ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

And then there's this- -Baseball Reference is projecting the Yankees win 71.6 games in 2024 – coming in last in the AL East – with a 2.7% chance of making the playoffs. https://www.nj.com/sports/2024/03/y...ically-bad-season-latest-projections-say.html
Predictions for the Yankees season:
Bleacher Report 89 wins...2nd place
USA today 90 wins..2nd place
Sporting News 83 wins...1st place
ESPN 91 wins...1st place
FanGraphs 87 wins...1st place
Pecota 92 wins...1st place

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha
Reactions: FrankZ
Predictions for the Yankees season:
Bleacher Report 89 wins...2nd place
USA today 90 wins..2nd place
Sporting News 83 wins...1st place
ESPN 91 wins...1st place
FanGraphs 87 wins...1st place
Pecota 92 wins...1st place
Well look who I got to do some research, lol. Let the games begin and best of luck to both NY baseball squads. I saw you gleefully post one Mets prediction site, just thought I'd post one Yankees site. I never thought it would tweak you to the point of Googling every possible MLB futures site. Which one you placing a futures bet on?

Well look who I got to do some research, lol. Let the games begin and best of luck to both NY baseball squads. I saw you gleefully post one Mets prediction site, just thought I'd post one Yankees site. I never thought it would tweak you to the point of Googling every possible MLB futures site. Which one you placing a futures bet on?
1. I don't bet anymore...haven't for years.
2. All I did was bump into a site that listed all of those predictions. I saw an earlier post here by you of some absurdly low win total for the Bronx Bombers. I just wanted to put it into context.

When do we expect to hear if the Mets will play ball tomorrow? Weather looks pretty crummy, like 50% of rain all day. Will be typical Mets to make all the fans get to the stadium and then delay/cancel it. They have the Friday off day, wonder if they'll just move it to Friday.

When do we expect to hear if the Mets will play ball tomorrow? Weather looks pretty crummy, like 50% of rain all day. Will be typical Mets to make all the fans get to the stadium and then delay/cancel it. They have the Friday off day, wonder if they'll just move it to Friday.
The earliest would be tonight but probably tomorrow morning.

Didn't MLB take away weather decisions from the teams and they make the call now? I thought that is the case but I could also be making that up.

There's a reason that day 2 is almost always free. Unless there's an obvious window tomorrow during game time, I'd expect them to move it to Friday.

1. I don't bet anymore...haven't for years.
2. All I did was bump into a site that listed all of those predictions. I saw an earlier post here by you of some absurdly low win total for the Bronx Bombers. I just wanted to put it into context.
Actually I saw it on the Yankees site,posted by Tango Two. I just copy and pasted it when I saw your Mets post.

DJ Stewart has made the OD roster.

JD Martinez will in fact stay in the minors for 10 days and then see where he's at.

Thursdays game has been postponed until Friday
Good call. Weather will suck tomorrow. Even if they could squeeze it in, not ideal for an Opening Day when the next day is open and the forecast is for sunny, mid-50s. It will be windy though.

Looking forward to the start of the season. Even with this postponement, there will be plenty of games tomorrow. Extra inning package is usually free for the first week of the season.

Reactions: Zak57
Curious, and I don’t know…tge prediction sites- were the pre or post JD?

I just put $100 on the Mets to make the playoffs at 2-1 odds.

Everyone is a believer in the spring!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT