ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, let's say you let him walk- who do you sign to replace him next year that allows Yankee fans to forgive you. I don't see anyone in the OF in the next two FA classes that come even close. And he is the "face" of your yankees.
I agree with all this, but how on earth can you give him a 9 year contract at 36 million a year when he's had a history of injuries? He's a 6 foot 7 inch outfielder. If he played first I might be ok with it. IF he can prove himself this year, I'd also be ok with it.

It's like the Mets re-signing DeGrom if he opts out this year. How much are you gonna give him at his age and with his injury history?

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Good win today. Donaldson seems like he'll handle the heat of NY even with his past comments.

Judge is not going to have men on base batting 2nd. How often are the 8th & 9th batters going to be on base.
Donaldson does have a high on base percentage for his career. Someone's gotta do it and the options are kind of slim.

How can Judge survive on this insulting contract offer!
Less than $30 million a year!

How can Judge survive on this insulting contract offer!
Less than $30 million a year!
Unbelievable how much these guys get paid for hitting and catching a ball. If we paid cancer researchers that much we would have a cure by now.

I agree with all this, but how on earth can you give him a 9 year contract at 36 million a year when he's had a history of injuries? He's a 6 foot 7 inch outfielder. If he played first I might be ok with it. IF he can prove himself this year, I'd also be ok with it.

It's like the Mets re-signing DeGrom if he opts out this year. How much are you gonna give him at his age and with his injury history?
Judge is not going to age well. You can't stable the club with an awful contract for 4-5 years.

Unbelievable how much these guys get paid for hitting and catching a ball. If we paid cancer researchers that much we would have a cure by now.
Maybe the research and pharm companies worth more then every sports league, should be in question..,

Maybe the research and pharm companies worth more then every sports league, should be in question..,
Did I miss something? Is there a team of scientists at these pharma companies that have 10 year contracts worth 30M+ per?

Hank is dead so I am guessing makes nothing and still can't hit the curve!
Just shows you how much I pay attention to ownership of my favorite pro teams.
So, how much does Hal make ?

Did I miss something? Is there a team of scientists at these pharma companies that have 10 year contracts worth 30M+ per?
You did miss it...

Great, but Aaron Hicks is still a Yankee.

That's gotta change.
He had chances to knock in the winning run a few times tonight and really crapped the bed.
There is no way he should be playing. We
have better players begging to play, and
he is our starter why? Fire the General Manager. Who probably made this decision.

Reactions: MitchLL
He had chances to knock in the winning run a few times tonight and really crapped the bed.
There is no way he should be playing. We
have better players begging to play, and
he is our starter why? Fire the General Manager. Who probably made this decision.
Hicks blows. Waive him and move on.

The number of unproductive outs has been a big, big problem for a few years now. Doesn't look like 2022 will be any different. The 9th inning Sunday night is so Yankee like.

Welcome to the modern day MLB.

Reactions: Section124
Is it safe to say we're all in agreement that Boone needs to be fired if the NYY don't win WS this year?

JFC, you don't have guys bunt against the shift and you can't put runners in motion from time to time?

Is it safe to say we're all in agreement that Boone needs to be fired if the NYY don't win WS this year?

JFC, you don't have guys bunt against the shift and you can't put runners in motion from time to time?
Most teams don’t bunt against the shift or players in motion.
mans the funny thing is- every damn year, you see the team that does these things, win.
launch angles and such make for better contracts and power stats but they don’t win World Series

Boone is 100% gone without a World Series win this year .

Frankly I’d trade judge for prospects and maybe a few others and get a up and coming manager. This team is just not built to win . Correction - those In charge think they are built to win but they really aren’t , they are old and slow.

I don’t understand what Cashman is really thinking with this roster the last few years . They are not offensive juggernauts especially when they get to the playoffs and face aces .

like why is Torres here lol.

Last edited:
The Yankees need some young position players to catch on. That's where the youth and speed comes from. They've done a shitty job on that front in recent years. I would question the whole system of development and they way they run it actually. They have a ton of good, young arms that can throw 1 or 2 innings at a time but where's the homegrown OF who can actually run and track down some balls while getting some clutch hits?

The Yankees need some young position players to catch on. That's where the youth and speed comes from. They've done a shitty job on that front in recent years. I would question the whole system of development and they way they run it actually. They have a ton of good, young arms that can throw 1 or 2 innings at a time but where's the homegrown OF who can actually run and track down some balls while getting some clutch hits?
I don’t follow your minor league players but didn’t the Yanks have one of the better systems out there?

I don’t follow your minor league players but didn’t the Yanks have one of the better systems out there?
They are a middle of the pack system right now. Kind of makes sense given they make the playoffs and don't get top 10 picks.

This team resembles a team where guys can't pick each other up.

Example...last nite, tied in top of 8th...Green walks #7 hitter on a full count because he doesn't throw a heater. Next guy gets on base because of catcher's interference. Next batter hits a tailor made double play to third base and Torres can't get ball out of glove to complete play and end the inning. Springer comes up and knocks in go ahead run after Boone brings in Loisiaga because he’s a better matchup.

It's like everyone is contributing to this shitshow.

This team resembles a team where guys can't pick each other up.

Example...last nite, tied in top of 8th...Green walks #7 hitter on a full count because he doesn't throw a heater. Next guy gets on base because of catcher's interference. Next batter hits a tailor made double play to third base and Torres can't get ball out of glove to complete play and end the inning. Springer comes up and knocks in go ahead run after Boone brings in Loisiaga because he’s a better matchup.

It's like everyone is contributing to this shitshow.
Some more than others:
Higashioka........1 for 18
Falefa.................1 for 17
Gallo.................. 3 for 16
Let's hope they're just slow starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT