ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2023 NY Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
384117640_7261554553874370_6347593762276749861_n.jpg

The stands at Flushing Field today will look like the 4th quarter of Rutgers-Buffalo in 2018

Mets fans trying to put lipstick on a pig.
So it would be better to do nothing than build a farm system? No Met fan is saying it was a good year. Most are saying very happy with the assists we got from the trade off.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Love seeing Vientos starting to hit. Alonso is a beast- Nimmo is Nimmo, Lindor- going to get real close to 30/30 100/100
McNeil hitting again.

Congrats to Francisco Lndor for joining the 30/30 club for the 1st time in his career.
I actually thought he may fall short- and now he is in position for 100/100

From the day of his signing- I have been saying he will hold almost every Met offensive record when he retires along with Wright and Alonso.

Peterson and Megill have done enough at end of season to get a chance for the 5th spot next spring training
Is that a good thing or a bad thing ???

Peterson and Megill have done enough at end of season to get a chance for the 5th spot next spring training
Is that a good thing or a bad thing ???
Good thing. I think we may be the front runner for the other Japanese pitcher. That would give us Senga, Q, Y, a forth and one of those guys for 5th and depth.
That means we go hard after just one other starter like Snell.

Good thing. I think we may be the front runner for the other Japanese pitcher. That would give us Senga, Q, Y, a forth and one of those guys for 5th and depth.
That means we go hard after just one other starter like Snell.
I'd be shocked if we sign both Yamamoto and Snell. I think it will be Yamamoto and a Quintana type, on a Quintana type contract.

Interesting situation in tonight's game. Marlins had just taken a 2-1 lead in the top of the ninth, two on, two out. Then came the rain. They're waiting it out now.

If the game cannot be resumed, and has playoff implications, I assume they'll come back on Monday to finish it.

If the game no longer has playoff implications and it not completed, who wins? What if it has Tankathon implications?

Definitely have to finish this one whenever they can or the Cubs would lose their sh-t. Rightfully so I guess.
I think they would only finish it on Monday if it has playoff implications. By end of Sunday everything may have already been decided without it.

If it is not finished and has no playoff implications, I can see the league awarding the Mets the victory, since they led after eight, and the ninth was never completed.

Can you imagine if that "win" resulted in the Mets missing out on the sixth spot in the Tankathon race? That would be SO Mets!

• Angry
Interesting situation in tonight's game. Marlins had just taken a 2-1 lead in the top of the ninth, two on, two out. Then came the rain. They're waiting it out now.

If the game cannot be resumed, and has playoff implications, I assume they'll come back on Monday to finish it.

If the game no longer has playoff implications and it not completed, who wins? What if it has Tankathon implications?
"If a regulation game is terminated early due to weather and the game is either tied or in the midst of an inning in which the visiting team has taken the lead, it becomes a suspended game that will be completed at a later date from the point of termination."

A disproportionate number of prospects are shortstops, because that's where you play your best athletes. That and center field.
Agree- and most of these kids are 16/17. They all want to make MLB so the best players are going to the most important positions on the team

Mets game postponed today, doubleheader scheduled for Saturday starting at 4:10.

Also:

Tonight's game is off.
4:10 single admission DH tomorrow.
If they can get the field dry.
These games could be important for the Phillies if they get to the World Series and have an opponent who has won fewer games this season.

Last edited:
If David Stearns is looking for a new manager not named Craig Counsell, he has a new name in the mix. Former Manager of the Year Gabe Kapler was fired by the Giants.

With Marlins winning and Cubs losing, it is likely that there will be no need to finish the rainout game. Which means, if I understand correctly, the Mets will be awarded the win, 1-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT