l..it’s certainly a debate

That’s fine. I don’t think most devils fans would agree.

Again, Nico’s younger, a better ppg player, better defender and has a better career +\-. Despite Trocheck’s career year..Nico is the guy most fans would want…especially on a Swiss heavy devils team. But as I admitted l..it’s certainly a debate
I will stay out of the comparing players game, but wherever they fit them the Devils could use a few guys like Trocheck who have more tenacity to go with their talent.

He’s grown a lot with the Rangers. He has gone from a guy whose fire caused too many penalty kills to a guy who gets under the other team’s skin without taking a lot of dumb penalties.

Reactions: RU Cheese
I will stay out of the comparing players game, but wherever they fit them the Devils could use a few guys like Trocheck who have more tenacity to go with their talent.

He’s grown a lot with the Rangers. He has gone from a guy whose fire caused too many penalty kills to a guy who gets under the other team’s skin without taking a lot of dumb penalties.
I've always liked Trocheck and agree he's grown a ton. It still makes me cringe that his spot was filled / people wanted to resign Ryan Strome couple summers ago.

Like that guy in Boston. Just the bolded part. 😉

I’m not saying Devils or their fans wouldn’t take Trocheck.

But at the expense of Nico?? No way. Maybe a handful like Kyk’s friend..but that’s the extreme minority.

I think Brindamour knows he’s out at Carolina and it’s affecting their team.

-vic
I don’t see this going as any different from the other times Carolina plays the Rangers.

Carolina’s style of taking a ton of shots plays to the Rangers’ strengths, and the Rangers always have a goaltending advantage in the matchup.

No lol, kakko is an elite defensive forward and plays on the best 3rd line in the nhl.
There’s a reason Kakko played barely over 11 minutes in a double overtime win.
Two 4th liners logged more minutes.

That said, I hope he has hat trick tonight

There’s a reason Kakko played barely over 11 minutes in a double overtime win.
Two 4th liners logged more minutes.

That said, I hope he has hat trick tonight
Love how Sam Rosen always says his full name.

Whatta game by Igor !

Carolina goalie very shaky !

Carolina uniforms remind me of old CCCP uniforms!. Ugh.

Rangers going to the Cup ! I said it !

Can’t see anyone in East beating them in 7 game series.
Or the west as well !

Destiny and the stars are aligning !

Special team and they actually have a coach. Gallant should never get another job

First, Jack Hughes eat your heart out son. The better number one draft pick just scored another big playoff goal, They are so clutch. Carolina is a fantastic hockey club but the Rangers have the best goalie in the series. 7-0! Amazing!

Please watch the Hurricanes late tying goal on the “recap”
Aho doesn’t drop his broken stick immediately… was that reviewable?

Please watch the Hurricanes late tying goal on the “recap”
Aho doesn’t drop his broken stick immediately… was that reviewable?

I hear no, but was confused that he didn't drop it. It seemed like he had time to look at it. Odd.

I hear no, but was confused that he didn't drop it. It seemed like he had time to look at it. Odd.
You are so sensitive to the heft of your stick, you know immediately when the blade is blown off.
He just didn’t drop his stick, like the puck over the glass minor penalty it’s not reviewable but should be.
I understand the necessity of not reviewing minor penalties, but these two instances should be exceptions

You are so sensitive to the heft of your stick, you know immediately when the blade is blown off.
He just didn’t drop his stick, like the puck over the glass minor penalty it’s not reviewable but should be.
I understand the necessity of not reviewing minor penalties, but these two instances should be exceptions

I know you've played, but these composites are super light with no weight to the blade at all. I definitely think he should have dropped the stick and the idea that the puck was there and not one of 4 officials saw it mystified me.

I'm taking the win. LOL. To me, officiating needs to be consistent throughout the game. Whether they call it tight or "let 'em play", the players can police themselves if there is consistency.

Reactions: zappaa
I know you've played, but these composites are super light with no weight to the blade at all. I definitely think he should have dropped the stick and the idea that the puck was there and not one of 4 officials saw it mystified me.

I'm taking the win. LOL. To me, officiating needs to be consistent throughout the game. Whether they call it tight or "let 'em play", the players can police themselves if there is consistency.
True.

These aren’t the Sherwood’s or Cooper’s of old.

Luckily for my wallet my boys seemed to have done this more often before the warranty expired. Not really much of a stick allowance in DIII.

Might it be in the Rangers best interest to not win tonight? No idea if “rust” would form. If the Panthers finished the Bruins off quickly, wonder how the NHL would handle scheduling the conference finals.

Odd the Rangers have a chance to finish their series before the puck drops on a game 3 in the west where both series are 1-1.

Might it be in the Rangers best interest to not win tonight? No idea if “rust” would form. If the Panthers finished the Bruins off quickly, wonder how the NHL would handle scheduling the conference finals.

Odd the Rangers have a chance to finish their series before the puck drops on a game 3 in the west where both series are 1-1.
Will disagree. You always play to win. Also many tough hits and injuries. You’d rather win and have some time to heal.

Why not?

He’s an excellent hockey coach.

-vic
Theres a reason he never makes it more than 2 years. Hes a god awful coach. All the Rangers beat writers have said without saying it actually that he legitimately did not coach the team last year and that basically just told him to go out there and play pond hockey and forecheck

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT